Topaz Photo AI v3.2.1

First of all, does Topaz 3.2.0 run in Sequoia?

2nd, I’m elderly. I was there way when computers were punch cards on the Ed Sullivan show in 1956, and I have a lot of experience with pitfalls of being an early adopter—I don’t do it.

  1. Unless Topaz changes its new subscription policy, I will never buy past 3.2.0

  2. Someone else will need to figure this out for you.

Please be patient as dakota.wixom pointed out the EULA will be corrected in next update.

1 Like

It does not dock for me.

There is still a 2nd flyout panel (Win 11, Ps plugin).

I would like to be able to drag that entire flyout panel of enhancement options into the righthand panel and dock it there permanently.

If I want to use any of the tools (denoise, sharpen, face recovery, etc.) I want them to expand their settings in that righthand single panel. that I’ll use a scrollbar to move between.

That is not possible on my installation of rel. 3.2.1 or any of the other releases in the past year. It has not gone back to the good single settings panel pre-redesign (either for all or by choice) capability. We still want that back.

I agree we all ask for it, at the moment i have noticed that upscale only will open on the right panel others need to be drag into right panel every time. i hope this will change overtime.

1 Like

I won’t be holding my breath on this one. Dakota is a product manager. He is not the company Attorney, the CEO, the COO. He is not in charge of how the company decides to market their products. He is not in charger of Operations, Marketing, Product Support, nor is he even the Principal Designer.

If the CEO Eric Yang, or the COO Tom Hsia comes forward, then I might believe what you say. Dakota is not even on the management chart.

1 Like

Well. wait till coming Thursday update 3.2.2

Fingers crossed! :wink:

The EULA is not product or version specific, it covers everything. It can and should be updated independently of TPAI, TVAI or anything else.

However, legal advisers may have to be consulted, in which case Topaz management should say so, comment on the various criticisms made (ideally in a specific feedback thread) and provide us with a timeline for consideration of our concerns and anticipated update date. Effective communication on something as serious as this is important if Topaz are to allay our concerns.

1 Like

I know EULA is not a product with new update 3.2.2 we have to read Eula carefully as most of the time we just agree without reading.

1 Like

Dave,

You are correct that it is not version specific, so the only safe choice unless they fix it (including the amendment, publicity, and other sections) is not to load new versions. If you never load 3.2.1 or Video 5.3.2, the you are still under the old agreement, and do not have the right to change that without your consent.

…Sam

You are the one over and over asking ME about this and wanting ME to figure it out for YOU.

Someone else will need to figure this out for you.

Someone else will need to figure this out for you.

Someone else will need to figure this out for you.

Why is my license showing as expired when I just upgraded in August?

I certainly hope you fix this soon. Nikon Z 8, Nikkor 180-600 lens. I’ve never seen a purple bison, I never hoped to see one, but I can tell you anyway I’m close to no longer being ONE (topaz ai customer that is)

1 Like

After upgrading to 3.2.1, the app cannot be launched. Later, I uninstalled and reinstalled 3.2.1, but the problem persisted. I have to back to 3.2.0. By the way, I haven’t encountered such a problem of not being able to start app for a long time.

This type of problem happens on windows computer. Never had this problem on Mac

Same issue when starting the plugin from LRC:
image
I had to revert to version 3.2.0 (you have to completely uninstall Topaz Photo AI before, otherwise you will run into problems).

I am running 3.2.0 on Sequoia. I am a casual user so have no idea if it is faster/slower than before. I did a test run of an ARW image that required denoising and also upscaled X2. It took about a minute and a half. Just running the RAW denoise function on the same image took about ten seconds.
Mac mini M1 16GB.