Topaz Photo AI v1.0.0

Yup, install new Topaz software (or upgrade), then contact tech support. Each and EVERY time.
I’d be annoyed with this if I was a paid tester let alone a paying customer.

Was playing with the program all evening now and with all images I tried it seems like the strength slider for denoise and sharpen are not doing anything. The noise reduction remains the same no matter if the slider is at 30 or 1. The only difference is between strong and normal.
Same applies to sharping.
Working on Win10.

Hi Anthony,

I just downloaded and install Topaz Photo AI and made few tests.

Picture quality is very good but I did not find a way to set the output colour space, for instance Adobe RGB.

Where is the place to set the output colour space ?

Also another issue, I want all pictures to be 2400 pixels height for instance !

With GigaPixel there is a easy way to do it.

Did not yet find the way…

There is also a missing feature that I use a lot with Topaze Adjust AI, the Standard mode to colour / luminosity AI balance.

There is no function to adjust colour / luminosity or I missed something…

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, I have an issue with Photo AI v1.0 on Win10 whereby it has installed a folder called COne/Plugins/com.topazlabsllc.photoplugin into a folder on an external drive that I would never have allowed it to use (used for crypto stuff). Where should this folder actually be? Can I just copy and paste it to where it should be and delete the folder on this external drive?

1 Like

First image I tried was a DNG file shot with a cell phone. It is NOT a RAW image, but the Photo AI program refuses to see it any other way. Photo AI makes the image all purple hue and washed out… What is going on here?

Next I tried a simple jpeg. It can’t seem to decide what should be in focus and what should be the background. It keeps trying to noise correct some moldy patches in the foreground while sharpening the background… I see no way or clickable option to stop it from doing this!

I think this program needs a lot of work yet and a whole lot more user control. I think you’re on the right track, but we’ve got many miles to go before we finally arrive at our destination.

Otherwise… Any updates planned for Video Enhance AI?

Cheers :beers:

The problem is full-screen mode!

If you maximize the window you lose access to the mouse pointer!
(Win10 x64, latest updates) 2460x1440 monitor, RTX2060S GPU (latest drivers)

I am seeing that since the first version

I only run 4k on my TV/monitor. The Topaz software is the only software I currently have that failes to display properly when I first open the program. I own just about every program they make at Topaz but only two of them now consistently have this problem for me. Video Enhance AI is the other one, every-time, wrong aspect ratio when I open it. I have to click the maximize button in the upper right corner to make the program work. Otherwise it’s non responsive and my mouse pointer is skipping like 15 frames per second when I’m currently running @ 120Hz. It makes no sense to me. But it is a chronic problem.

I downloaded and installed Topaz Photo AI today on a Windows computer with plenty of memory and CPU power. Attempted to try it out on both RAW and Jpg files from different cameras, each time Topaz Photo AI just went away after importing the photo, but the image never showed up. It appeared to be trying to determine the subject from what I could tell.

Tried it again going through Lightroom and had the exact same problem. So, it seems to be a complete bust on my computer. I also tried turning off the automatic upscaling. Nothing has worked.

Same here. The manual refinement of selections is a must for me. Will probably use this only for simpler jobs for now.

1 Like

Good progress to date, but mask brush/erase functions. Also, the AI often misses the need to sharpen. I usually turn on sharpen manually.

1 Like

Sweeet new software. I’m excited to see all the tech being integrated, and to get to try it as you iron out the kinks. I wanted to flag that Mac Photos doesn’t seem to be accepting the new/overwritten image. The other image programs can overwrite into Mac Photos library.

Photo AI successfully completes the processing, but when you go back to Mac Photos the original is unchanged, even after refresh/restarting the program. Let me know if you have any thoughts as it’d be nice to not reimport every enhanced photo. If there’s something I can do on my end other than wait for an update, please let me know!

I realize integrating all the technologies in one is no small task, but I agree on the sluggishness when making changes - experiencing it with M1 Max. I have no doubt that it will improve as all your incredible software does. Thanks again!

Brand new video.

Topaz Photo AI Noise and Sharpening

1 Like

Can you mention your system specs - even though you say you have plenty of memory & CPU? I assume you checked the tech rqmts.

Also, sounds like you can launch the interface but just not open images. If so, can you go to the Help mention in the PAI interface, copy the Logs (there’s a place in the help menu to do so) and send them to Tech Spt to diagnose? You may need to either zip them and/or swap the dot extension to “.txt” to be able to send. Good luck!

It was be incredibly useful (to me :laughing: ) if you provide a preference pane that allows the user to select the modules (Remove Noise, Sharpen, Recover Faces, Enhance Resolution) run by Autopilot.

Same here.
Keeps putting it on my G:\ drive which is external & has nothing to do with where Photo Ai is installed (C:)…you can delete it but the msi installer will just put it back when you fire up the app again.

It’s a side effect of not compiling an .exe windows keeps a stripped down version of the .msi in C:\Windows\Installer & will hash check it against the app every time it’s opened & “fix” anything it thinks is missing.

2022: AI reveals the true face of Jesus :rofl:

Face refinement algorythm seems to be as broken as in Gigapixel 6.2 - I try to enhance some very low quality images and the faces are enhanced only partially.

Downloaded and installed today. My computer is a Dell XPS13 running Windows 11. The first thing I have noted is that when an image is loaded, the program takes over the whole screen and the task bar is no longer visible. If you minimize the window, it goes to the task bar. However, if you try to restore the window, it will not come back. At this point, all you can do is close the program.

Is a goal of Photo AI to always use the main functions of Sharpen, DeNoise, and Gigapixel in concert, so that instead of having OK noise reduction in Sharpen and OK sharpening in DeNoise, we’re combining the primary AI of both and skipping the “OK” parts?

I’ve only fiddled with a couple images so far, but it does seem like reducing noise leaves the sharpness alone. Not so sure about the reverse.

I generally only use just one or the other on an image (depending on which one looks best) to avoid redundant noise reduction and sharpening, so eliminating the overlap is a great idea.

I hope Gigapixel will continue as a standalone app, since its use cases can differ from the others. Sometimes I use it as an alternative to Sharpen and DeNoise — enlarging the image and then scaling it back down to the original resolution in Photoshop can clean things up to a more subtle degree.

I had problems at first getting used to product and using it. I watched a couple of videos on YouTube that gave me the hang of it. I think you should have some tutorials for testers, at least the basic how to.