Topaz PhotoAI 1.3.0 crashes while processing, 2 or more pictures (45MB)

Photo AI crashes and closes out while processing one file when multiple files have been uploaded into program.

Open program
Upload 2 or more picture files
Check and Process individual files
Program crashes and closes while processing file and not saving any of the files.
This issue started after update to 1.3.0, possibly started with previous version

AMD 5900x, 64 GB RAM, 3060 TI, WIndows 11 (latest updates), latest video driver

Hi @sthielem2, has this behavior only appeared for you in version 1.3.0 of Photo AI? Did the prior versions of the app work consistently for you?

Please recreate this behavior in Photo AI, and as soon as the app stops, please go to Help > Open Log Folder and attach all of your log files from that folder to this thread for us to inspect.

Thank you!

I have the same problem.
2023-04-17-15-19-5.tzlog (557.7 KB)

1 Like

2023-04-17-21-47-59.tzlog (9.3 KB)

Attached is log where two pictures were being processed by user when program crashed

In regards if issue persisted in versions prior 1.3.0, user cannot confirm for certain; there might be a possibility but not certain. Issue is definitely persistence with 1.3.0 !!

2023-04-17-22-43-44.tzlog (8.8 KB)

Another example when program crashed: 3 pics

Attached is log where two pictures were being processed by user when program crashed
2023-04-17-21-47-59.tzlog (812.8 KB)

In regards if issue persisted in versions prior 1.3.0, user cannot confirm for certain; there might be a possibility but not certain. Issue is definitely persistence with 1.3.0 !!

Another example when program crashed: 3 pics

2023-04-17-22-43-44.tzlog (809.9 KB)

[Apologies if i posted twice…not sure if i did it correctly]

Could you send your system profile?
How to Obtain Your System Profile (Windows)

Follow the instructions in this video to send me the crashpad zip (Windows).

I shared the logs with my team so we can figure out what is causing this issue.

DxDiag_ST_rePhotoAI_20230421_MS11.txt (115.6 KB)

Latest system Profile, as requested.

Just experienced the same - no error, application straight crashed. Was editing a set of 10 .ARW files.

No issue previously processing a large batch of .JPGs
2023-04-23-08-03-20.tzlog (3.2 MB)

1 Like

Is it possibly a memory caching issue?
I noticed that the file size oftentimes increases to about 180-250 MB per picture (not issue on my side) and if i have multiple files that adds up quickly to a lot. Just a thought.

Another log sample, 3 pics 30 MB original size each…crashed during processing, had some crashes during saving as well…
2023-04-22-22-29-31.tzlog (10.1 KB)

Same thing happening to me, but I’m using your latest version. Initially it wouldn’t process the photos, but when I switched from using my 3080 Ti for processing to Auto, it seemed to render fine. Now, whenever a photo is rendering, the app just shuts down with no errors.

1 Like

2023-04-23-21-19-5.tzlog (10.1 KB)

2023-04-25-21-48-35.tzlog (10.5 KB)

2 pictures (45 MB each), display issue and then crash

Please make sure you send the log that is above the most recent one. The log size should be larger than 10KB. The previous logs with crashes were both 800KB or larger.

Follow the instructions in this video to send me the crashpad zip (Windows). This will show me more information about the cause.

This looks like a different issue than the one OP is experiencing.

Next time you get a crash, please send me another log file. There is a bit of corruption in the one you sent so it’s not clear what the issue is.

Please send your system profile so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date. We can try updating your graphics driver and see if that changes the behavior.
How to Obtain Your System Profile (Windows)

Please open Topaz Photo AI and go to the Help > Open Log Folder menu option. Email me all the logs files in the folder.

I should be able to determine what is happening and send next steps with this information.

crashpad_20230426_ST.zip (7.2 MB)

Crashpad zip file as requested