Topaz Photo AI v0.3

Do you run into such lines in every image and with any filter/settings? If you can recreate this again and send me your log file, please. You can get it from Help > Open Log Folder. Thank you.

Can you please send this image through Dropbox? Thank you!

Thanks, Richard. We’re aware of Autopilot saying the noise level is low (and image is in focus) when it isn’t. This will be addressed in a future update.

If you can send us this image as well, it’d be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Hello yazi, it is shown in the updated preview as well as in the final saved and processed image, not in the original view. I uploaded both an original image plus a screenshot where you see the ghostlines again. In this test I used the auto settings. The file name is Imo_2022_07_25.zip. :blush:

1 Like

I will do more tests. Here are the log files.
log files.zip (69.2 KB)

1 Like

This is intended behavior because if no AI filters are used, the upscaling will be typical bilinear interpolation or something else and the results won’t be as good by only resizing the image. Please let us know if you have any other feedback or thoughts about this!

Done.

1 Like

Thanks, Stefan. Will look into this.

Awesome - thank you!

Thanks, Christian. Our developer @adam.mains is also going to join the call.

Hi Yazi - I’ve sent 3 photos to Dropbox per your rqst. :desktop_computer: :computer_mouse:

1 Like

Fast and automatic. Generates mild, but effective picture quality improvement. Like it, but I do not see basic things like rotating the image, cropping etc. Likely my insufficient knowledge of the workflow process

1 Like

I sent them to your dropbox with file name CKP7532.NEF and also put my user name HotGates thank you;)

1 Like

The problem is a general one with single image editing of a RAW file. I get the same problem if send a RAW file directly from Mac Finder. Get message about saving back as TIFF but then cannot open the output file.

On1 PhotoRAW supports calling Photoshop filters and calling PhotoAI as a filter does work.

Win11. PAI .3. Autopilot On - Standalone vers.

Autopilot thinks this image is in focus. It is very blurry
 (Sorta starting to feel like a Magic 8 Ball - just randomly selects answers that don’t map to what the facts are).

I’ll send the dng (if it will take it) via Dropbox, Yazi

1 Like

Received. Thank you!

1 Like

Are you right-clicking an image in Finder and selecting Open With > Topaz Photo AI? If you are, can you please try using the Browse button in the software or dragging and dropping the image onto the app interface once it’s open? If none of these options help, please send me the RAW file and your log file from Help > Open Log Folder through Dropbox. Thank you!

No problems opening RAW file from within Photo AI application and then saving back as TIFF. Right-clicking and sending a TIFF from Finder works, overwriting the original file.

The only time it doesn’t work is if the file being sent from Finder (or a DAM application) is RAW when it is the creation of TIFF output file that doesn’t work.

Now I know that there is a limitation I can avoid that situation while experimenting with Beta. Reporting as a bug that you may wish to look at.

Hi Yazi, will get it to you in a couple of days 
 just out of home at the moment.

1 Like