Topaz Photo AI v1.0.3-v1.0.4

There’s a strong color shift no matter what filter I use on my picture, could you check it please?

The input:
DALL·E 2022-10-02 16.32.29 - A drone flying in the universe.png.zip (1.8 MB)
I didn’t see error on other pictures.

1 Like

Same behavior when processing batches of about 100-150 .jpg files using autopilot. Win 11, Ryzen 5800X, RTX 3080, 32 GB RAM. Sometimes it would complete the batch, some other times I have to open Photo AI again and resume from the last file it left off.

This seems to be the same range where this fails…Some programs (Lightroom as an example) will let the user set a preference range for disk swapping… Maybe there’s a built-in range in PAI that needs to be tweaked, and/or moved to the Preference menu so the user can set that range… That 43+G is disk swapping not RAM…

if you quit PAI, then restart, an update button appears on the upper right corner if updates are available. click there to start the update if desired.

Thanks. In fact I see that the Z9 is now supported in the LibRAW 0.21(Beta 1). Not sure how to proceed.

I guess they would not put the beta in the production but you can raise a support request asking that Z9 support is hurried along.

For me (I have only Photo AI) it works amazingly well in a workflow with Photoshop. The best this that it get constantly better. This will be their only photo software in the future. But you will have to maybe get use to a new workflow.

Obviously this is an extreme example but you can see that Autopilot selects the Standard Sharpen model which is not the correct one:

If I select the Motion Blur model instead and crank it right up it does do some amazing recovery:

Again this is only a controlled TEST image and you would never expect 100% recovery but, at least, you would expect that the correct model is selected.

Also the current Masking is not suitable without being able to manually adjust the mask.

1 Like

Yes. I’m also waiting for that. I solve it by by setting the sensitivity to cover all interesting areas and then in Photoshop masking the areas that i want to exclude.

The masking in the other Topaz products is pretty good. I see no reason why it can’t be ported over. I think the devs thought they were being clever introducing a slider instead of the brush.

1 Like

I mostly work quite well and will probably work even better after a longer time of AI.

If it ain’t broke don’t mend it.

1 Like

I only have this product and as i understand it it is developed to be their main Photo AI product and fully cover the functionality of the others when all this are fixed. Every weekend it gets better.

2 Likes

Would be nice to have the “Select All” function in Photo AI (like in all other Topaz products) to allow editing all images with the exact same settings.

I understand that Autopilot is practical, but if you have a series of images there is no need for “optimizing” each one, but use the settings you feel work best… and it would save a lot of time not detecting each single image.

Thanks!

Edit. Problem fixed.

@anthony.lawn

Photo AI Denoise leaves fine repeating patterns on denoised images.

Because they look slightly like woodchip wallpaper, they can be recognized relatively easily.

I could never have dreamed how far technology has come in recent years.

How insanely detailed images can be.

And that with a simple 20 megapixels, I had 45 for testing a few weeks ago but that was an overkill, rather 20 to work with and if necessary we just calculate it bigger.

Unfortunately, the compression in the forum eats up the details.

2 Likes

Nice picture… It is really strong on this. Had a little soft close up of a rose hip with nice background. Everything with masking and enhance worked really fine, And inside Photoshop the last finish removing annoying details.

There are still bugs. I usually do batch process of dozen photos, but the Topaz suddenly died after 5-6 processing. Please solve this problem.

I’m seeing some odd behavior – saving as DNG and pulling into Topaz Studio, the photos have a green tint. I’ve seen it in more than one. Anyone else seeing similar?

1 Like