Sharpen AI v4.1.0

Are you allowing the program internet access? The Standard model won’t show up unless you do. If that’s not the problem you can download the models here: Sharpen 4.0 or 4.1 Model Download Is Slow Or Not Working - Topaz Labs

I don’t believe that any compressed DNGs can be opened anywhere but in Adobe products. Especially HDR and Panorama which use floating point compression.

Well…Affinity, Pixelmator, ON1 have no issues with the same files. Perhaps other apps work as well, but, these are the ones I have and all of them work fine on the compressed DNG files.

I have shifted to the compressed DNG files since most of the images go to the web, it is a lot smaller and faster to deal with. I just archive my original raw files in case I really need the detail for print.

Thanks. I’m downloading it now and I’ll try after.

Good luck!

by adding the other models, I saw that I didn’t have everything. However, I still don’t have the standard model. At least not in offline mode. I noticed that the software has to be connected to the internet to have the Standard template. And that’s a shame. So the big question is why have offline models if not to use the software connected to the internet to use the standard model? It should also be added as an offline model.

1 Like

Yes, I’m not too sure what the thinking is there. I believe other functionality (such as auto-masking) also requires an internet connection in order to function. Bit of a nuisance if you’re working on a laptop out of range of your wifi network.

2 Likes

Unless you download all models when you install or the first time you start SharpenAI you will need to be connected to the internet when you use it, all products require you to download for offline or have a internet connection when you use models that are not on your PC. Standard Model does not mean that it is the default model to run SharpenAI but a model for processing.

There is no requirement for you to be attached to the internet for auto-masking to work.

1 Like

That’s odd. I did download all the models at first launch and the auto-masking doesn’t work unless I’m connected to the internet. Perhaps I need to uninstall and do a clean re-install.

I am on Win10 using Sharpen AI 4.1.0. Is there someplace on my computer where Topaz keeps a log or something that might help me diagnose some sudden strange behavior that started 4 days ago? The sudden problem started at the same time for Sharpen AI, Denoise AI, and Gigapixel AI. I am trying to figure out what is going on.

Hi Henry - Have you looked in the Help menu for each of the products you’ve developed issues with?

There should be a way to find your (dated & timestamped) logs in that pulldown menu.

If not they’d be under Drive: (where program is installed) Program Data > Topaz LLC > [program name] > Logs

That’s it when I use the automatic mask, it loops indefinitely?
Aach time I have to do it manually. It’s so annoying. Why did you make the standard model and the auto masking for online use. I wonder. I would have preferred these 2 functions to be offline.

1 Like

All 3 programs refuse to start. 5 days ago they were all fine and have been for months. Then 4 days ago they all suddenly stopped starting up. For about 1-2 seconds I get a white screen with the logo and name in the upper left corner, but then it disappears and the program doesn’t start. No chance to use the Help menu.

I had no Windows updates, no driver updates, no app updates in the couple of weeks before the sudden problem. Otherwise my PC runs fine with no problems.

1 Like

I checked in:

Topaz LLC\Topaz Denoise AI\Logs
Topaz LLC\Topaz Sharpen AI\Logs
Topaz LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI\Logs

All are empty.

1 Like

Please specify your GPU, vRAM for the GPU and Driver version.

LOGS

You need to look in the following directory on Windows:

\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Sharpen AI\Logs which will be on the drive where you installed the application.

Note this applies to all apps where the logs are in the directory under the ProgramData directory

Please be specific about which of the options in the Select tool you are using:

and

FYI here is a screenshot of using the Standard model & Select (Masking) when offline:

Okay, I was checking in:

C:\Program Files\Topaz LLC\Topaz Denoise AI\Logs

I cannot find a folder named ProgramData in C:\ – where is it located?

GPUs:

Nvidia MX250 2gb – driver 31.0.15.1659 6/23/2022
Intel UHD 620 – driver 30.0.101.1994 5/13/2022

CPU: i7-8565U
RAM: 32gb

After the problem started 4 days ago I updated to these drivers. They did not fix the problem though.

1 Like

It sounds like something has changed on your PC in that time as the MX250/2GB meets the minimum requirements, note that the Intel HD620 wont run the app but it will run on CPU.

You will need to talk to support and you can raise a support request at this link by clicking on the blue Icon in the bottom RH corner and select send an email:

Thank you. I just came here to try to find the logs. I am not expecting anyone here to troubleshoot, etc. I just want to see if something shows up in the logs that might give me a clue. I still can’t find a folder named ProgramData.