Topaz Photo AI v1.1.0

I was offered a free update under my plan, and my account shows the new version as owned. But the updated version demands money or to run as a trial, and trying to activate fails. I went back to the original version (I still had the install file), but this refuses to authenticate the license. So now I have no software at all … I cannot see a route out of this, either, so somewhere there is a bug.

Same problem here. My account shows the new version as owned, too, but I need to activate it (how?).

I was pleased to see how Photo AI (1.1) removed noise and changed my .ARW to a 2x DNG.
I had to suppress a “wow” in order to keep my critical attitude intact when the first result showed up.
Then strange things reappeared on the con side:
“ARW → DNG, 7968 x 5320 → 15936 x 10640, 85,7 Mb → about 893 Mb” (more than 10 times larger !!! - and actually 965,49 Mb - only slightly smaller than 1 Gb).
It makes no difference if I choose TIFF.
I temporarily work on a newer Win laptop, so the processing time is GIGA (at least it comes through), but I guess the resulting file size is independent of that, and that’s what worries me.
I can’t help mentioning the much smaller file sizes coming out of the DxO DeepPrime denoiser, and much faster (compared without upsizing of course).
The positive part is that this upsizing and noise reduction is an image saver, and that is fantastic.
Best,
Eigil Skovgaard

problem solved!

@anthony.lawn

I f don’t get why i don’t have any colormanagement in PHAI?!?!

Any idea?, GP, DN & Sharpen have CM!!!

Hi trekmad, I downloaded the zip file & put the new json file in the models directory having first saved the old file as .sav. The attached screenshot shows that there are a number of extra lines in the old json file now named face-refine.sav. Using photo AI with the new json file appears to correct faces ok. I don’t know if this helps.

Same issue here, works as “Edit in” in Lightroom but opening it in photoshop makes it crash…I’m opening photoshop via rosetta so I have access to all the legacy software

What is with this block mask brush behavior?? Now I can choose how fine I want the block brush to be. Tiny…fewer blocks that don’t allow me to paint over the subject I’m refining from the autopilot missing. I have an eagle on a clear blue sky background…how hard could this be? Off to Neo, or back to Mask AI.

And the scrolling only in the navigation pane???

If you want Topaz Photo AI to be the replacement for the standalone bundle we all purchased and use, then put those tools in Photo AI…am I missing something here?

YIKES!

This version takes a blue clear sky with a lonely eagle in the scene from 11.3MB to 89.4MB after 20% denoise (ONLY) applied and saves. TIFF in, TIFF out.

Time to get 1.2.0 out to fix the enormous file size results

1 Like

After upgrading from 1.10 to 1.1.0 the black screen is back after installation.
Reinstall 1.0.10 – app works perfectly.

Any ideas?

After the last update, the registered and activated application does not work offline. The activation window pops up. Thus it is absolutely useless.

Can I ask how?

Did you brighten the PAI output in another app/program?

Did you get a msg box in that activation window?

I’ve gotten those before.

If I click on it, it takes me to my Topaz acct page & automatically activates me when it sees I own the product.

The version TPAI 1.1.0 does not work correctly.

When I start the application as stand-alone, I get a black screen. Only after 10 seconds the upper settings bar is displayed to me. Nevertheless, it takes another 10 seconds until I can do anything at all.
The application starts in full screen mode. When I want to leave this mode by pressing the yellow button, the application freezes completely. Nothing works anymore. Now I can only quit the application via Apple’s activity monitor. After that, the same game starts all over again.

If I start the application via the plugin in Affinity Photo or drag an image directly onto the application icon, it opens normally and is immediately usable.

Standalone Windows 11

RAW remove noise is smoothing too many details

Here comparison RAW remove noise autopilot value and DXO DeepPRIME XD
even lowering to the minimum the strenght doesn’t allow to recover the details
and compare TOPAZ RAW to TOPAZ on TIF without previous denoise where there is much more details
left DXO DeepPRIME XD right Topaz RAW

left TOPAZ RAW right TIF

1 Like

I too am having issues with the standalone. When I open v1.1.0 it takes several seconds for the menu bar to appear. It takes another several seconds to be able to summon a folder when clicking on Browse Images. The app always opens in full screen mode and if I click on the green button to revert to normal mode it freezes completely and I have to force quit.
I am on a Mac mini M1, 16GB RAM, OS Ventura.
2022-12-03-11-31-47.tzlog.zip (2.8 KB)

same issue.
Capture d'écran 2022-12-03 19.35.47

Hi Geoff… I’ve tried the json file provided by Yuan Liang with version 1.1.0 but the result is the same…no face recovery. When I compared the 1.0.5. version against the 1.1.0. version of face-refine.json I noticed the extra lines at the end of the file too, but neither version of the json file had any effect on face recovery when used in the latest version of PAI. So, for now, until a solution is found, I’m sticking with Version 1.0.5. Thanks for your time. :+1:

If, IF you could make an add to landscape - Landscape with Sky. I do landscapes both day and Asto Milky Way at night. For me and maybe others sky is part of the landscape. Today I had to select landscape on an image that had sky, ocean and beach and only ocean was selected. Using the add brush takes extra time. Look I know a lot of photographers will take a image in the woods/forest with no sky and call it a landscape!
So I have been using all your programs in the individual order that Photo AI is. I like the Photo AI for the one stop complete edit with selections to add or subtract selections amounts.
Others will never catch Topaz, you have made Denoise AI the lead horse BZ!!! And Photo AI a never match by others, WHY you use feedback!!!