Topaz Photo AI v1.1.8

Photo AI does not seem to respect the crop I perform in Capture One. It also does not allow me to crop within Photo AI

Are you sending a RAW file or using Edit to send a TIFF, PNG or JPEG?

If you are sending the original RAW image it won’t know what adjustments you have applied.

I am sending RAW file that has been cropped, using “process with” as previously directed.

I am sending RAW file that has been cropped, using “process with” as previously directed.

Hi! Sorry to hear about the crash. Can you please send me your log files from 1.1.8 Help > Open Log Folder?

Hi Biron - If you can send me an example of this, it’d be very much appreciated. Please let me know if you’ve sent me something through: Dropbox. Thank you.

Hi - can you please send me some of the original images where their processed DNGs don’t have some of the metadata like lens information? Please let me know if you’ve sent me something through: Dropbox. Thank you.

Hi Ulrich - I see you sent into our Dropbox some CR2 & CR3 files in the past. Are those the samples that are having that issue? Thank you.

Hi - if possible, please send me the image through Dropbox. Thank you!

Archive.zip (997.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi, meanwhile I raised a Ticket and asked for a Dropbox Link to send the resulting DNG as well. Or should I use the link at the top of this thread?
Regards, Ulrich

Hi - you can just use the link at the top of this thread. Thank you!

Hi! I’d appreciate it if you can send me an installer log file by doing the following:

1. Open Terminal on your Mac
  2. Type in (you can copy and paste it): grep -n “install-psplugin” /var/log/install.log > ~/Desktop/topaz-support-installer.log
  3. Press Enter
  4. Go to your Desktop
  5. Upload “topaz-support-installer.log”

I use the new upscaling models in Gigapixel AI 6.3.2. Has anyone compared the quality of upscaling between GAI 6.3.2 and PAI?

Downloaded the Windows file and installed over the older version without any problem. The activation is new but went ok. v1.1.8 works well but I see that there is still no rotation in the crop tool. The all in one PAI is shaping up nicely.

I don’t believe that other applications can read a local crop applied to a RAW image in Capture One as they are held in either a catalog or session.

You will need to use Edit with, rather than Open with, sending a file with the Capture One adjustments applied.

Through V1.1.8, an A/B comparison of a DNG input file, and JPEG output file (95% quality) shows a definite loss of contrast. I’ve seen this in earlier versions of Photo AI, too.

The DNG is generated by PhotoLab6 (now V6.2.0, but the difference is also seen when using earlier versions of PL6).

Is there a way to u/l the DNG as well as the JPG?

The DNG and JPG are being viewed with either PL6 or Irfan 64 V4.53.

The problem isn’t limited to Photo AI

The left side of the image is a PL6 DNG file, the right side is a Sharpen JPG file. The montage was created with GIMP 2.10.

The shadows in the cactus, in particular, show a loss of contrast, while the overall bokeh field is darker.

Digging further, I was very disappointed by the histograms for the Sharpen output:
2023-01-23 19_07_25-DxO PhotoLab 6.2

compared to the DNG input:
2023-01-23 19_08_10-DxO PhotoLab 6.2

Sharpen compressed the dynamic range far beyond what makes any sense to me.

2 Likes

Appreciate you guys added the custom scale multiplier. <3