Topaz Photo AI v1.2.1

Hi. A couple of things I notice with .dng files returned from Lightroom Classic plugin:

• The date/time in the returned file reverts to the actual date/time set in the camera. In my case, I used Lightroom to change the time as photos were shot in a different time zone. Please reflect the date/time as shown in Lightroom, as this creates additional work for me to once again update the date/time.
  • The Process Version in the returned file is not the same as the Process Version in the file sent to Photo AI. It returns Process Version 1.

Thanks.

When I use Photo AI to process a Canon CR3 file to DNG the resulting DNG cannot be opened by Photoshop or Adobe DNG Converter. Example file: Dropbox - 2023-02-12 10.33.36 Den BlƄ Planet [2179].CR3 - Simplify your life

When saving from a RAW or a JPG to any other format, inculding JPG, all EXIF date disappears.

The February roadmap has this line:

• New Remove Noise model for non-raw images that will improve slider responsiveness, better preserve textures, and offer adjustible sharpening.

One of the things that I reported in a bug report to Topaz months ago. Need to be able to totally turn off sharpening in Remove Noise. It will sharpen background, intentionally out of focus grass, leaves and make them look horrible. And you cannot turn off the Remove Noise sharpening.

4 Likes

Same with unwelcome removal of grain in apps like Gigapixel, PAI and Sharpen AI, when the remove noise sliders are at minimum or turned off.

1 Like

Yes. I like the program. Still need to learn how it works and get more familiar. I only use with JPEGs right now; donā€™t use Lightroom, Photoshop or any of that other stuff. Thanks for all the good responses. Much appreciated!

The program is working better and better, though still has its quirks. Sharpen also seems to do some face recovery. As I slid the before/after bar over a face, the eyes went from normal/original to more open, giving the face a different expression. My guess is thereā€™s overlap between the different functions and I have to agree that when I want to reduce noise, thatā€™s all I want to do. Same with sharpen.

4 Likes

The App not support Extensions of JFIF Images , Hope support it soon.
Thanks Topaz Team.

How do I save my settings for Photo A1 v1.2.1? I can use saved settings when I use Topaz Denoise and Topaz Sharpen programs separately, but any changes I make manually for Topaz Photo do not stay when I close it out. Thanks in advance!

I have a nice reliable bug in my copy of Topaz AI v1.2.0 and .1 - I crop an image save it fine, but the next time I use crop against a new image and Topaz crashes and I have to restart. Itā€™s worth it for the wonderful if sometimes artificial results but it does slow me down a bit. Iā€™d also suggest some sort of user voice where yo can share what you are working on - just an idea

I cannot reproduce this with the image given. I tested on a Mac which tends to have better support for file names in different languages, so my guess is maybe youā€™re on Windows. If you are, try removing the ā€œĆ„ā€ from the file name and other similar characters from any folders it may be in and see if it works. If it does, then itā€™s a known issue with non-ASCII characters breaking the exifdata handler on Windows.

1 Like

Do you have an example file? We may already support it but Iā€™m not familiar with that extension. If our libraries do support it itā€™s just a matter of adding it to the list of accepted extensions.

I have a problem with the current version that I havenā€™t noticed before.
When I transfer the photo from LR via the Direct Plugin to Photo AI 1.2.1 and then return the photo to LR as DNG after editing in Photo AI (denoising and sharpening), I suddenly have light green color spots in very bright areas of the photo.
However, I only have this phenomenon when I pass the photos to Photo AI via the Direct plugin. With a TIFF or JPG via ā€œEdit inā€ I do not have these light green color spots.
Photo AI 1.2.1 / Win 11
Examples:

1 Like

Sigh, I was hoping that ratings applied to the RAW files sent to Topaz would come back with the same ratings as the original. But they donā€™t. This means I have to go hunting for them when Topaz gets done with them.

Could you please add this feature?

1 Like

I need this feature too. Honestly, I signed in to the forum in order to request this feature :smiley:

Iā€™m not certain I could add it this week, but I do notice that it looks like LR stores that information in the XMP data which means we should be able to copy it. I will put it on the board and take a look when I have time.

3 Likes

Sure this has been asked before, but do you think it would be possible to develop a feature where different Upscaler types handle different parts of the image? Because each of them handle different surfaces/textures better.

Maybe like a paint mask system or just a manual area selection for which upscaler you want to handle what.

When I select multiple photos in say, alphabetical order, and drag them into the Photo AI window, why does they get added to the queue in reverse order?

Is there some option to change this back? Gigapixel adds the photos in the right order.

Topaz should develop and train a Desharp/Dehalo photo model too.

Would not only be useful to smooth out some over the top results from the other AI models but also to recover real photos that have been oversharpened by some digital editing.

1 Like

Using AI 1ā€¦2.1 on a Mac Pro M2. When I select Raw remove Noise, Sharpen, and Enhance Resolution I have it save it to Lightroom classic (all updated to most current release) the background gets a grid like graph paper. I can send both the raw and the DNG files and you can see no grid in the background (very noticeable in sky) if you need to see this. But it should be put on your list for testing.