Topaz Photo AI v0.3

Here are 2 notes on ease of use:

• If you zoom in or out, e.g. in single image view, and then switch the display to split screen or side-by-side, the zoom factor automatically jumps back to 100%.
  • No matter which display mode is selected before exiting the program, e.g. splitscreen, single screen view is always selected again when restarting the app.
    I find this annoying. What do you think?
2 Likes

Denoise option adds too much sharpeing to the image sometimes. Let us configure the intensity of every value in manual mode pls.

New autopilot mode doesn’t detect faces

Autopilot does detect faces, if you want manual mode just turn Autopilot off.

I made a zoom in for a closer look to the strange ghost lines that appear in both my previews no matter if I use auto, cpu or gpu and which appear in the final result too:

I don’t know how that works. But I always actively select tiff and my files (so far :crossed_fingers:) all saved okay.

But I think the O.P. has replied that they’re using an Apple (vs Win), so perhaps the issue is related to OS

No it doesn’t. Here a test with a random low resolution but “nice” quality photo of internet:

First mode: autopilot. No face detection, only denoise filter with low noise reduction and some oversharpening.

https://i.imgur.com/tAs9Vni.jpg

Second mode: 6x enhance. Still autopilot mode. Still no face detection.

https://i.imgur.com/hFTD8CX.jpg

Third mode: 6x enhance in manual mode with face detection on. Much better.

https://i.imgur.com/EuLJ3bH.jpeg

I am with you!

I prefer apps be “sticky” and retain users’ last used settings until we change them. Including, but not limited to, retaining a full screen display, last selected View and position of models in a 4 quadrant Comparison View.

But then I don’t like it when the maids in hotels keep resetting the positions of a room’s amenities (or moving my bags) to suit what they’re trained to do for new guests when I am there for an extended stay

1 Like

Win11 Pro. AMD RX6800 XT.

Testing Ps 2022 Plugin vers.

I decided to be experimental and see what the AutoPilot would do with partially masked (and fully masked) faces from ComicCon 

AutoPilot didn’t like that - increasingly people have face masks on during the pandemic. Any way to train the AI for that?

PAI .3 didn’t turn on Face Recovery. And, it didn’t sharpen a low res blurry test image.

I like this version. It does however say the noise level in this image is low! But fixes it anyway.

1 Like

Just installed v3 and it tells me I can’t login because I don’t own the product???

This one has done something odd with the bits of debris in the sand in the foreground. It doesn’t quite look right at 100% but obvious at 200% and 400%. Its an area of the image I wouldn’t sharpen doing it manually.

This is less a problem when I use a tiff, that I thin k had some editing done first.

Belay my last
 I figured it out

1 Like

Fred,

Do you already own DAI, GAI & SAI?

Yes
 I sorted it out and it’s working now
I skimmed over the process in the first post
 “reading is fundamental”
 Thanks

2 Likes

Yes, well I’ve been there, done that! Glad you got it working! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Experimenting more with the Ps 2022 Plugin (Win11 Pro desktop PC - AMD processor).

I’m finding that more often than not - Standalone & Plugin - Autopilot rarely activates Sharpening. It pretty much seems to think mostly all images I’ve run are in focus. Even if they aren’t. Either that or it thinks the nominal (gratuitous?) amt of sharpening that’s inherent to Denoise is enough 
 (Herr Pilot doesn’t say, so I don’t know).

This image I just tested (after playing with it in Boris FX) definitely benefited from me turning off Autopilot & manually adding Sharpening in PAI. It was a quite noticeable difference - I think for the better.

There seem to be a fair number of testers posting similar experiences (from what I’ve read). Is there a way to goose up (tech term) the sensitivity of the sensing in the model (lower its acceptance threshold vs the current high bar) to trigger the need for sharpening? Is there some contrast ratio that can be adjusted to be more sensitive to the need for sharpening that Autopilot initiates?

v0.3 updated nicely over v0.2. With respect to a few tested images, the autopilot seems to do a good job of identifying issues with an image. One feature that would be nice to see changed is with the resize. Instead of getting a warning that the “Enhance” needs to be on. Could Enhance not be activated when the user attempts to resize?

Thank you, Ken. We’ve received the images and will look into them.

We haven’t worked on the integrations with other editors other than Photoshop & Lightroom Classic just yet. It’s on our roadmap though and will look into the both editors that you mentioned. Thank you!

Can you please send me this image to Dropbox? If you can also send me your log files from Help > Open Log Folder from the same session, that’d be great. Thank you!