Topaz Photo AI v1.0.10

Just created a TIFF file using photostacking in ACDSee Ultimate 2023. Trying to load it 1.0.10 as an external editor causes an immediate Crash / Exit. Loading it directly in .10 has the same problem. How do I submit the file?

I could not access anything past the viewable image thumbnails to change settings. I would swipe them to the left and it would move a bit then pop back. I had to do my images in three batches. Very weird UI thing.

I thought I’d give this latest version a go. First image crashed, second image crashed, third image stayed open long enough for me to see the results were awful, then it crashed.

Hi, No log there yet in Denoise there is a folder LOGS. Thanks

You need to tell us (well not me as I am on a Mac and I bet you have a PC) what your system set-up is, then someone may be able to help you! It’s likely GPU or RAM related.

I have iMAC with M1 chip running on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1.
I have Lightroom Classic. In Lightroom I can access Photo AI thru File heading as a plugin which gives dng or Photo edit in PhotoAI which gives a Tiff Ever since an upgrade about 2 ago If I use the plug in version when I go to eject the hard drive where my LRC photos and catalogues are stored it won’t allow me to quit says still using a program although I can’t see what its using. I have no choice but to Force Eject which is risky. What can be done how do I uninstall,Photo AI and how do i correct the problem but keep my other Topaz programs

1 Like

Handling of special filenames still not correct if files where opened through plugin (e.g. Capture One).
Example filename: 20220716-NĂŒrburgring-Truck-Grand-Prix-161289.tiff
This is due to wrong filename encoding.

How can TPAI improve the image as it has a serious bug in decoding the input graphics?

2 Likes

the bug “unable to open an internet connection” is still here

Not related to Affinity, works fine for me. Usually caused by using Save as instead of Save.

Just make sure it is a genuine TIFF and not a ACDSEE version with layers. Note TIFF specifications do NOT have layers.

You should provide details of your PC setup i.e. CPU, RAM, GPU with vRAM and driver version. Then details of the type of files you are using including type and format.

Please also clarify what you mean by “awful results” with an objective description.

Note that the sarcastic comment on the post was removed.

Thanks Don. There doesn’t appear to be layers in the file and it opens in several other editors (DXO PhotoLab and Olympus Workspace).

I think the issue that concerns me (and should concern the developers) is that there is an error in the file parsing routines that is not caught by the exception handler and handled gracefully.

Tim

1 Like

Please enough of the 700 mb updates! Downloading the entire package for an update is getting old. Your servers are so slow it takes forever. I have a gigabit connection and no issues with other servers with gig plus downloads in minutes or less. I love the updates but entire package download was cured in your previous AI solutions.

It looks like they are using difference interpolation method of showing the original image.

In the GAI, it seem that the original image is enlarged without interpolation or using nearest-neighbor.
While the TAI, looks like enlarged by bicubic or some kind of smoothing over the pixelated image.

1 Like

@lhkjacky - look for output window. GAI has smooth edges. TAI has jagged shapes and for me these are not interpolation errors, but source decoding errors. I can’t check save file because it’s trial version - TAI don’t have save option.

When I try to install Photo AI, I always encounter the problem that I cannot download the model and the installation cannot be completed.

Problem solved. I live in China. When I set up the VPN correctly, I can install and download the model properly.

Back in your boxes.

I’ve had enough time wasted trying to work with this software, I’m not about to start beta testing it as well.

What I do want is a refund for Giga Pixel AI that I had to buy to ‘get in the bundle’ to get Photo AI, and for Sharpen AI license I purchased just before so I could get another year of updates that wasn’t going to happen. Some people here have been scammed.

@anthony.lawn Standalone Still can not read iPhone 14 Pro Raw Photos correctly. Not a Matter of size. Giga pixel Can :slight_smile:

Installed 1.0.10 on W10 with no problems. Some usability issues, some unreported, one old dog still there:

• I usually use PAI on a single photo and find it tedious to have to go to the bottom left corner to the vertical 
 button to find a way to close the current image when all the other controls are on the right. Could it be put with the other view controls on the bottom right.
  • If more than one image is loaded, I like the strip view along the bottom but dont see any way to not save all images. Could have an enable/disable toggle on either the bottom strip or the queue list displayed on save.
  • Still have the problem that, on my main screen, the autohidden task bar will not redisplay over PAI when the cursor is at the bottom. Works on second screen and with all other Topaz products.
1 Like