Topaz Photo AI v2.0.7

Just compared PAI with Sharpen AI. There were halos and shapening was not so good on PAI, colours shift more also. SAI, did a good job without any fiddling around, just in standard setting, no halos, was sharper than PAI, slight change in colour on one part of the image.

Why is sharpen on PAI, not as good as SAI?

Been led to believe that PAI is better or is that just marketing by Topaz?

3 Likes

Hi, has a camera profile for Nikkor Z 135mm Plena been added?

Thank you.

Better to use Studio Drivers

1 Like

Wouldn’t it have been easier to make Photo AI an application that includes Gigapixel, Denoise and Sharpen in its latest version and just enable the user via Photo AI to process each of those one after another in the order of choice? Instead the whole thing was written new and the results often don’t match the quality of the three seperate tools. :eyes:

10 Likes

Actually, for any given release number, Nvidia no longer codes them any different. The only tangible difference is the focus of the associated documentation.

How do you know this?

Different opinion:

"Yes, there is a difference between NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Drivers and Studio Drivers even if they have the same version number.

The GeForce Game Ready Drivers are optimized for gamers and provide the best possible gaming experience for the latest game releases. These drivers are tested and certified by NVIDIA’s WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) team and include performance optimizations, bug fixes, and new features specific to gaming.

On the other hand, NVIDIA Studio Drivers are designed for creative professionals who use applications like Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk Maya, and other similar software. These drivers are tested and certified for stability, reliability, and performance with creative applications. They also include optimizations and bug fixes specific to these applications.

While the version number may be the same, the driver files themselves are different, with different optimizations and settings specific to their target users. It’s important to choose the appropriate driver for your intended use, whether it be gaming or professional creative work."

Guru3d has tracked this debate over the years. Yes, there used to be a difference. Nvidia insiders have subsequently shared that the development strategy was merged into a more cost effective single coding effort a while ago. Packaging them differently is mostly a legacy marketing issue at this point.

Subject Matter Experts Astyanax and Dr_Rus

Can you provide some links to “Nvidia insiders have subsequently shared that the development strategy was merged into a more cost effective single coding effort a while ago.”

If this was true why bother releasing 2 identical drivers with different names, when the revs are the same. It would be much simpler to just have one driver and the release notes, which will tell what changed.

FYI - the size of the installers for the Game Ready and the Studio aren’t the same.

2 Likes

I’m very happy with all the improvements, they are gradually getting to the point nothing will need changing as Topaz will do it all . I only use Topaz on jpeg images that have had light and cropping tweaks in Photoshop so basically for noise reduction and sharpening but I like the enhanced versions too. My biggest grouse is that when I save the jpeg image it automatically reverts to best quality whereas I would it to save a smaller file for use on websites etc and keep the setting where I have placed it.

No 2.0.8 release today?

1 Like

Each of these programs are huge so the total, folded into PAI, would be very large.

Maybe something with an extra special fancy bow tomorrow 
 :gift:

2 Likes

v2.1.0 will coming soon

1 Like

2.1.0 is out now.

Also heads up to people who may see that a download is available by manually changing the url, there is a reason we do not make these builds and the thread public even though the download is up. If you download before the official release is posted there is the possibility that you have downloaded a version with known issues that are being worked on. For instance, we re-built 2.1.0 a handful of times today and if you ended up getting the first version for instance, you would have a lot of problems that are not in the actual release.

Just wanted to put this out here because I know a fair amount of people try to jump the gun when it comes to new updates, but it may end up hurting you if you grab one too early.

6 Likes