Topaz Photo AI v1.0.8

Il n’empêche que si on pouvait résoudre ce problème d’accents ce serait un net progrès pour les utilisateurs européens !
De quelle région de France venaient tes ancêtres paternels ?

Alsace. I’ve only ever visited Paris (& surrounding cities) & Deauville. All of which I enjoyed. It took a lot of concentration and energy to translate English to French (and vice versa) in my head! But the people were nice and the sights (and food & shopping) wonderful.

What types of photography or images are you processing in PAI?

Alsace is a very beautiful region. If one day you come back to France, don’t hesitate to come to the Alps. I live on the shores of Lake Annecy.
I discovered PAI a few months ago. I mainly use it for nature shots, macro shots, travel shots and a bit of wildlife shots.
I’m making myself a Flickr page, I’ll put a link soon.

An update to this, we weren’t able to get it into this release but just noting that it’s still on the bug tracker and will be fixed soon hopefully.

If anyone here had an answer you’d know by now. Please stop repeating the same post in multiple topics - it’s against the rules here. Once is enough.

Please help me find the v .7 on my Mac to revert to…the newest version keeps crashing!!

1 Like

How do you find the old 1.0.7 version to revert to?

Elizabeth -

You can always find the most recent 2-3 versions (releases) at the top of this Product Releases tab category. In fact, the releases for all the various Topaz products are there for Win & Mac users.

I’d suggest, if you’re going to roll back, that you uninstall your 1.0.8 release before reinstalling 1.0.7.

BTW, I can’t say definitively what Topaz’s timing is… but they seem to be on a Thursday weekly update schedule for new releases. So, perhaps you’d like to hold off for the day and see what may arrive later on today.

I’ve been posting it on each update thread, because they are different threads. I’ve always gotten great support from Topaz, including Ling remoting into my computer. But there is a solution to this problem somewhere, and it’s possible someone else might have dealt with the problem. Sorry if you’re triggered by my wanting to get the software to do what it’s supposed to do.

Serge I have been to Annecy to see Mark Verat when he had his Restaurant on the Lake . It was lovely .

Kencrook, Marc Veyrat was very famous but too full of himself and… too expensive!

:smiley:

Careful he had knives !

Version 1.0.9 is now available which is expected to fix the issue of Photo AI not launching for some system configurations. As Fotomaker says, Thursday seems to be the new version day.

1 Like

What version of PS are you using.

Not at my computer but I have auto updates for PS 2022. It is the most current version. The problem has been occurring in spite of regular updates. I have uninstalled both PAI and PS and reinstalled both multiple times. It always appears in the filter list with the other Topaz programs, all of which work fine.

I assume you mean you have the most current version of Ps 2022, right? B/c Ps 2023 is now the most current version of Ps. (I’m still using Ps 2022 also - due to wanting to give time after annual updates for bugs to be routed out by others).

I have the experience you mention with some of my ‘classic’ Topaz products. They’re listed in the Ps filters list. They attempt to launch. But go no where and don’t launch - no traditional crash or error msg - they just hang with a spinning circle of death [it’s heartbreaking b/c I used to use the non-working products daily until my new PC rendered them brain-dead].

I just looked up some Google Images. That looks gorgeous there. If it’s ever safe to travel again (w/out a mask) I’d love to go see someplace like that. The photos online make it look like it has Venetian style canals as well as the beautiful alps.

I lived in a schloss in Salzburg for a short while (many yrs ago) then traveled by train to Basel (to the company I was working for at the time). The train went through the alps - it was stunning. It must feel like you’re living in a postcard all the time. You are lucky!

1 Like

yes knives and long teeth :joy:

Sorry…you’re right, I have 2023, v. 24.0.
The thing that’s strange about my situation is that NOTHING happens when I click the filter. No dialog box, nothing loading…just nothing. It’s as if it cannot find the plugin, but it’s sitting in the right place in the plugin folders. Thanks.

1 Like

v1.0.9 available.