Topaz Photo AI v2.0.7

Doing upscale on PAI, why is my file size going from 62.1mb to 2.08gb, on a x4 upscale?

That is around 33x the size.

When I try to open file, it says “file is unsupported or is corrupted”.

X2 upscales are not a problem. Actual file size is 1.87gb.

So, can you explain why there is a colour shift on the picture with subject in the front? This time it is a RAW file out of Fuji X-H2. This seems to be a bug in Topaz as I don’t see the colour shift when using TIFFs or JPEGs(not using them).

Another example…

Possibly because of removing noise?

I’m getting colour shifts just on upscaling, looks like it is saving to a different colour space, despite the setting to use source colour.

1 Like

Yeah but why? Shouldn’t the resulting image be in the same colour temp? I hate to adjust this later in PS. Besides, it is only happening with RAW format.

1 Like

On the 8th of September Lingyu said (in the 2.0.0 release thread):
“We are adding a toggle in Preferences > General to allow switching between 4 letter and 3 letter file extension. However, 4 letter is recommended to avoid potential ambiguity. This will be released in 1-2 weeks.”
But I can’t find it in 2.0.7 - how am I missing it please?

If you remove noise, then the colour can change.

Too many hidden processes going on in PAI. I would not do Raw processing with Topaz.

There is no White balance control for one thing.

Not enough control over what it is doing.

Upscaling is right at the end, just before printing, last thing you want is the colour to change.

2 Likes

If you select in preferences to turn AutoPilot off, then turn it off, so it does not go through all the AutoPilot processes and turn everything else off, so no processing in going on, in the background. Then we can adjust just what we want it to do. Just like on Sharpen AI and DeNoise AI standalone software.

2 Likes

I’m done. My subscription for Denoise, Sharpen, Gigapixel, and TPAI has expired, and I can’t see re-upping just for another year of what is likely to be more beta testing without convergence on a useful, reliable tool.

For now, I’ll continue using the three standalone products until Mac OS updates break them. At the same time, I’ll evaluate other vendors’ solutions for those three functions.

I wish Topaz well, but it isn’t happening for me.

9 Likes

I do understand the issue but there are other AI supported software like DxO or ON1 that are performing denoising without color shift. Still no viable explanation why the shift occurs with RAWs and not 16bit TIFFs for example.

1 Like

I have been trying DxO PureRaw3 for 10 days now. Quite impressed with the noise reduction but no white balance or exposure control, so still need other processing. Will be trying Photolab7 next but no layers. I still use Photoshop CS6.

Is Topaz saving your images to your source colour setting?

I don’t think Topaz is the best RAW software. I use it for Denoise and Sharpening.

3 Likes

Must admit I am disappointed that Topaz are no longer updating their other products - wasted my money there. It is taking forever and a day to get TPAI to a good useable state. I will have to rethink where I go from here.

14 Likes

Hello, please give us back a tool to invert masks, so like in V1 and Sharpen Ai standalone.
It is to time intensive with erase the mask!!
Thank you.

3 Likes

Invert, All and None

2 Likes

Works fine with Nvidia 546.01 Game Ready Drivers.

1 Like

I am having the same problem! CLI stopped working and my automatic workflow is kaput. Please fix the cli or at least check and worn us so we won’t install a defected version.
please topaz - when can we expect a fix?

after apgrading from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7, the cli stopped working
can i roolback to 2.0.6?
do i have to clean install? how do i install 2.0.6 and not 2.0.7?
thank you. michel

Is it possible to make the mask that is generated during the automated subject-selection available/usable in any of the other tools besides “Sharpen”?

Welcome to the club… I was in the same predicement. You can simply uninstall 2.0.7, tell it to keep the settings. And then run the 2.0.6 installer. Make sure you ignore the update screen in 2.0.6 as it would love to upgrade you to 2.0.7 again.

I have already reported the 2.0.7 CLI bug, but so far have gotten no response. Sadly CLI broken seems to happen every now and then in a new release - I would very much hope for Topaz Labs to create a few automated tests in that area, so that it works every time.

1 Like

My Ps Plugin File > Automate no longer works right either. I’ve rptd for 2.0.6 & 2.0.7…