Sharpen AI v4.1.0

Yeah I went to the support page but it is absent of contact info.

(Trying to share a screenshot but forum won’t let me even though it has a media upload option in the editor here.)

You just click on the link I posted and a Support Box pops up… all you have to do is click on the option to email them or call them… I just got to that page the same way I noted above.

Got it, thanks. I wasn’t seeing that due to my ad blocker.

1 Like

Glad you got it!

Reminds me of a line Det. Monk used to say regularly (slightly altered for this context…) in the TV series “Monk”. [Ad Blockers] “they’re a blessing. And, a curse.”

Sharpen AI always crashes on my MacBook Pro (Intel) at the end of processing. No sharpened file is created. The software is useless for me. Un- and re-install didn’t help.

1 Like

Just wondering…

4.1 was released on 2021/3/24. For many companies that would not be so long ago, but Topaz has been releasing new updates every 2-3 weeks since I bought more than a year ago. Suddenly, Sharpen AI and Denoise AI have gone very quiet for months. Company layoffs?

1 Like

Henry,

I’ve seen a number of ads from Topaz advertising that they’re hiring … including on Instagram.

I still use SAI & DAI almost daily.

Maybe a mass exodus of good software engineers so they are trying to replace them? Something seems strange after the pattern I have seen for over a year…

Not sure where you got your release info from.
Topaz Sharpen AI 4.1 was released on 24/03/2022.

3 Likes

Major releases are typically a bit further apart than that. Sharpen v4.1 just hasn’t had a patch release in awhile. It’s actually part of a new initiative focusing on more stable major releases that don’t require bug fix patches. I assure you there we’re all still here, working hard.

1 Like

Sorry for the typo. Of course, I meant 2022/3/24. About 2.5 months ago.

Okay, good to hear. Thanks.

It intrigues me that the automatically selected model doesn’t change when I select a subject. I gather the selection is based on the whole image. If I have an in focus subject on a blurry background and I select the model I’d expect the model to change but it doesn’t. (Or at least it doesn’t for me)

Whenever I open an image in Sharpen (no matter whether it’s the standalone app or via Lightroom plugin or Photoshop filter), Sharpen process the image twice. The progress bar at the bottom right shows “Loading…” then “Updating…” and just before you expect the result it starts to “Updating…” again, the color of the bar turning shortly into red.

Is this intended behavior?

I have often experienced the same bhvr. Win 10. Standalone & Ps plugin.

And, am not fond of it b/c it’s a time waster.

Oh thank goodness - I thought it was just me!

Files compressed with lossy compression using the the Adobe DNG converter are not being opened as they should. It seems that sharpen only opens the jpg preview in the dng instead of the raw data. This is a serious bug on Windows 11!

Seems to be the same issue on DeNoise as well…

In 4.1.0 there’s problem saving DNG generated by DxO Photo Lab. It loads fine, previews fine, however when saving writes “Finishing” and it keeps running forever without ever finishing.

Is there any chance Sharpen can get a more streamlined and effective face enhancement model just like gigapixel did for upscaling? I find that a lot of the models dont bring back enough face detail. Something that would restore out of focus or motion blurred faces would be amazing. Similar to what Remini is capable of doing on their app. The model here would have to work well with small faces in the frame as well as larger ones that encompass the majority of the frame.

Just curious if this is in the pipeline?

Hello, anyone have an offline link of all Sharpen 4.1.0 models? Because I realized that I was missing the standard model. I have all the others but not this one. If someone can give me his complete file it would be great. I am on Windows 10 21H2