Sharpen AI v3.3

Ivan,

Did you not get in-app update alerts?

I always get them…

And, every couple months I go to the Downloads page to see if there are newer versions (with more or diff. features) listed relative to the versions I have installed.

I wasn’t pampered growing up so guess it was drilled into me to be proactive. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is very cool! Thx for posting it. I’m keeping a pointer to it for reference…

I appears that model preferences hs been removed from v3.3.4 .

2 Likes

I uninstalled 3.3.4 and also deleted the Sharpen AI folders in my Windows AppData folder that were left hanging around. Then I reinstalled 3.3.4, but the berserk behavior is still there. :frowning: Over the last few months I have seen other people report this or similar bugs for earlier versions, but it never hit me until 3.3.4.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.3.4

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce MX250/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 471.41

CPU RAM: 32574 MB

Video RAM: 2048 MB

Preview Limit: 4258 Pixels

Uninstalled old version and installed the new version. The new version just crashes. The window doesn’t even stay up longer than a second. v3.3.4

Go out of Lightroom and launch the standalone and sign in. Then the within-LR app usually works.

All working fine on my system now (Win10, AMD CPU and GPU). It gets confused at times when I try lots of repeated model changes and have about 8 GB of Lightroom RAM in play, but otherwise does fine.

This is almost comical. I have been patiently waiting for WEEKS on a response as to why Topaz Sharpen will not load on my system. Its just hangs. Same for both plugin and standalone The only feedback I have received thus far per my support requests are, make sure my monitor is plugged into my video card, not the pc/motherboard.

I guess I messed up and didnt attach a picture of proof, so my second response after I stated that yes, the monitor is plugged into my card was that a picture was still necessary.

did that as well…

still waiting. Im patient, but maybe someone on here has had a similar issue resolved that can chime in? Nothing happens when I attempt to load either version. However it does show up on my task manager as an app running.

AMD Threadripper system with geforce 3070 - windows 11 - displayport connection.

thanks

Hi Anthony,

I’m not seeing anything in the preferences for model manager, or anything about advanced options anywhere.

Can also confirm update check from 3.3.3 did not report the 3.3.4 update was available.

Also the standard has been to post new versions at the top of the forum thread so people notice when a new version is released

Looking forward to the image quality fixes.

Thanks

1 Like

It sems the update check is broken since version 3.3.2. Didn’t get any updates since them automatically. Download and install 3.3.3. and 3.3.4 manual. Must login after download :frowning:

does the update fix anything? because I SWEAR since updating it puts more noise into the image than anything.

I don’t see that as here is a EOS 5D mk3 image at 25600ISO and you can see the result in the split screen, using ONLY Auto model and Auto model parameters …

1 Like

Sorry everyone, the update was pulled over night due to an issue with authenticating causing people to be put in trial mode incorrectly. This will be fixed ASAP and the update restored.

1 Like

Anthony, is there supposed to be a model manager? I can’t find the “Advanced” option anywhere, either. Thank you.

No, but I understand the confusion. We’d renamed a element related to the model manager, and added it to the changelog. At a later time we decided to disable the model manager for now, but didn’t remove the now unnecessary line item from the changelog. When 3.3.4 is restored the changelog will be updated accordingly.

I find that new versions always show trial status on launch from Lightroom, but work when loaded standalone once and thereafter in Lightroom.

Will I need to download and install 3.3.4 again after it is re-released? Or is the change only in the authentication server and not the program itself?

1 Like

Hopefully the re-release of 3.3.4 will fix the few remaining issues with models, I missed it’s first release.

Instead of re-releasing it as 3.3.4, we did another patch version bump to 3.3.5, so anyone with 3.3.4 will get a notice to update.

v3.3.5
Released December 16th, 2021

Windows: Online | Full
Mac: Online | Full

Fixes

• Fixed image quality issues (pixel shift and halos) in majority of cases (updating the current model version)
  • Fixed trial mode warning appearing in the wrong situations
  • Fixed update dialogs not appearing
  • Fixed crash when using edge aware in masking
  • Fixed login dialog not closing when it should under specific conditions
  • Fixed grain slider not re-generating the preview
  • Fixed grain slider not marking comparison view frames as not updated
  • Fixed issues with update preview button when AUP is off
  • Fixed various issues with updating comparison view frames
  • Fixed update preview button not updating when switching comparison view frames
  • Fixed updated status not resetting when AUP is off
  • Fixed comparison view preview status flickering when changing settings with AUP off
  • Fixed logic for opening in standalone vs external editor mode
  • Fixed auto mask not being respected when batch processing
  • Fixed images not being removed from file list after batch processing in external editor mode
  • Fixed users with expired licenses but own 3.3.X being placed in trial mode
  • Fixed plugin mode giving processing errors in certain situations

Changes

• Model versions now appear in more places
  • Models that need to be downloaded are now italicized in the model selector
  • Added link to the learning center in the help menu
  • Reworded welcome message to not acknowledge tutorials
  • Reworded “Updates not available” dialog
  • Exit out of file saving mode when opening a file after processing completes
  • Switching to comparison view now marks all selected rows to manual model selection, not just the visible one
  • Checking an image while in comparison view sets it manual model selection
  • Disabled model manager preferences panel
  • Mask mode now starts with the subtract brush selected
  • Registry entries and plist files are now deleted when Sharpen is uninstalled
  • Additional validation steps for resource and models directories within the installer
  • Improvements to how mac links plugins
2 Likes

Well done. No halos with any of the 3.3.5 models, as long as you don’t overdo the sharpening. Nice one.