Topaz Photo AI v1.3.5

ok. Speaking of sony, my next camera will be the Sony Bridge RX10 IV. But I’m still waiting for him to lower the price. It still costs a little over 1400€ for the lowest price. In the meantime I still have my old Olympus E510 with only 10 megapixel and 3 zoom. The Sony RX 10 has a 25x zoom. That is 24-600 mm. and 20,1 megapixel.
I always shoot in Raw because jpeg is always too compressed with a huge loss of detail. Worse with smartphones. On my Galaxy S7, I can do Raw in DNG format. So after processing in Lightroom classic and finalization with Topaz, I can get very close to the quality of a good reflex.

1 Like

The 2nd image is more blurred. But at least the Red/Cyan fringe is gone. In the first one, it’s sharper but the fringe is also accentuated. It would be nice to also have a button to remove the color fringe like in Photoshop and Lightroom

I am curious to see your YouTube channel

Topaz would make their life easier by stopping to support third party tools like Lightroom and such.

2 Likes

I am in agreement with that, less user issues such as plug-in/standalone or overwriting and less support issues.

Exept Photoshop/Affinity Plugin. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK - a proper plugin/filter.

3 Likes

It’s Photoshop oriented for fine art photography (ie, enhancing the aesthetics of “straight” photography & creating photorealistic composites - not collages). I have various series of broad how to topics there. They’re like college classes; not quickie 1-2 minute tips (but ppl can run playback faster if too slow). Since it’s all volunteer, no pay, I only create 1-2/month.

I haven’t done one on PAI yet. I’m waiting for certain things…

That was the whole reason I started using Topaz products over 12 yrs ago was to make use of them as filters to Ps. Wouldn’t use standalone. But then, I was drawn to all the rich, artistic features of the classic products too.

1 Like

I think there is a new multithreading saving in 1.3.5 which is something I had not noticed it was doing before and not been mentioned in patch notes. On my machine I usually get two writes happening while a third is processing.

At about a <1% failure rate a small image would appear twice overwriting its neighbor in the pipeline. So I suspect this multithreading is not handling the case of some images go faster than others and it needs to sync up the pipe. It seems to be using temp files, so maybe it is naming collisions.

Anyone else doing large batches you need a way to verify the images are correct! Since I upscale with minimal processing, I post process with imagemagick to batch downscale and compare to source images now.

Please continue as Photoshop plug in.

That’s correct. The PS plugin will only ever receive bitmap image data, as that’s all PS works with. If you wish to see how TPAI handles the ARW, you’ll have to use it through standalone or an external editor that doesn’t use the PS plugin - as a rule of thumb, if you can resize the image, then it can open the RAW file (with LrC’s “Edit In” flow the notable exception, as it converts RAWs to TIFFs as well).

1 Like

Thank you, Anthony! I appreciate the explanation.

That’s why I usually test jpg’s or tiffs with Ps for PAI.

I typically start with the Standalone for new releases, and that’s when I try my ARW or ORFs.

1 Like

ok. I’ll go check it out. Thanks

2 Likes

Not bad the tuto on the reflection. on the other hand on the last image, I reproach 3 errors, the first and the lack of droplets a little everywhere on the image to simulate the rain on the lens of the camera. The second error, it misses the shock waves on the water caused by the rain. And the third mistake, the effect of the water on the road is too smooth. And the road is missing a darker wet effect.

1 Like

Thx.

Yes, there could be many more steps, always.

My target audience is advanced beginners to lower end intermediate users (which is why I point everything out vs race through). My goail is to try to get viewers to a level that is very good to most consumers of their work & not run the videos crazy long. Then I create complementary vids that let the viewers build on the initial skills with more advanced Fx. My channel is about 10 months old, so I’m still getting through a lot of ground-laying. I also like to explain context & rationale vs just “do this or that” so the viewers can improvise for their work…

Someday I’ll get to 3rd party plugins. I’ve been working on Blur now. :blush: :desktop_computer:

The RAW Remove Noise option is a real disaster on many images. Look what it did here. Turned off on the top, turned on below:

1 Like

Hoping there is a simple fix for this!

All of my Topaz products are asking to activate repeatedly, even though I own them all until 2024. The web browser recognizes my login, but the products don’t. I’m on a Mac.

This started recently.

It might be something the devs need to address for Macs… but did you also chk with Spt to see if they can help you?

Good god, it looks like she was clawed by a werewolf!!!

2 Likes