Topaz Photo AI v1.0.2

It’s a bug. I reported it last week. It remembers on MacOS but not WIN11.

It doesn’t remember on my machine. (Mac M1).

Also, should the save button be that small?

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 21.28.48

It does not remember Window position on Mac.

The update server is very slow.

1 Like

It doesn’t remember on my Mac Mini M1 /16G Monterey 12.6 and it’s a real pain the you know what. :expressionless:

What? The one on the right is sharpened a little, no smearing.

That example might be zoomed out too much to see the oversharpening clearly.

Here’s another example, again with sharpening set to 1, the lowest possible setting. Extreme sharpening with smeared details.

Sharpen AI doesn’t work like this; even the maximum setting there is not this extreme.

1 Like

Please add an additional method of rendering in the preview where the main window is rendered but then the app renders adjacent windows in the background. After a few moments (M1 Ultra), the whole image would be previewed so I can freely pan around to see all of the details quickly without real-time delay.

Curious: In the AI pipeline, the app finds features then uses training data to upscale to something it “knows”, right? IE: “that’s a line, make it a high-res line”. Is the feature-finding data passed down the pipe from Noise to Sharpen to Enhance Res or are those routines re-finding the features?

No thumbnails are being generated for ARW files, nor it seems for some DNGs. And when multiple images are added, it is impossible to use my trackpad to move forward through them beyond the edge (as indicated by the arrow)
I am on a Mac Mini, OS Monterey, 16GB RAM and using the Apple wireless trackpad:

i’ve seen that issue as well. limits how many i’m willing to batch under auto mode
at a time since i like to check each image for weird artifacts before saving the final.

that said, lots less AI artifacts now than previous versions.

I have the impression that I paid for a beta software, the support should not expire after one year of purchase but one year after the software is usable

2 Likes

Did you trial it first?

The CEO stated it in one of the announcements that there wouldn’t be further devel. after PAI was baked.

I bought it as soon as it came out and there was no trial version
I based on the fact that it was a software born from the others already mature

While processing my images, using mostly GP, and from time to time open PAI to see if there are any improvements, or maybe just one more time, and every time, to look at elegantly written UI, sorry, can’t help myself, I found out, on one of my images, PAI did not turn ON “Remove Noise” button. It’s not an accident, I tried 3 times. May be not enough noise to turn It “ON”

This is what I use in GP on my recent images, and PAI, on that particular image, gave me that option as well. Before, I had to turn “Remove Noise” button OF, after PAI initially process an image, leaving some unpleasant artifacts behind.

Now I have opportunity to see PAI with only 2 options “ON” at work.

• Recover Faces - ON
  • Enhance Resolution 4x - ON (by Default, thank you Topaz)

These are two options, that produce the best result in GP, and now PAI, on many of my image files with people, removing gently noise as well. Just amazing.

On the well lit scene, pictures was taken on the Beach facing North, PAI intelligently, not only beatified person’s face, as usual, with proper ability to increase/decrease strength, but also intelligently remove all the noise on the darken, out of focus background mountain’s trees, that are so many miles away.

You can see on the picture below, how well noise been removed without trying to Sharpen?, yes, “Remove Noise” sometimes tried to sharpen out of focus background trees, or leave “mush potato” spots, and I shown examples in my previous posts.

You can also see, almost even texture of trees, differentiated by barely noticeable spots of different colours, that PAI left intact, in pristine condition, without a noise.

• This is what I was waiting for, from Photo AI.

It seems PAI getting better and better. Now, we need to concentrate on the next improvements.

Here, some of the things need to be done, and many people on that forum asked that as well.

• Option to turn OFF “Remove Noise” in Preferences pan.

• BTW, Header with “Configure AutoPilot” name, will benefit if its surround by grey frame as other parts in the pan.

• “Remove Noise” and “Sharpen” need tweaks, to correct proportional strength adjustment from 1-100

• Continue to train AutoPilot, to make it as a “Magic tool” that sometime, in a near future, will amaze even most demanding Professional photographers.

I believe, with hope, very soon, Big 3 Brothers will not be ashamed to let their “baby” Photo AI go to live on his own, and help photographers to fulfill their PhotoEditing needs, living Big Boys on the “Road of Fame” that lead to the early “Golden Years Retirement”.

I’m having the same issues, completely random crashes. I can re-import the image, use exactly the same settings and it will work, doesn’t make any sense.

This release works well. One thing I see somewhat consistently is the face tool, refining a face but changing eye color, big color changes, like green eyes to brown and this was on a closeup shot where the eye-color was easily recognizable. Also I miss the little feedback tool that used live in the bottom right.

NO he did not! He said that Photo AI was the priority and the individual apps would be updated less frequently.

The issue here is that you are starting a rumour about Topaz Labs direction and apps which has nothing to do with your testing. Cease!

4 Likes

Ok, next time always trial software to see if it suits your needs before buying. (My advice only)