Topaz Video AI 4.0.9 - bug with presets

So I’m loving most of the new features, including telecine, so I set up a new profile that automatically crops and does telecine removal. I save that, then load in all my video clips, select all of them, apply my new preset, then click “export multiple”. This is when I see my settings blink out and the status window shows 29.97fps instead of 23.976.

BUT, if I load my clips, select each one by one, apply the preset, then “Export As”, the preset’s settings remain intact.

What could be going on? :frowning:

Hiya. The weird bug persists in 4.1.2? I’ll open a few Inputs. Select all, then apply a preset. When I go to click on a single input, it reverts to “NONE”.

Note that I created a new preset from scratch in 4.1.2 just to rule out issues when upgrading from 4.09 or 4.10. So the new preset was made in 4.1.2. When restarting Topaz, this profile reverts to Proteus rather than my chosen AI model also continues.

has anyone else seen the same problems?

I’m also noticing that, in preview mode, trying to exit that to see the Input video’s full length requires me to - instead of clicking “original” when nothing happens - to close any processed previews generated, switch to another input, then switch back to the Input I am testing (after waiting 30 seconds per click because it seems slow to update, which also seems odd). Since the “Preset” shows up as “None”, I go to reload my new preset mentioned earlier. This may be related to the OP.

More additional: Going into preferences and selecting the preset I made today in 4.1.2 as the default preset to use – does not stick either. Topaz reverts to “None” regardless. Why the preset keeps resetting to “none” (either the dropdown shows “none” or the dropdown shows my Preset but all of the enhancement and other settings’ sliders show “off”) and why Enhancement keeps reverting to Proteus despite saving the preset with Dionne or Iris or any other, this is baffling. Also, closing Topaz, restarting, and reloading the inputs’s Preset show “none” instead of what the default saved in preferences s supposed to be.

I also just reloaded an older preset. The parameters pane showing the preset values has “Enhancement” showing Iris Face LQ/MQ only. There is no second enhancement enabled. In the output video pane on the left, I see “original”. To the right and just under the video frame, I see the following parameters, "Motion deblur, frame interpolation chronos, Enh: Iris MQ (relative) … 2nd Enh Proteus (relative). " As I don’t even have 2nd enhancement configured (the button “add second enhancement” exists, this is truly baffling. (Also note, the preview with this preset selected now shows “none” in the dropdown instead of what I named it when I created is this morning.)

Should I do a complete app removal, reboot, reinstallation to see if that does any good?

Hi, has your problem been resolved?

Looks like I’m running into the same or very similar issue. I just entered this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.