Topaz Photo AI v1.0.3-v1.0.4

That does not seem to be the case! Make a dup of your data to experiment.

I did do just that fortunately. Because it would appear that ABFR cannot number in pairs and all my image files have sidecar files that need to have the same number. So it’s back to Transnomino, which does have that ability.
Thanks for the help anyway.

Hi,

I’m blown away by what Photo AI can do with unpromising originals. Have a look at this pair - I’m the toddler in my father’s arms, and I’m now in my 60s!

However, there is a bit of an issue which is very obvious around my grandfather’s face, where a very light streak in the original (not really visible, and embedded in the only print I have) has been “sharpened” into a distinct band:

Is there anything which can be done to control this, or at least reduce the effect?

Thanks
Andrew

1 Like

This is an old photo, so if you overdo the face reconstruction it looks artificial in my view. You have to take into account what the rest of the image looks like and tone it down. I usually take it down to about 30-50%. Just see what some of those classic Dorothea Lange Dustbowl photos look like with Photo AI applied to them!

!.4 seems to have resolved the lens correction and DNG output crash scenario :slight_smile: rapidly done !
Perhaps the most notable issue now ( I use plugin for this reason ) is the horrid colour from RAW conversions.

Image 1 is opened in ACR using Adobe standard profile ( I mostly use my own custom profiles to better this ) and offers and idea of normal Adobe colour . ( Hope this shows in Profoto RGB ) The noise and slight sharpen were in Topaz Noise AI

Image 2 is auto settings from CR2 In Topaz Photo AI 1.4

Seems to me like a load of warm sludge , and contrast in the viaduct is gone !

Moving in close to the first pair , looking at the noise reduction and smearing on the train carriages 3 and 4 in Photo AI
ACRbasic+DenoiseAIClip
AI PhotoClip

1 Like

That’s interesting to see a side x side comparison with a different product that you find preferable as a benchmark…

OK good, glad we have a (free) solution! I will definitely explore.

Using 1.0.3 to batch process 63 <1 MB images. The program closed without finishing or giving any warning after completing, first 23, then another 16, then 20 of the images. After the first crash I started monitoring GPU and System memory usage. GPU memory was quite modest and stayed steady. The System memory steadily rose as it processed each image, but stabilized once it was all fully committed, and PhotoAI was able to complete a number of additional images before the crash happened again.

1 Like

Here are the command lines

C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI>“topaz photo ai” --help
C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI>Options:
–cli: Required to access CLI mode, otherwise images are treated as if passed by an external editor.
–output, -o: Output folder to save images to. If it doesn’t exist the program will attempt to create it.
–overwrite: Allow overwriting of files. THIS IS DESTRUCTIVE.
–recursive, -r: If given a folder path, it will recurse into subdirectories instead of just grabbing top level files.
File Format Options:
–format, -f: Set the output format. Accepts jpg, jpeg, png, tif, tiff, dng, or preserve. Default: preserve
Note: Preserve will attempt to preserve the exact input extension, but RAW files will still be converted to DNG.
Format Specific Options:
–quality, -q: JPEG quality for output. Must be between 0 and 100. Default: 95
–compression, -c: PNG compression amount. Must be between 0 and 10. Default: 2
–bit-depth, -d: TIFF bit depth. Must be either 8 or 16. Default: 16
–tiff-compression: -tc: TIFF compression format. Must be “none”, “lzw”, or “zip”.
Note: lzw is not allowed on 16-bit output and will be converted to zip.

But how do we give an input file/folder ? I tried -i or just directly the folder path but both don’t work

こんにちは。
Windows版 ver1.04を使用しています。3DCGAnimeの画像を加工する際に、フォトショップ版フィルター機能およびスタンドアローンTopaz Photo AIのどちらを使用しても、ファイルの読み込みを行い自動処理をさせた時点で、添付した画像のように色味がおかしくなってしまうのですが、原因が分かる方はいますでしょうか?

Hello, I am using Topaz Photo AI for Windows ver 1.0.4
And when I process 3DCGAnime images, whether I use the Photoshop filter function or the standalone Topaz Photo AI, when I load the file and let it process automatically, the color tones are not right as in the attached image. Does anyone know what the cause is?

Could it be your using CMYK rather than RGB? Because CMYK may not be supported.

Not a major problem, but when I installed both Photo AI 1.0.2 and 1.0.4, the icon was not found in the shortcut it put on the desktop. Only a white rectangle appeared. I was able to go to the Program Files directory, create a shortcut from the .exe file, and move it to the desktop manually and it’s fine. Thought it was just a one time glitch, but the same thing happened when the update installed so maybe it’s a bug.

Win11, LR Classic, Photo AI plugin for .nef files. So far so good but my nef edits are not carried through to the dng file. Is this because .xmp files are not being read? I know that I can copy & paste edits but DXO deep prime does not have this problem. Apparently no support for Nikon Z9. Is this correct? I use a Z9 and it seems to work ok. Masking in the sharpening section is poor. Need to be able to add and subtract mask as in Sharpen AI, ideally painting over areas with brush.

Certainly .xmp files will not be read as they are not Topaz XMPs.

You can check if the Z9 is supported either on the LibRAW website or raise a support request at the main website.

1 Like

Just updated to latest release of Topaz photo 1.0.4 with MBA 2020 M1 (all software up-to-date) dragged a low resolution png file into the program and it inverts the colours - see image

I totally understand this is a new software with things to work out. I thought to just post this FYI incase a few people also have this problem. I can still use the standalone packages until this is fixed so all is good from my side.

1 Like

Thanks for the verification.
In my case, this phenomenon occurred with 10241024px images. if I made them 20482048px and then loaded them into TP AI, this phenomenon did not occur and the conversion was successful. I guess the current version of TP AI requires the image to have a certain resolution.

Photo AI Version 1.0.4 is the best yet.
As for added features, I would like to see:

• The ability to download updates within Photo AI.
  • A cropping feature added.
  • Better integration within Photoshop.
    Thanks.

Its Virtual Memory, the OS is using the drive as a very slow ram.

Hi,

I’m getting this issue whilst batch processing on an M1 MacBook Air, any idea what it could be, can provide more info if necessary.

Thanks,

Simon.

1.0.4 has come a long way. Thanks for all of your work, team.

• Quick Bunny: processing has sped up. Yea!
  • Hungry Memory Monster: I have to constantly free up RAM in order to process a batch of photos. I look forward to when you can optimize memory usage.
  • Leica Disabler: I look forward to being able to open large Leica DNG files.

Thanks, again.