Topaz Photo AI v1.0.2

This is a function of your OS, for Windows 10 the Raw Image Extension should be available for download from the Microsoft Store. This will display thumbnails in the File Explorer.

“Replaced AVX2 check in the installer with just an AVX check”
Does that mean that an AVX2-capable processor is no longer needed to use Photo AI ?

Hi, thank you for your Feedback.

Unfortunately, that is not the reason. I have been using the additionally required codecs for years and see all relevant thumbnails in Windows 10 File Explorer. See screenshot:
Screenshot 2022-10-01 110607

In Photo AI I loaded the same RAW files and see no thumbnails for the Canon RAC files.
See screenshot:

Does anyone else have the same problem with Canon Cr2 and CR3 files on Windows 10?
Thank you for your support!

The biggest issue for Ai photo to resolve is the loss of detail when the noise reduction is applied, even when the setting is at its lowest ( 1). parts of the image are being smeared, whereas Noise Ai retains the detail. I would have thought that the noise engine in AI photo would be basically the same as Noise Ai. This issue for me would be a deal breaker if i had to pay for Photo Ai, i would want a refund until this is resolved.

3 Likes

another example of how the noise reduction in Photo ai is smearing detail in comparison to Noise Ai. this is on the lowest possible setting.

2 Likes

I love this tool. It makes good contribution to most pictures. Much better than Photoshop. I think AI is a good thing. I woud however like a brush to make not so active in some areas. I do anyway in Photoshop. For a gravel road for example, when the noise is close to the same size as the gravel it get much to soft, due to lack of structures to preserve or doing AI guessing. A little noise will make it much better. Maybe AI will extrapolate this in the future, with other areas close to it. It would be the best thing. But a brush would be a good compromise.

MY Sharpen AI license was invalidated by the Photo AI install.
PLease help me as I had purchased Sharpen AI before Photo AI.

Rishi,

Pls contact Topaz Support at their main website.

This is a user-user forum.

(Also, no need to ‘shout’ in all caps…)

1 Like

adjusting the scale based on pixel width or X factor in preferences does not change output. I assume it should also be reflected on the preview page

Tried another low res Landscape JPG image in Win 11 Ps 2022 PAI 1.0.2 Plugin.

PAI selected the foreground Rock and one small swath of hill in the mid-bkgrnd as Subject.

Before PAI:

After PAI processing - to me, the rock has lost the photographic quality and now looks like a piece of clay that’s being sculpted, including with some sort of tool with a pointy tip or edge. And, tonality & saturation seems to be stripped from the BEFORE image. I didn’t make any adjustments to what PAI generated - other than to try enhance. I didn’t see a radical difference either way:

Ps Plugin - Radiant Photo trial software. Set to only run “Details” (i.e. Sharpening & Denoising - for apples to apples test). Its AI determined not to apply denoising. I boosted sharpening manually slightly… Foreground rock retains real rock look (just sharper than Before) and I don’t see tonal fading or desat - the slight color shift I actually think is positive for the image:

My apologies as I see you are not talking about thumbnails in the open file dialog but those in the “filmstrip” at the bottom of the Photo Ai screen when more than one file is open.

What has this got to do with this release of Photo AI thread?

Why Denoise is not present in the Autopilot configuration and so can never be disabled ?

It is a post with side x side comparison of PAI & the results I want from PAI using a comparably featured s/w.

As such, rather than saying, “I don’t like the PAI results for my type of photography,” (which some posts do & are meaningless b/c what does that mean) I have posted a side x side image run with PAI results using features that are plugin-based, AI-based sharpening & denoising with one producing my metric for usable.

I used it (just like others are posting comparisons from to be discontinued SAI & GAI & DAI products) - as a visual benchmark. The release example I posted in the comparison isn’t up to a std I need & showed.

No worries!

Can you please point to a statement by Topaz Labs officially confirming this.

I asked them to add this, first reply to main topic in this thread

1 Like

I processed both identical photos in Luminar Neo with the same camera profile (adobe standard). I copied the same adjustment settings ( i.e. white balance etc). clearly there is a MASSIVE difference in colours, plus the loss of detail after noise reduction in Photo Ai. I am baffled as to why the raw images are so radically different. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

ai photo comp 4

What type of image file; RAW, DNG, JPEG, TIFF or PNG?

Also it is a little confusing as you label half of one image Photo AI and half Noise AI, so is the comparison between Photo AI and DeNoise AI?

Were you using Auto Pilot or manual settings?

I an not sure, but he is taking about Luminar Neo.
So I guess he is referring to the newly released Noiseless AI extension in Luminar Neo . :thinking: