Topaz Photo AI: Autopilot for Image Quality

For me no free photo ai i have Denoise and Sharpen but no Giga.
Why i don’t understand.

Because in Photo AI you get the functions from the three programs DeNoise, Sharpen and Gigapixel it is fair to have the appropriate licenses for them.
Even if it is currently a “pre-beta pre-release version”.

Hmmm, i wouldn’t call this a completely new product per say since all you did was take your existing tool set and turn it into one. The good news is, it is about time and the better news is your not trying to get people to pay for when they already have the tools it combines. So all in all this is a win and good job consolidating the mess.

I’ll be testing it this week for sure with all the work i have ahead of me after being off for a month! It’s always nice to come back from a long veca and be greeted with feature rich updates and better tools to handle the workflow madness.

great work

As requested several times in the posts above, please post in the correct thread.

With the consolidation of Ggigapixel, Sharpening and Denoise into Topaz Photo AI, it appears Topaz Labs has modified its subscription plan, now designating “seats” for license. I went to the website today to extend my license on a couple of Topaz products for another year, and added Photo AI to my Topaz apps. After installing, I attempted to run Topaz Photo AI and got a pop-up indicating I had exceeded my number of licensed seats, and the process roadmap ended with a message begging for an additional money to Topaz Labs. I have filed a support ticket.

There isn’t a “Subscription Plan” as the last product version that you have purchased is considered a perpetual license. This applies whether or not you have purchased a “Upgrade Plan”.

As for the limited number of seats, you have only ever been allowed to install and use on 2 PCs.

As for the pop-up notifying you you have exceeded seats it has happened many times with many people during this testing process. Mostly, if you click on the blue notice, it will reset the seats you are using and you can just continue unless it is the first time. If not just post in the thread for the version you are using and the devs will correct the issue … else just raise a support request as you have already done.

Remember this is a pre-release version and, as such, you should expect that issues will arise during the testing that you undertake. Also please remember you get Photo AI ONLY if you own Sharpen AI, DeNoise AI and GigaPixel AI with a current upgrade plan, and it is at no extra cost.

I always interpreted that as being able to use on 2 PCs at the same time, not a restriction on how many it can be installed on. I’ve never been asked to log out on previous Topaz software, always had 3-4 PCs logged in but been careful to only launch on 2 at a time. As I have both a Mac and PC laptop, a slower Linux desktop where compatibility is sketchy and a Windows desktop where its primarily used. Switching between them has never been an issue.

Especially in an early- access/Beta, it makes even less sense to be strict about installs as it discourages people from testing different hardware if you have to mess around logging in all the time.

It might seem minor, but my main AI box only uses a small fiddly bluetooth keyboard so typing in the password is awkward (and also why I hate the omission of pre-defined scales now) so I’d want that PC ALWAYS to be verified, with only the second seat being transferable. I guess this is how its supposed to work though as it only ever shows 1 PC logged in and forces me to log that out, implying only a single seat.

1 Like

I had a similar situation. I was using it on a desktop and when I tried to use it on my laptop it wanted me to buy another “seat”. I contacted support and they said that for now I could just keep logging out of one machine and using it on another. I would hope that when it officially releases we could use it on multiple machines without having to do that.

1 Like

Has never been so … Here is an extract from the license agreement “1 . LICENSE GRANT. Topaz Labs LLC grants you a license to use ONE (1) copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any TWO (2) computers for as many licenses as you purchase”

You can read the whole agreement here:

So does “ONE (1) copy of the version of this SOFTWARE” not also imply you can’t have multiple different versions on the same computer? A common use case for some people based on what I’ve seen in discussions.

I also think it could be clearer, as what does “one copy on two computers” mean?
That could be interpreted as “two computers running the same version at the same time” or “two computers but only one running it at a time”.

I mean technically “one copy” can’t be on two computers, its by definition two copies. It also implies you can’t have different versions installed at all, very confused messaging. I suspect you’ll have a lot of angry users if you start to actually enforce this.

I totally appreciate not wanting businesses to buy one copy and go to town, but theres a lot of us that are just one person trying to be efficient with our resources and sometimes a need to switch hardware due to different performance requirements.

1 Like

It says that each is a single license and you can install on 2 computers. You can only use 1 at a time, not more, as that is what u bought. It is laid out in the license.

Three comments:

First, this would be killer as a plug-in extension for Apple’s Photos app. Please add that functionality.

Secondly, bravo. Combining and simplifying these apps is the right approach.

Lastly, I paid for the photo upgrade plan for a second year, well into 2024, but it looks like upgrades for Topaz Photo AI extend only through 2023 and are excluded from my existing upgrade plan. If the goal of this product is to eventually replace the other three (meaning that the other three receive less new features and attention as time goes on), it seems silly to have purchased a longer-term upgrade plan for them and will make me think twice about paying for long-term product upgrades in the future when the main product may change. I think the best solution is for Topaz to integrate this into users’ existing photo upgrade plans to avoid jilting them.

2 Likes

Please read the FAQ in the first post.

Is the VEAI license the same so people who are running multiple instances on high-end hardware to get around the lack of GPU utilisation are technically in breach of the license? Kinda problematic if so.

You really need to ask support.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v0.9

@eric

So Gigapixel is dead ? or Topaz Labs will be support Gigapixel and Photo AI ?

I would suggest it is not dead as you need to have up to date copies in order to run Photo AI, as noted in the first post in this thread.

What is your point?

2 Likes