Topaz Video AI v3.0.1

The Best: Being able to upscale and frame interpolate simultaneously.
The auto parameter isn’t bad, but I prefer to do things manually and 2.6.4 was such a program.
The not so good: The new interface? Basically a new program. Also gone are all my favorite presets from previous program. Perhaps you might consider including a legacy format to import older presets.( Sony Vegas Pro editor allows this with every new update.
The worst: I have a powerful system and its flat out when using 3.0.1. Up to date NVidea driver but still freezing and crashing too much. So not sure what’s going on there.
CONCLUSION: I’ll probably go back to 2.6.4

One suggestion, not sure if it would make a difference. Using studio drivers vs. game drivers, or vice versa. I know there have been issues with drivers in the past. Also, I wonder if people with AMD gpu or Apple M1 have similar issues. I have AMD RX6800XT, but I have not tested this TVAI release yet.

Version 3.0x so far is not ready for release nor should it have been. I have been using VEAI for over a year and have been amazed at its capabilities. I was initially excited to try this new version based on the release comments. However, after a few days of terrible performance and crashes, I have decided to go back to 2.6.4 and hope support continues for it. I will try 3.x when users on this forum seem more or less satisfied with the product.

6 Likes

I have also used Mocha Pro too.
After Efects has a Version of Mocha.

A new release is now available: Topaz Video AI v3.0.2