Maybe. But CTRL + F4 has been a standard shortcut for generations to close the current child window or document ![]()
USERS DON’T READ. Do you honestly believe someone is going to read documentation and figure this out?
The app should automatically do the best (right) thing. Flag those faces or don’t recover them or alert me, but please don’t expect me (or any other busy person) to dig through volumes of FAQs and “guides” to see why we get unexpected results
For example, display an indicator [Chance of recovery: LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH] next to each face you find. Or let me click them in the final image and click something like “IGNORE FACE” to teach the app to exclude it.
It’s the foundation of good UX
Cheers!
Having 3 separate settings for noise removal is confusing. We’ve got:
-Strength [1-100]
-Minor Deblur [1-100]
-Original Detail [1-100]
Do you know how many possible combinations there are?
Most importantly, Strength and Original Detail seem like they do the opposite things (judging by the names). Can there be one single setting for beginners, just Strength, which intelligently COMBINES all other ones? I mean, does anyone really play and tweak 3 independent settings like that?
Yes. All the time
Me too!
Always…
I think there actually could be more granular adjustment/enhancement options (based on the great “classic” Topaz products & the features they offered).
But … I recently posted - and, I stand by it, that I think the duplicative functions (that made sense in the standalone Sharpen AI & Denoise AI) in PAI should be removed! Because they start performing functions we (ie, at least I) don’t want performed repetitively in a single processing session because that can do bad things to images. Specifically, there should no longer be a “deblur” under DeNoise in PAI and there should no longer be a “denoise” in Sharpen in PAI. They are redundant and over-process images in the newer, integrated product - PAI.
The rationale (for me) to remove those reciprocal functions is not a matter of offering users fewer choices for making adjustments to images (as noted above, in some cases I’d prefer more and more granularity of tweaking options b/c I make all manual adjustments, not auto robot, not presets) it’s to reduce or eliminate over-processing b/c those duplicative functions cannot be disabled or set to “0”. They are artifacts of shmooshing together previously independent products.
I’m still wondering if it’s safe to update and not lose the ability to continue using software I already purchased. I still have months in my year’s worth of updates, so if I decline future updates, can I get a prorated refund?
See how they respond in the next version or two. If its reasonable again, update to one of those. If you go to 3.2.1, it looks like it will alter your contract with Topaz and you would be potentially forever stuck, but a lawyer would have to to tell you to be sure. If you stay at 3.2.0 and if you use Video AI, 5.3.1, you will definitely be safe from this.
…Sam
If the 3.2.0 EULA was overriden by the 3.2.1 EULA then wouldn’t a 3.2.2 EULA override the 3.2.1 EULA?
Yes. That means they can fix this in a new version.
The new GigaPixel 7.4.3 had a newer but fully reasonable EULA. If they attach that to TPAI and Video, we can start loading new Topaz products safely again.
…Sam
I notice that Photo AI is no longer covered by your upgrade policy, but it would have been if I renewed earlier. I hope my interpretation is wrong. Please clarify. I don’t think that I should have to pay what amounts to an upgrade price for two products.
I’m not sure (since I have troubles with my graphics card that won’t let itself update with the latest driver from Nvidia) if this was implemented on 3.2.0 but to my surprise, once upgraded to 3.2.1 the dock now shows “dock to the sidebar” and that’s a GREAT improvement that I was longing for a while.
Graphics card glitches aside (and that’s on my end), this new version made my day, I’m enjoying more than ever the new TPAI !
You are absolutely correct now that annoying floating panel can be docked to right panel empty space.Great improvements which was requested several times by many others.
Indeed!
I hope for clarification here. My MBP m1Pro only has 16 gb RAM and 512 GB SSD.
What clarification are you asking about?
The posting about Sequoia being faster with Topaz showed a 64 gb/8TB machine. I’m waiting to see if that holds for a 16gb/512gb machine.
When ART IS RIGHT(on youtube) tested Topaz with the M macs, anyone with 64 gb RAM was always much much faster than just 16 GB ram. I can’t see it, unless Sequoia is doing something creative with RAM usage,
Do you have Monterey, Ventura, or Sonoma now? Whatever you have I suggest you do some Photo AI timings and then after you install Sequoia do exactly the same ones again with the same version of Photo AI. I will be very interested in learning what you find out. You might also run Geekbench AI before and after also and tell us the results.
Yes, more RAM is likely to give somewhat better results.
Specifically, section 15.5 (below). That currently applies to any and all Topaz products past present and future, until they decide to change it again when whatever they feel like adding or removing will then apply to … all Topaz products past present and future.
15.5. Amendment. Topaz may, in its sole discretion, amend this EULA from time to time by posting the amended EULA on its website or by providing You with digital access to the amended EULA through the Software or other means. If You do not agree with any such amendments or any new versions of the EULA, You may terminate this EULA in accordance with Section 11.2 before such amended EULA becomes effective, upon which You must stop using the Software. By using the Software after the amended EULA becomes effective or otherwise indicating Your acceptance of the amended EULA, You are agreeing to be bound by the terms of the amended EULA.
So they expect us to monitor and check for and EULA changes every single time we use the software, before using it. All 23 screenfulls of it. Even if we have abandoned all further upgrades as many of us have done because we are happy to stick with an earlier version and earlier EULA - which they can now change at a moment’s notice and our only option if we don’t like it is to immediately stop using the old version of so-called perpetual software!
Just compare the 23 screen Topaz EULA with the 7 screen Magix EULA (for the Vegas Pro NLE - same screen resolution):
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/gb/eula/professional/
Magix EULA is standard industry stuff. The Topaz EULA is outrageous - even potentially dangerous to users who have to basically rely on the goodwill of Topaz as pretty nearly all consumer rights are removed. Heck, whatever Topaz staff say in these forums, they can even do THIS:>
.2.1 Personal Licenses are only valid for a single user and may not be shared between individuals. *At all times, Topaz may monitor Your use of the Software.
What the heck does that even mean? It’s open ended, they can monitor anything.
Also, automatic publicity rights:
15.3. Publicity Rights. You hereby grant Topaz the right to use Your name, logo, or trademarks in any advertising, publicity, marketing, or other promotional materials or activities…
And 11.1 - automatic renewal not if you agree to it, but merely if they happen to have your payment details on file!
This EULA is an utter and complete disaster for the user and unless they completely re-write it in a standard industry and more consumer oriented manner, I hope it will be for Topaz too.
So get on with it Topaz - or keep us informed how far you’ve got. This has been going on for 9 days now and if it’s a lawyer problem, give them a kick up their corporate backside. Sorry if there’s some repetition of earlier posts in here but it needed to be said.
Yep.
I’m not agreeing to that. -Just going to sit on my old versions.
I want to give Topaz the benefit of the doubt, but this EULA sounds like a Trojan Horse.