Topaz Photo AI v1.0.0

Brand new video.

Topaz Photo AI Noise and Sharpening

1 Like

Can you mention your system specs - even though you say you have plenty of memory & CPU? I assume you checked the tech rqmts.

Also, sounds like you can launch the interface but just not open images. If so, can you go to the Help mention in the PAI interface, copy the Logs (there’s a place in the help menu to do so) and send them to Tech Spt to diagnose? You may need to either zip them and/or swap the dot extension to “.txt” to be able to send. Good luck!

It was be incredibly useful (to me :laughing: ) if you provide a preference pane that allows the user to select the modules (Remove Noise, Sharpen, Recover Faces, Enhance Resolution) run by Autopilot.

Same here.
Keeps putting it on my G:\ drive which is external & has nothing to do with where Photo Ai is installed (C:)…you can delete it but the msi installer will just put it back when you fire up the app again.

It’s a side effect of not compiling an .exe windows keeps a stripped down version of the .msi in C:\Windows\Installer & will hash check it against the app every time it’s opened & “fix” anything it thinks is missing.

2022: AI reveals the true face of Jesus :rofl:

Face refinement algorythm seems to be as broken as in Gigapixel 6.2 - I try to enhance some very low quality images and the faces are enhanced only partially.

Downloaded and installed today. My computer is a Dell XPS13 running Windows 11. The first thing I have noted is that when an image is loaded, the program takes over the whole screen and the task bar is no longer visible. If you minimize the window, it goes to the task bar. However, if you try to restore the window, it will not come back. At this point, all you can do is close the program.

Is a goal of Photo AI to always use the main functions of Sharpen, DeNoise, and Gigapixel in concert, so that instead of having OK noise reduction in Sharpen and OK sharpening in DeNoise, we’re combining the primary AI of both and skipping the “OK” parts?

I’ve only fiddled with a couple images so far, but it does seem like reducing noise leaves the sharpness alone. Not so sure about the reverse.

I generally only use just one or the other on an image (depending on which one looks best) to avoid redundant noise reduction and sharpening, so eliminating the overlap is a great idea.

I hope Gigapixel will continue as a standalone app, since its use cases can differ from the others. Sometimes I use it as an alternative to Sharpen and DeNoise — enlarging the image and then scaling it back down to the original resolution in Photoshop can clean things up to a more subtle degree.

I had problems at first getting used to product and using it. I watched a couple of videos on YouTube that gave me the hang of it. I think you should have some tutorials for testers, at least the basic how to.

Maybe for you and not the majority, unnecessary comments especially as you don’t say you have the same issue as the poster.

I have been having issues with all DNG raw files taken with my iPhone 12 Pro Max being darkened when processed with AI. And without any sliders for exposure, the only fix is to process them in photoshop and save them out as a different file type, which fixes the issue. The attached photo shows the original photo and the AI-processed one.

1 Like

You need to raise a support request at the main website as the .MSI installer is notified that C1 is installed there.

If you wish to alter MSI install locations you first need to uninstall and then delete the registry entries for Photo AI.

There is a reply further down, see this link.

Whoa! So far, so impressed. It’s like back in the day, when a Topaz release never failed to amaze. Yeah, I gotta bail now and then and go solo with DeNoise, or Sharpen or Gigapixel, but they always have a steady product update regime, and that’s fun, too. Good job, Topaz Labs!

Are your graphics drivers up to date? Maybe change processor settings.

My CPU does not support AVX2 (Xeon E5-2680 v1) so I get a “Error Loading Model Files” even though I am using a RTX 3080 Ti as the AI processor.

I hope they will not come up with mandatory AVX2 support in the other applications anytime soon…

With a high-es image, Photo AI and GAI can do wonders with faces without appearing to resort to trickery. Without the necessary data, it must resort to what I call “Mr. Potato Head”…

I wonder whether some line must be drawn at some point where the software should not even attempt recovery if that’s going to happen.

1 Like

It does not seem to work correctly. When I try to operate it, it falls down.
I guess I should wait for an upgrade…

Crashed Thread: 39 Thread (pooled)

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007fb4e04aea0e
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [36321]

VM Regions Near 0x7fb4e04aea0e:
MALLOC_LARGE_REUSABLE 7fb2e1000000-7fb2e3012000 [ 32.1M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV

STACK GUARD 7ffeea587000-7ffeedd87000 [ 56.0M] —/rwx SM=NUL stack guard for thread 0

You should raise a support request at the main website as that is a memory access crash. Make sure you provide the environment that you are operating including the OS. The basic technical requirements are listed on this forum and you should remember Beta OSs are not supported.

That’s an interesting suggestion.

Now, the program says something like ‘low res face recovered’. Sounds like you’d like PAI to add a gentle letdown msg from the Autopilot that says, “Sorry, but face(s) are unrecoverable” as another option. (With or without the disclaimer - “Unless you’d like a Mr/Ms Potato Head” …).

I’m just back from SF, so will check it out, Anthony. Thx for the pointer.

But I could have sworn Adobe RGB, LZW, 16-bit was a Save option in the Standalone versions of the individual products … because I used it. I hope I didn’t imagine it. I’ll view what you suggested to figure out if the integrated offering creates a different context!

I’ll also have to see if - when using the PAI Ps 2022 Plugin - & I’m working with a 16-bit image whether the plugin returns an 8-bit to the Ps layer. If so I’d have to adjust before other processing or saving.

Will a 16-bit ZIP option be added? :wink:

Take care! Have a great weekend.