Topaz Video AI v3.1.0

I updated today and get the same errors. The previous version was working on my laptop perfectly (upscaling with Gaia model to H264 (NVidia), mp4), but now, when I do the same export like I did before, I got these errors. I submitted a request and still waiting for a reply.

1 Like

I’ve just had the same experience. I’m not yet ready to stump up for a new full year’s licence just yet, and we should not be forced into it by stealth. I would have expected the current version to alert me when my licence has expired BEFORE allowing me to download a new version (and overwriting my working version). How/where do I find a previous version of 3.0.x that works with my license, as I had before the start of my day yesterday…?

3 Likes

Mine was Mac

No offence, but Topaz is a computer program which can do amazing things really quickly without having to think about it, and should be able to check my licence and warn me BEFORE allowing me to update to a version that will revert to DEMO mode.

1 Like

Go to the top of this page and click on what I highlighted.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 133719

Next select the version you want.

Then move to the top of that page and you will see the release downloads.

Cross-posting my post, but this version is giving me serious performance improvements on the ‘low res’ end (480p + 720p to 1080p is 90% of my upscales). Went from 0.13/0.14 sec/frame on all prior versions of Topaz Video Enhance to 0.07-0.08. This speedup lets me do 1440p video-res upscale at the same 14-15fps (from 720p or 1080p source) too

Ryzen 5800X (PBO), 3600MHz CL16 DDR4, RTX 3080Ti (Undervolt+MemOC, ~200W avg pwr in topaz)

I do have an issue where previews on ‘smartphone’ (Portrait) videos (with the VP9 codec) don’t work, so I can only encode for 1 frame with the preview before it stops. Actual export has no preview, but it seems to compute/work properly

1 Like

Amelia Bedelia

it stopps to workin on 99% on any video i f have themis enabled ???

It won’t allow me to save a Preset with the Output Encoder set to ProRes 422 HQ. Each time I set it and make a new preset, the preset reverts to ProRes 422 LT.

While I’m at it, there’s still no way that I can see to manage presets. I can add, but I can’t delete, export, or import. That’s rather problematic. Is there a limit to the number of presets I can have?

Go to the preset folder. There you can edit and delete as many presets as you want.

Where exactly is this presets folder? Are you referring to the list at the right? Sure, I can select a preset and then make an edit to it, but then I have to save that as a new preset. How do I delete a preset, or import, or export?

@nipun.nath @suraj

Posting this for awareness:

Unfortunately I can’t use version 3.1.0 as there has been a 4x performance drop since v3.0.12 using Chronos Fast on GTX 1070 card. In case others with GTX cards have the same issue, it’s not just you.

3.0.12:

3.1.0:

1 Like

Even though my favourite model (Apollo) is not included in this release, I can be sure that when they’re done working on Apollo it will be better than before, I tested the newer apollo models, and they desperately need work, so that’s cool that it’s getting a much-needed revision!

Hi,
I tried to upscale and deinterlace 480i footage. It finished the process 100% but in the end it crashes. Topaz Video AI just disappears and the temporary file is still there but not readable and the converted prores(lt) seems to be corrupt as well.
This is very disappointing. The footage is 80 minutes long and it lasted quite a while to render the upscale.
Also when I go to a specific frame during rendering it jumps back and forth randomly.
Very annoying.
Thanks!

In the hidden folder ProgramData on Windows. Exactly "c:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\presets". The bad news is the json file does not contain the encoding format, container type or bitrate.

Which is of absolutely no use to me on a Mac. Why in the F is there no way to do this in the actual app interface?

I want to reiterate how colossally P----D OFF I am that I paid money for this beta piece of crap.

1 Like

Being a BETA TESTER you should be familiar where to find relevant TOPAZ folders, e.g.
(C:) > ProgramData > Topaz Labs LLC > Topaz Video AI > presets

1 Like

The thing is he’s not a beta tester plus as he pointed out to me after my response he is on a Mac. That being said maybe a mac has a preset folder for TVAI that is named presets and he could do a search how ever that’s done on a mac.

ok I see, thx for the correction

1 Like

@nipun.nath @suraj @yazi.saradest
Time and Date Problem - Discovery

One chronic lemon has been incorrect dates encoded into the media info itself and also the Windows file dates.

This is a phantom that seems to appear and disappear. - I may have found a clue to the origin of the problem.

Today, I did multiple previews of the one input file using the same 15-second segment. -
all of them were coming out with the original input file date, (internally and externally,) until I switched my output format from “Mp4-Quicktime” (or ProRes 422HQ) to AV1 for Nvidia. *At that point, the (Windows) file date changed to the current date and time, but the MediaInfo encoding date remained “UTC 2022-11-20 05:10:40”

I then ‘stopped processing’ a preview which left only the first few lines of the MediaInfo header visible. - The correct (current date and time was there.

From what I can see, it appears that whatever is "completing the output file or preview file is rewriting the original file information back onto the output, time, date, and file date.

This is a very annoying bug that needs to be fixed. - Please!

2 Likes