Topaz Photo AI v1.0.8

NO!
Actually the images was returned with a BLACK filter mask (not transparent as in the image).
I didn’t observe that right away. When I filled with white, the image was rendered as in Photo AI.
A bug or a hick-up? I don’t know.
I am adding DxDiag.
DxDiag.txt (95.1 KB)

I have this issue also

Autopilot Settings:

when using Photo AI from Photoshop as a Smart Filter, upon saving, it would be important to save as “non-auto” settings.
…then, when re-editing Photo AI as a “Smart Filter”, the saved settings would not be reset to “Autopilot Settings”

1 Like

Hello,
I suggest you an area of ​​improvement for your European audience.
Many countries of our “old world” use accents in their spelling. Example: you write “december” and in France we write “décembre”. There may be plenty of examples like this in our file paths and your software can’t read them. When you want to switch automatically from LR or DXO to PAI, it doesn’t work if there is an accent in the path. We are therefore forced to make many corrections, which is a shame. Could you do something to solve this?
Sorry for the bad “google” translation but I think it’s still understandable! :wink:

Good to know, Serge.

I’ll have to remember to do my photo processing before dejeuner … especially if masking is involved!

As a Beta tester I hope you don’t forget to clean your table after your " déjeuner"…crumbs don’t mix with accents!

1 Like

Just downloaded and installed Topaz Photo AI v1.0.8 and I am getting the following error when I try and open it:

Failed to initialize graphics backend for Vulkan

I have Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with the latest 522.3 driver.

The previous version of Topaz Photo AI I had was version 1.0 which worked fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to sort this?

1 Like

I couldn’t figure out how to get the accent mark on my keyboard! :grinning: My high school French teacher (and ancestors on my father’s side) would have been disappointed…

Il n’empêche que si on pouvait résoudre ce problème d’accents ce serait un net progrès pour les utilisateurs européens !
De quelle région de France venaient tes ancêtres paternels ?

Alsace. I’ve only ever visited Paris (& surrounding cities) & Deauville. All of which I enjoyed. It took a lot of concentration and energy to translate English to French (and vice versa) in my head! But the people were nice and the sights (and food & shopping) wonderful.

What types of photography or images are you processing in PAI?

Alsace is a very beautiful region. If one day you come back to France, don’t hesitate to come to the Alps. I live on the shores of Lake Annecy.
I discovered PAI a few months ago. I mainly use it for nature shots, macro shots, travel shots and a bit of wildlife shots.
I’m making myself a Flickr page, I’ll put a link soon.

An update to this, we weren’t able to get it into this release but just noting that it’s still on the bug tracker and will be fixed soon hopefully.

If anyone here had an answer you’d know by now. Please stop repeating the same post in multiple topics - it’s against the rules here. Once is enough.

Please help me find the v .7 on my Mac to revert to…the newest version keeps crashing!!

1 Like

How do you find the old 1.0.7 version to revert to?

Elizabeth -

You can always find the most recent 2-3 versions (releases) at the top of this Product Releases tab category. In fact, the releases for all the various Topaz products are there for Win & Mac users.

I’d suggest, if you’re going to roll back, that you uninstall your 1.0.8 release before reinstalling 1.0.7.

BTW, I can’t say definitively what Topaz’s timing is… but they seem to be on a Thursday weekly update schedule for new releases. So, perhaps you’d like to hold off for the day and see what may arrive later on today.

I’ve been posting it on each update thread, because they are different threads. I’ve always gotten great support from Topaz, including Ling remoting into my computer. But there is a solution to this problem somewhere, and it’s possible someone else might have dealt with the problem. Sorry if you’re triggered by my wanting to get the software to do what it’s supposed to do.

Serge I have been to Annecy to see Mark Verat when he had his Restaurant on the Lake . It was lovely .

Kencrook, Marc Veyrat was very famous but too full of himself and… too expensive!

:smiley:

Careful he had knives !