Topaz Photo AI v1.0.10

Hi Guys, I use and love your Software, but the “after saving” process on AI ist a little bit semi comfortable. When I close the saving window, AI starts suddenly with optimizing the picture, which I safed before, so I have to stop the process by closing the picture down left. I think, that to save a optimized picture means, I don’t need to optimize it again. Maybe it would be better to use the process from DeNoise. I can decide to go back to editor or close the picture by press the recycle bin. Thanks for your response, Carsten

Hi, how test plugin if working in Affinity Photo 2?
In Filters - > Plugin I don’t see it
Thanks

Hi Fulvio, in Edit>Preferences go to Photoshop Plugins & add the Topaz Labs LLC folder. Make sure Allow “Unknown” plugins is ticked & close the preferences box… Affinity Photo 2 will then prompt for a restart. You should then see Photo AI in the Filters>Plugins option. Hope this helps.
Plugin Dialog

Hi Fulvio, see my post below.

Thanks, I’m on MAC but found preferences and check it, now work.
I’m new in Affinity and try to create a project with Smart Object PS like; in Preferences General I import my PSD with Smart Object but, how create a project like that in Affinity?

Glad it helped Fulvio. I’m afraid I don’t use Photoshop so I can’t answer your question. I suggest you post your query on ths Affinity forum at Affinity on Desktop Questions (macOS and Windows) - Affinity | Forum. Sorry I can’t be any more help.

1 Like

Most of the Problems I see are The problem in Standalone.Standalone should be checked with Rawdigger.If Raw Digger has a problem PhotoAI Might as well as Standalone.
See if you have same problem With Hosts Like PhotoShop and Affinity Photo.

Photo AI is working with AP Version 2.

Hi, thanks but I am on AP version 1

Hello,
the Face Recovery option has no effect (on or off doesn’t matter). On a second computer it works very well (always the same RAW image). How can I solve this problem?
Hardware: i7-2600K, 32 GB Ram, some SSDs
Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit (latest version)

1 Like

Hi;
I have a Ryzen 3700x CPU, Topaz Photo AI is rendering the previews and processes too slow, I see that it utilizes max 50% of the CPU and no more. See the image below,. Topaz denoise renders different and can actually utilize full CPU. Would be nice if this can be improved in a future release.

Since the update to V1.0.10 I am getting a “failed to initialise graphics backend for Vulkan” error message.

I am running Windows 10 64-bit on a Lenovo PC which has not had issues on earlier releases.

|Processor|AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz|
|Installed RAM|32.0 GB (31.4 GB usable)|
|Device ID|659BFB49-9AF5-4CBA-87A5-CA850D9399D0|
|Product ID|00325-82080-65940-AAOEM|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|No pen or touch input is available for this display|

Sharpen, DeNoise and GigaPixel all work fine.

Any suggestions?

Hi,
the utilization of your GPU would be interesting?

Good day,

I hardly ever have any problem using your products. This is not a problem but something I noticed I’m missing, and I have felt needed many times. If you load several pictures at a time, in Gigapixel, you can simply unselect and apply individual changes, or, select all and adjust settings for all pictures. I don’t see that in Photo Ai. Although most things could be defined in autopilot, sometimes it would just be easier to change a setting just there and apply to all images.

Thanks! I really think your products do a great job worth the price :). I was able to complete the collection with this latest bundle.

I have an older graphics card so I use CPU option as processor, GPU load is 20% or so. If I use GPU load gets 100% but the card is older than my CPU, and slower (GPU prices…)…

If you use an iPhone 14 Pro or pro max for now only use those photos in a host like Affinity Photo or Photoshop.Iphone 12 Pro work do not know about iPhone 13 Pro . I am talking about Raw Photos here.

Unable to open an Internet connection. Verify connectivity before retrying.

still not fixed. No problem on the installer of any of the other apps.

1 Like

I have a question:

The results of applying Photo AI to increase the resolution of my Canon RAW timelapse photos by a factor of 2x, and some noise reduction in auto-pilot, are fantastic, and I’d like to apply this to all 1200 RAW files of one of my timelapses.

When I drag all of them into the opening screen of Photo AI on my MacBook Air M1, they do come up fairly quickly in the bottom strip (wish it could be shown in list-view and sorted by name, ascending/descending), and it does it what it is supposed to on frame 1, but when I I choose “Save Images”, it only increases the size by 2x on the first frame, but none of the following ones.

How do I apply my settings from the first photo to all the other ones?

I also tried to use the plugin in Photoshop 2023 and build an Action to do the Photo AI processing and also some RAW processing in Adobe RAW, but it warns me that the Photoshop plugin does not support scaling by Photo AI.

So, what is the correct workflow for using Photo AI to batch process thousands of files with exactly the same settings, scaling and all?

I don’t use Photoshop so can’t really comment other than to say that layers can’t be used when resizing since the original and the upscaled versions are of different sizes. Maybe others more qualified to explain further will do so.
It’s annoying that one can’t (yet) batch process in PAI. I think you are going to have to resort to Gigapixel AI for your needs. It is good at removing noise usually, so you might not need to denoise your images first in another programme.

There are no layers, other than the RAW photo itself, so there must be a limitation in either the plugin, or Photoshop’s interaction with this plugin.

I’ll give Gigapixel AI a try, but was so pleased about the look that Photo AI created, that I hoped that I didn’t have to change horses, in mid-stream, so to say.