Topaz Photo AI v1.3.5

That’s correct because Ps never gets to see your raw file.

No, it’s still a raw file in ACR - but it gets converted to a pixel file when it’s passed from there to Ps. The same applies when passed from LrC to Ps.

Not very often these days. All the Topaz apps that initially drew me in are now officially dead, and I have little to no use for those that are left. I just check in now and then in case I miss something.

6 Likes

Have to agree with you Paul … I have no idea what direction they are taking now and it seems strange they don’t listen to their customers.

7 Likes

Suggestions from beta testers and others are pearls before swine. That’s why I’ve been an ex beta tester for some time.

1 Like

Thx for the replies! I miss the classic products too!

I used them multi times daily. And, was heartbroken when 4 of them wouldn’t re-install on the PC I got last summer…

BTW, I still use different Ps features I learned from you over the years (like CTRL + L/M to make adjustments to masks…).

1 Like

There was a bug in 1.3.4 that caused the app to not remember auth credentials very well, but it was fixed in 1.3.5. If you log in once more, the issue should be resolved now.

1 Like

Thank you, seems to work now!

Oh okay, I see. Anyway, it’s always useful to have tutorials for those who are starting out. :wink:

1 Like

I must admit I am starting to wilt at how long this has been in development. I hate being negative, but I do wonder if we are ever going to reach a stage where we can say it is a finished project. On one hand I admire the idea/s behind the development of this software, but I am concerned that the ethos of the dev team may be a bit skewed as there does not seem to be a definitive end goal as to what this software is aiming to be.
It is apparent that this week by week release of updates is perhaps too piecemeal in approach, and this is perhaps why one or two problems are solved but other problems introduced at the same stage.

I think that maybe there needs to be a re consideration of where we are going with this, especially as it would appear that updates on the other programs seem to have stopped.

I do hope that we get to a positive end result to justify all the work done thus far.

1 Like

I think there is no endgoal with A.I. as it does evolve weekly, monthly.

And because of this you try, train, fail and repeat until you are happy with your step.

Then algorythm do evolve and you start again.

And every vendor does play its own A.I. game and does not sleep too.

The Quality between people that do use A.I. software is by far more advanced.

With the new cameras and software (both with build in A.I. here and there) i’m able to care more about my endresult.

This means that for our customers I can create images under circumstances they could never think about.

I don’t have to concentrate so much on operating the camera and can pay more attention to the composition of the picture or the people.

This also keeps us photographers alive because it allows us to stand out.

Many photographers still work as they did in 2010.

Lightroom, masks, dodge and burn, worrying about ISO, not reading the camera manual, presets, spending one hour on a Single image.

This is of course complicated compared to a smartphone, no wonder that people claim that smartphones will kill photography if you don’t educate yourself.

1 Like

You can test your speed using Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test . Usually the speed will be below the rated speed. For example, my rated download speed with Xfinity is 500 Mb/s but the test shows 268 Mb/s down and 12 Mb/s up over my WiFi. My computer is 24 ft. from my router.

Doing the test wil tell you if there is a network problem or the Topaz servers are overloaded (Topaz slow but speet test ok). Downloading and installing a PAI update I get speeds up to 32 MB/s. 32MB/s equates to about 256 Mb/s.

1 Like

Thx! We actually use that on a regular basis to test - since one of us regularly does video mtgs. I appreciate you sharing the suggestion!!! The very sloooowww PAI downloads have been intermittent (not with every rel.). So I report in case something got “messed” up. But good idea to run the test at the time it occurs too…

BTW, I’m guessing that our LAN might become a bottleneck (& throttle back) to the full 300 Mbps that we’re paying for from ATT. But as time goes by, I’m less up on how the WiFi, etc. work than when I (literally) wrote the book (& articles) on some of that network & datacom ops for small-medium businesses close to 20 years ago. https://www.amazon.com/Power-Your-Small-Medium-Business-Technologies/dp/1587051354/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=power+up+your+small-medium+business&qid=1684950629&sr=8-1

1 Like

Hi!

If you’re one of the first few people to be downloading the models in your general location, seeing slower downloads for some of the files isn’t entirely unexpected.

Our CDN has servers across many geographic locations, so that you can usually download from somewhere close to you. However, if you’re one of the first downloaders it’s possible you’re getting the file from a different location, closer to our backend, that may have a slower route to you.

1 Like

That is a slow connection, WiFi connection out in the country in Thailand on 3BB:

You wouldn’t happen to have a guest house on the property would you …

2 Likes

Not sure what 3BB means. I could get a faster connection if I pay more but it maxes out at 1.2 Gb/s.
BTW, any connection that lets you watch 4K HD movies with no issues is not slow.

I agree that the bar should be color-coded (to either the On or Off color, depending where it’s locked), with the lock icon a bit more noticeable (maybe a yellow color?). If not the same shade of blue, possible a bit lighter or darker, to indicate it’s “locked” but still enabled or disabled

The fact that this “locked” setting can still be turned off by setting the enhanced resolution to 1x also makes me feel that the toggle should be Unlocked, where turning it “off” would just set it to 1x.

1 Like

Sorry, 3BB is one of the fiber providers in Thailand. Streaming 4K is not an issue. :grin:

The monthly cost for this connection is USD20 per month.

1 Like

Here is my 2 cents:

I installed every single update of PAI, starting from v0.5, using top of the Forum page “Download” link.

Download time of .pkg file - 2 sec

Average Installation time - 20-30 sec, and PAI v1.3.5 double that time at 55 sec.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.01.00 PM

Yesterday I started using PS Beta and the Topaz Photo AI plugin does not show up in PS Beta. It shows up in regular PS. DeNoise and Sharpen do show up in the Beta. I would like for Photo AI to show up in PS Beta. Thank you.

Today ist nice to write AI on every program.

Here the “AI” is destroying the picture!

I guess you want to have my money now. You will not give me a licence and I can pay it if I earnded the money.

Now think about, if you tell the people, the AI still need to be trained.

For all the others: A good picture can be handled by Photoshop. An additional program what I have to buy for money, needs to better than Photoshop and so I use crop photos to test for it.

Regards from Richard Manfred