Topaz Photo AI v1.0.10

You need to raise a support request at the main website.

Post processing file management is opaque. If I initiate Photo AI from apple Photos then post process save the image why doesn’t it update in Photos. No file extensions, and save to original folder selected. At the very least a File menu option to get to the modified file would be helpful.

You may need to look at the Photos process as you have to export from Photos before processing. It should be where Photos exported the image.

Please ditch the AI part in the AI brush, I just want the regular dumb brush we have sharpen AI;
The AI stuff in that brush seems to have no purpose other than makes thinks super slow and imprecise

Please give us a dumb brush !

Thanks

5 Likes

Another release, another time wasted testing software that I paid for.

PAI vs DenoiseAI, artifacts and oversharpening

PAI vs GigapixelAI, we are still far away

imac 2019, macOS 13.0.1

but no crash problems or incompatibility with other software :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve found the best program for Deleting programs on a Mac is CleanMyMac X

Agree!! Would like a ‘dumb’ brush that doesn’t lay down its overlay in patches, but will stop at edge boundaries if we activate Edge Aware. Not every mask will have to be edge aware. In fact it will compensate for some PAI edge over sharpening for masks not to always cling to an AI assessed edge.

If everything goes AI in the product, then we lose all artistic discretion & the only other product roadmap option for next stage dev is to send the Topaz AI robot out with a camera for capture too — or merge with DALL-E or MidJourney

I agree with your recommendation for CleanMyMac X (which does much more than simply uninstall apps). However, I think that Appcleaner (AppCleaner) is probably just as good and has the additional virtue of being free, donations accepted. I have both and, although I use CleanMyMac X, both apps seem to identify the same files for deletion.

Can you please implement an option to disable the denoising, when woring on a batch it destroys many pictures. And also allow to modify the overall denoising level on a batch scale.

I cannot find AppCleaner on the Apple App Store. Did you just download it from that website?

I have been using App Cleaner for many years. It’s compatible with Ventura so works well (although bear in mind, sometimes these cleaning apps don’t find everything)
https://freemacsoft.net

Yes. This app initially came to my attention about 2 years ago after reading an article that profiled free Mac apps that were worthy alternatives to paid versions.

I get it that Photo AI is the path of the future; however, the newer product should provide equal to or better results and functionality than the prior products they are intended to replace.

I agree that the brush in Photo AI does not need to be “intelligent”. I want a brush to be applied to where I want it to be applied and not a group of pixels that are not part of the object of brushing. The size of the brush needs to be user adjustable to be able to target smaller/thinner objects like branches, and larger objects like water bodies and skies where the areas of Subject Selection are incomplete or are more than desired. To me, these would seem to be obvious capabilities of a brush.

Also masking affects both sharpening and noise reduction simultaneously. If the user wants different parts of an image processed differently multiple passes through Photo AI are needed. This is not an improvement over DeNoise AI and Sharpening AI.

4 Likes

Hi Team Topaz -

Problem here. Mac M1 Mini recently updated to Ventura. Photo AI 1.010 won’t open my Sony A1 ARW files. Tried a couple. No bueno. Restarted the program. Same thing.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Raise a support request at the main website
 Also mention the type of RAW as it may be that compressed RAW are not supported by LibRAW.

There is no reason the plugin won’t work with AP 2, works fine on Windows (I use it) and for Mac it has worked since Photo AI came out.

Please post a screenshot of your Plugins settings in AP.

No problem for me: Mac mini M1 16GB, Ventura, So, yes, you need to run this by Topaz Support:

Thanks. I switched to shooting compressed RAWs today. I bet that is what it was.

1 Like

Thanks - I bet you’re right. I think this is the first time I’ve shot compressed RAWs.

1 Like

hello,

New user , for now i appreciate the results pictures and auto pilot mode (very simple picture for now).

On windows the softwxare doesnt allow snap, sad with a big screen and multiple opened application.

I will continue my test :slight_smile: