Sharpen AI v4.1.0

In your case it should be in C:\ProgramData and then the Topaz Labs LLC sub-folder …

If there is nothing there try right clicking on the Icon and select Run as administrator…

Sounds like you need to open a support ticket.

They’ll ask you to submit details about your system as part of the Spt Request.

I’m assuming you’re using an OS & RAM that meet the System Requirements for running the programs. Did you chk that on the Topaz website? I’d check there 1st. If you’re on spec, try Topaz Tech Spt from their main website.

They continually make enhancements & some might obsolete some gear.

Good luck!

You must look under Program Data on the C: drive (or whichever drive you installed the programs to). I listed the full folder hierarchy above. Don’t start at the Topaz LLC tier of the hierarchy or you won’t find the desired logs.

Hope you get it fixed okay!

Program Data is a hidden folder, you either need to set explorer options to show hidden files & folders or manually put C:\ProgramData into the navigation bar to get there.

1 Like

The right click on the explorer icon didn’t work. I then found this site that shows 4 ways to run the File Explorer as an administrator. I went through them all and none of them work. :frowning:

Thank you! I found ProgramData!

Just a reminder about what I wrote.

By the way, I did submit a support request, but it is the weekend so I am waiting and trying to figure out what is going on since I have used the Topaz programs fine for about a year, until the sudden problem that started a few days ago.

Any of these are continuously looped

Pour moi, ça ne marche pas. Si je le connecte au réseau, il fonctionne. Mais je n’ai pas le modèle standard dans le dossier des modèles. ni la fonction de masquage. And in the software, it does not appear unless the network is active. This is very annoying

Sharpen AI does not know how to work with Sony RAW files (ARW).

When i open the ARW file in Sharpen AI i see color profile messed up when output file color shift and haze happens all over the image regardless what export format i use DNG, JPG or TIF.

When i save ARW as TIF in Photoshop and import to Sharpen AI it outputs properly without messing up colors.

I just tried a Sony ARW image using the standalone SAI (Win 10 desktop PC).

With the image I just tested, the colors are all fine & accurate and reflect what my Sony camera captured - both while working with it in the SAI interface & as a saved output from SAI. I saved from the original ARW to a TIFF. I capture in camera as an Adobe RGB & I saved as an Adobe RGB (when in the SAI save as settings panel).

I think sometimes diff. images seem to behave in diff ways in the software (for some reason beyond my pay grade…). What is the image that you used? Can you post before, after and during (ie, in the SAI UI) snips of what you saw? Did you change b/wn colorspaces when you saved?

Pls. see my labelled snips below.

It is best to use TIF as output from SharpenAI and use ProPhotoRGB as the color space.

A general note to all users about the use of DNG Format:

• DNG output does NOT give a RAW file, just a converted image in a TIF format with profile
  • RAW images are ONLY produced in camera
  • Not every application can read every profile used in DNGs as there is no fixed standard and, typically, applications create a profile that they can read
  • DNG is an archive format and you can create a DNG from all types of images, RAW included

My recommendation is to use TIF output with a wide gamut color profile such as ProPhotoRGB and there will be no compatibility issues.

4 Likes

I’m with you on the tiff part, but I’ve experienced serious color shifts in my images when ProFoto was the default Topaz colorspace…when I use Adobe RGB all is copacetic (in the commercial products).

Try this ARW file UPLOAD.EE - File does not exist not the best example, but shows difference in end result if you open original and Sharpen AI output file in Photoshop and copy paste one over another then show/hide top layer you can see difference in colors.

Not sure about that since with regular TIF if open in Photoshop ACR does not offer Basic > White Balance and Optics > Remove Chromatic Aberrations settings, however with RAW and DNG it does show this options.

1 Like

This can be set in the camera raw settings.

Otherwise create a DNG from an ARW RAW and see if Imaging Edge Desktop can open it.

The busy indicator appears while its running the model. Sharpen will download required models on demand, however once the model is stored locally it will continue to work offline forever.

As for it loading forever, that sounds like a bug and you can contact us at our support page.

1 Like

I tried the ARW image in SAI 4.1. Saved the Std model as a TIFF. Then opened that in Ps ACR and made some slider changes there. I just find I usually have to process my raw images to get colors & tones the way I want them (Topaz prods. used or not). Here’s what I saw in the various stages of experimenting:

Image (Sony ARW) in SAI Standalone Comparison View:

Before/Orig. (Std) in SAI Split View:

Processed Preview (Std model) in SAI Split View:

TIFF (snip of) Saved Output from SAI (Std Model):

Ps ACR processed View of the SAI TIFF in Ps: [Horizon adjust, Basics Adjust, Vibrance, Clarity/Texture]

Oddly, if I connect to the network, the autohide works and the standard model also works. But under no circumstances with any image it will download the autohide templates and standard template. Whether GPU or CPU. And as soon as I disconnect from the network. No more standard template and auto-hide no longer works. also note that the automatic mode to choose the model according to the image is also broken when it is not on the network. It will always choose the “Too soft - very Blurry” model. Whereas with network it will choose +/- correctly depending on the image. It is not normal that the software must be connected to the network to work properly if it already has all models downloaded.

Please contact support as requested.