Topaz Photo AI v1.1.3

I know for a fact that Affinity was not running during any updates, but still worth trying your suggestion… and it worked.

What seems to have happened is that the Photo AI installer may have changed its installation path for the 8bf at some point and is ending up with the plugin installed twice to Affinity Photo, once in “\plugins*.8bf” and a second copy in “\plugins\Topaz*.8bf”, one of which is presumably out of date but getting loaded first.

The copy in “\plugins\Topaz*” is the obsolete one.

1 Like

I reran the photo installer and it went into a repair mode and fixed it.

1 Like

Crashes when I try to use from PaintShopPro 2022 v 24.0.1.27 x64. Instant crash with “access violation” for PhotoAI version 1.1.3.
Versions up until now have worked fine. Running standalone works fine.
Thank you!

Is there a simple way to uninstall all components of Photo AI beta? @yazi.saradest

I asked previously, but don’t remember seeing an answer.

I ran the uninstall (Win 11) a while ago. Before installing production vers. But a listing for PAI beta still appears in my Ps 2023 & Ps 2022 Filter list. Uninstall left detritus, didn’t remove that (& maybe other…).

Thx. Merry Xmas.

Since version 1.10, Lens blur and motion blur sharpen have become very slow and time consuming. Is this normal? I’m on w10 64 bits, nvidia 1070 8 gig + 32 gig ram.
Best regards,
Jos

Quite wrong PS CS6 has been supported by every version of this app , up to the point of 1.1.3 where it is unusable !

I get this message when trying to use with Corel Paintshop Pro 2023 after the upgrade. “Plugin caused an access violation.”

1 Like

Confirming same error in Paintshop Pro 2023 on Win10x64. Latest version of PSP and Photo AI.

More buggy preview behaviour in this version: in split preview, the image to the left of the slider sometimes shows the ‘after’ version of the image before the slider is even moved to reveal it!

1 Like

The previous version of Photo AI worked well as a plug in on Paint Shop Pro 2023 using Windows 10.
The latest update now gives an error message when PaintShop Pro tries to open it.
The message is “plugin caused an access violation”.
Sharpen AI and Denoise AI work fine as plug ins.

1 Like

Something that I’d like to see in a future version is in-program cropping, like Gigapixel has. That would make it a lot easier to get your images the size you want, all in one shot.

1 Like

FYI here is a support article:

I’m growing more and more frustrated with this product with each and every update :angry: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

TL;DR: The “recommended” method for Lightroom (File > Plugin Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI) messes up everything…

I’ve selected 3 samples to demonstrate the outcome using different options:

1. _MG_7821.dng - Overwrite Selected and Import Settings from Disk, no edits done to the photo in LrC before sending it to PAI
  2. _MG_7822.dng - Create a Copy, no edits done to the photo in LrC before sending it to PAI
  3. _MG_7823.dng - Overwrite Selected and Overwrite Settings, edits were done to the photo in LrC before sending it to PAI

The issues I’m encountering as follow:

1. Resolution discrepancies - I’m converting all my (Canon) raw files to DNG (“Copy as DNG”) upon import.
    1a. Exiftool shows 6000x4000 resolution for both the original CR2 and converted DNG
    _MG_7821_CR2_EXIF.txt (14.1 KB)
    _MG_7821_DNG_EXIF.txt (25.3 KB)
    1b. File Properties in Windows for the CR2 file shows the resolution as 6024x4020
    CR2_resolution_Windows
    1c. When I open the file in PAI, the resolution is now showing as 6024x4022

1d. After saving the image in PAI, LrC is also showing the resolution as 6024x4022
    LrC_resolution_after_update

2. Metadata issues
    2a. after saving the original image, I get a Metadata Conflict message in LrC
    LrC_Metadata_Conflict
    2b. Selecting Import Settings from Disk results in the Capture date and time being updated to the timestamp of the PAI processsing
    LrC_capture_time_after_update
    2c. selecting Overwrite Settings results in the Capture Date going back to the correct timestamp but the resolution still being 6024x4022 LrC_capture_time_overwrite

3. Color Profile issues
    3a. the PAI-processed photos have different colors compared to the originals:
    LrC_color_shift
    LrC_original_vs_PAI_copy
    3b. in some cases the colors are different in the Develop vs. the Library module

3c. in some cases LrC is saying that the camera color profile is missing after the PAI processing
    Camera_profile_missing
    3d. the exported image has the wrong color profile

4. Issues if the image is sent to PAI after edits made in LrC:
    4a. the same issues with the Resolution, Metadata and Color Profile as described above can be observed
    4b. there is a shift of the masks in the Library module vs. what’s shown in Develop
    LrC_masking_shift_develop

1 Like

You’re absolutely right about the brush. That thing is just annoying. A simple brush without AI would be more efficient. It often doesn’t need absolutely accurate masking. But the AI brush is garbage. Too many wrong pixels at the border areas are not picked up or it goes way beyond that.

Please Topaz, implement a normal brush whose size I can adjust and most importantly WITHOUT AI.

6 Likes

It seems you like to tell , afraid here you are quite wrong ! I have used Photoshop with Top0az Photo AI since its first beta and I use CS6 all the time. Everything has worked save the plugin resize which does not , nor has ever connected. Just FYI I have used Photoshop professionally since version 2 , taught students to use it in college , and don’t require support with it. Should Topaz have decided to abandon CS6 , then they are foolish, as their standalone is inadequate as a RAW converter, and the Plugin is its only saving. I have noticved your desire to force your opinions in this forum and would ask that you stick it back in neutral as your rather bullish posts do little to improve the experience here with Topaz.

3 Likes

Good to see the filename bug finally being resolved.
However the bug with sliders having no effect still persists.
When Noise Reduction is set to strong or normal, no matter where the strength slider is positioned, the noise reduction will not change.
The same goes mostly for the detail slider as well.

1 Like

I’m not forcing my opinion, I am letting you know what Topaz Labs official position is.

I also use CS6 occasionally but have switched to Affinity Photo because of the cameras I use. And I agree with you that the RAW conversion in Topaz products is not up to scratch.

1 Like
  1. Issue with HDR images created from drone footage
    5a. I’ve done some AEB shots with my DJI Mini 3 Pro, which I’ve merged into an HDR image
    5b. Trying to edit the HDR image in PAI I’m getting the following message:
    PAI_DJI_HDR_Issue
    5c. Normal, non-HDR images from the drone are also impacted by all the other issues I’ve mentioned in my previous post

I am having the same experience. Win 11 - mostly working with the PAI plugin in Ps 2023 (I rarely ever use the standalone in my typical workflow…).

At 1st I thought that my images weren’t sharpening.

But after seeing your post I’m looking more closely and, it’s true, it seems like the Before view (when the vertical slider is pulled to the right in Split View) is much better than the After view (with the slider pulled to the far left). So, either the processed look is in the wrong place or PAI is making my images all blurrier (which has happened in some of the past releases…). Can the devs pls chk.

Something seems to have gotten messed up with the Sharpening & Previews that wasn’t so in the last release.

Plus, A.P. isn’t ever turning on Sharpening anymore for any of the images I’ve run and I know for a fact they need some sharpening.

2 Likes

What application are you using to merge to HDR? If they are floating point DNGs, such as from LR, they are not supported.