Topaz Photo AI v0.3

I d/loaded the software. Installation took ages!! but no problems encountered. The program seems to work well although my main concern is the processing time taken to save the image back to Photoshop.
My system is win10 64 bit, GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX1600 super, CPU: I7 9700 3 GHz, 32 Mb Ram.
A 42 Mb raw file of a bird took the following times to save to Photoshop after processing the denoise/sharpen/enhance parameters:
Using Nvidia: autopilot: 1 minute manual: 1 minute 20 sec.
Using auto: autopilot: 45 sec manual 2 mins 45 sec
Using cpu: autopilot: 1 min 20 sec manual: 4 mins 10 sec

Turning off face recovery and enhance: manual: 55 sec.
Can face recovery and enhance be turned off in autopilot?
The final image result after saving to Photoshop seems very good, but the time it takes to save back to Photoshop using the sliders seems too long.

Just received Topaz Photo AI today and have tried using AutoPilot and Manual on a very noisy OM-1 Raw file for the first time. See the results below. Manual worked best for me

Open either DeNoise, Sharpen or GigaPixel and go to the Help menu, select Graphics info, press Copy and paste the info here.

Hi guys,
I’ve been testing Photo AI since yesterday. Here’s what I noticed and I’m interested in your opinion.
In autopilot with DNG photos it shows me : Model: RAW / Dn: 4 / Sh: 34.
If I turn off Autopilot and leave Dn at 4 and set Sharpening to 34 exactly as in Autopilot, the image is clearer and sharper. The exact same settings from the autopilot entered manually lead to better results for me, tested with different photos. Have you noticed this as well?

Another question, is enhanced turned on in the autopilot or not. I don’t see that in the overview.

It would be great if you could export photos as DNG as well.

Thanks a lot to you guys!

Hi There,
I am quite new to TOPAZ.
I thought I would take up the offer to try out the New TOPAZ AI all in one.
as I purchased the Bundle of Sharpen AI, De-Noise AI & Gigapixel AI recently.
So far I prefer the Sharpen AI with the couple of images I have tried. This is Why.
Here is a Screenshot of Topaz AI:Autopilot for image quality

here is the same photo with just Topaz Sharpen AI

The difference is huge, The pine cones and the Buzzards eye are far sharper in Sharpen AI than with the Autopilot version.

This is one of the main reasons I bought Topaz was for the ability to sharpen those photos you wanted to just crispen up etc.
maybe I am not doing something right with the new Autopilot version, but so far I the older version works better.
I hope you can see the screens shots I posted on this reply.

regards
Stewart

1 Like

After a few days playing with AI 3 and Canon RAW CR2 files , I have been comparing versions produced with Canon DPP , Adobe Camera RAW , both finished in the Topaz AI Sharpen and versions direct into Photo AI 3. I am noting several interesting points, but I feel before I can comment further there needs to be changes to the RAW development in AI 3 to remove the 1 stop under exposure. The compression of tones, and noise issues I feel are possibly a result of having to lift the derived image so far, and pull it about in PS. Once heavily curved and played with the file still shows reasonable quality and I feel that if we could remove this issue , real testing of the product can be allowed.

Hi colleague, if I manually insert the exact same settings from the autopilot at Dn and Sh the results are better. First I look at the values from the autopilot and then turn it off and manually enter the values, the photos are clearer and sharper. Is it the same for you?

Hi
I installed (Photo AI) it and it get to start but as soon as I try to take a photo in to program it shuts down
I have tried to unstall it and innstall it again but same fault
What I am doing wrong?
All spec are higher then requied
Tom

Please go to the Help menu in any of DeNoise, Sharpen or GigaPixel, select Graphics info, press the Copy button and then paste it here.

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 6.1.0
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 473.47
CPU RAM: 20440 MB
Video RAM: 1024 MB
Preview Limit: 2105 Pixels

Hi Sacha, Yes I also get the better result entering the auto settings in manual mode. Although I don’t know what the C setting in auto is and can’t enter that value in manual. Is it for Colour noise? Cheers, Rob

Hi Robert, thanks for the reply. I have never seen “c” on autopilot in all my photos and attempts. Can’t tell you. Best regards, Sacha

Hi Sacha,
See the attached screen capture, C is 55 with this shot.
cheers, Rob

Thanks, I saw it. But not yet in my Workflow or Photo AI… I don’t know why.

You need to check the system requirements here:

As you can see your GPU does not meet the minimum specs but it may run albeit slowly.

Hi, The program crashes when trying to load any picture, the specs. of my graphics card are below:

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.7.0
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 512.72
CPU RAM: 32623 MB
Video RAM: 4096 MB
Preview Limit: 6414 Pixels

Thanks, Scott

Tried AI Photo on a CR2 in manual mode accepting the setting derived from Auto Noise 11 , Sharpen 4 enhance on. Then did the same file in Adobe camera RAW and sharpened with Topaz plugin accepting its auto settings. First things I note using AI Photo 3 as a standalone is how long the processing took … must be the enhance grinding on, had a shave, dinner etc . The resultant images ( just a snap out walking close to home, the AI photo was like grading log footage , not the usual Auto 1 stop under( more 1/2 stop) but very flat.
Three images , PS and Topaz Sharpen , Photo AI 3 manual , AI photo with curve but still a tiny bit green … only a small green curve pull needed IMO.

Again no recognition of lens data in Adobe post Topaz AI 3 , no resize in PS 6 plugin , Enhance was Auto as Natural . I like the AI 3 image , almost a more organic feel , but the flatness requires work but could be OK for copy work if a correction curve was built, or a setting for the desired output .

1 Like

1st of the set of 3 is nice and sharp. But most folks who know processing would figure it had some slider tweaks (but not overdone in any way…).

3rd in the set looks like just out of camera from someone talented with a camera - less processed looking, not quite as sharp as #1 & more of a “straight” (ie, unprocessed) photo look.

hi,

I’ve changed GPU last night (went from GT1030 to GTX1060) and very quick Photo AI test shows different behaviour - looks OK (at 2am) but I’ll test further after I solve crashing problem in some Denoise types with latest Studio drivers (there’s always something to play with :grin:)

1 Like

Hi! I’ve encountered an issue with this specific photograph:

As you can see, there is an artefact on the top right.

I’m on a MacBook Air M1 running the latest version of Photo AI using the autopilot. I also have the raws if needed (I was editing a TIFF from Lightroom to Photo AI)

Here are the logs:
2022-07-27-08-55-55.tzlog (89.4 KB)

Thanks for the awesome software

1 Like