Topaz Photo AI v1.1.2

I have the same problem (iMac M1/Ventura - TPAI used as stand alone).
Regarding the long bug list at the moment TPAI gets a clear no-buy recommendation.

due probably to Filename lenghts.

In v 1.1.2, after saving an image, ā€œFile > Close Imageā€ does not work. This is also true with ā€œā€¦ > Closeā€ from the bottom left corner. The workaround is to use ā€œClose All Imagesā€ although this choice always shows a dialog about unsaved changes being discarded even though the save already happened.

Every ā€œCloseā€ function does work prior to saving.

M1 Max MacBook Pro (2021), macOS 12.5.1, opening using Rosetta.

Happening to me too, but so far only on some photos. Using as stand-alone on Windows 10 machine. Will give error log/ machine spec when I have investigated further to see if I can see what type of images it has taken a dislike to. Early impressions are that it crashes as soon as I try to refine the subject on older jpgs scanned from 35mm slides. Has been happier with newer digital photos although not really sure it can tell the difference between older and newer!

Does the new version change the colours? Yellow changes to orange and the final image is reddish !!! I have tried with several images and the result is always the sameā€¦

I tried it with three different images (tif). And indeed: when I shorten the file name it works and TPAI does not crash when using the refine-brush. Should I now change the file name of all my images? I donā€™ t think so, but I hope Topaz has an idea to solve this issue.

3 Likes

One big improvement Iā€™d like to see is reduced file-sizes when saving, especially with PNGs. Exported files can be over 20MBs and in some cases over 50MBs when thereā€™s no reason for them to be this big.

These large sizes force me to import them into Photoshop and re-save them which reduces the file size dramatically with zero perceptible loss in quality or fidelity. I even think I have Photoshop set to save PNGs at 100% quality.

1 Like

Two things that are needed that I see,
An option to create .jpg files in addition to the already .jepg
From the installer, take out the ā€œremoving shortcutsā€. Some people may have custom shortcuts on the Taskbar, Start Menu or Desktop.

Application crashes since 1.1.1 when refining the subject by adding or subtracting selection using any mode (large to tine) This used to work in v1.1.0 I am reverting back again as this is an integral part of my workflow to make sure the subject selection is 100% correct.

I reverted back to v1.1.0 and brush is working. Topaz labs need to fix urgently.

Getting weird colors from Olympus OM-1 files. They are way out. Mostly very strong green cast over the whole picture. Happened after uppgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. No matter if I use it as stand alone or as a plugin extra with Adobe LightRoom Classic. Only when using as ā€œedit inā€ in Lightroom(tiff) itā€™s (nearly)ok, but the over all quality is of course worse then. Same on two Macā€™s with MacOS Monterey 12.6.1. Where can I get the version 1.1.1 ? 1.1.2 is useless for me. Files from older bodies seem to be ok so this definately seems to be a bug.

Masking still isnā€™t working correctly. 1.1.2 still applies sharpening to areas outside of what is masked. Iā€™ve included an image. The most obvious is the area at the top of the tire where there is a line formed from a cut. Also included a screenshot of the mask. None of the outside area of the tire or wheel are selected yet sharpening and denoise are still being applied.

Is it just me, or does Gigapixel produce obviously better results in regard to upscaling?

@adam.mains
@anthony.lawn

I donā€™t know why it still doesnā€™t have color management, GP, DN and TVAI do.

How can you work with it if you canā€™t evaluate the images properly?

Here on the website its not that bad but with me the lake and the land behind it is cyan, but full throttle.

Hi,

IĀ“m having some issues with 2 options in Windows version.

1- The ā€œRecover Facesā€ option, it applies a very noticeable square shaped red shift to the faces. Most noticeable in b&w and low saturated photos.

An example:

2- ā€œRaw Remove Noiseā€ option change the colors too. More in warm ones.

Another example:

Tried reinstalling and again appears, so i think its some kind of bug maybe?

Photo Aiā€™s noise reduction removes all texture detail from the blazer, whereas Denoise Ai retains this texture detail. It is as though Photo AI is treating the texture as noise and removing it.

5 Likes

Hi - is this consistently happening to you? Itā€™d be great if you can send me the log file from the same timestamp of the crash session from Help > Open Log Folder. Thank you!

Hi John - does the crash happen as soon as you click Refine or after entering the refine mode? Can you please send me your log file from the same timestamp of the crash from Help > Open Folder? Thank you.

Hi Tony - if you could send me the log file from a crash session from Help > Open Log Folder, and one or two of those older scanned JPEGs through: Dropbox. Thank you!

Hi - if you can also send me your log file from the same timestamp of the crash session from Help > Open Log Folder, thatā€™d be very much appreciated. Thank you.