Sharpen AI v3.2

Version 3.2.2 is running at about 1/10th the speed of 3.2.1.

Seems to be a large backward step.

I confirm. The GPU is a bit slower than the CPU now. On the CPU for a image 2832 x 1344, It takes about 7.42 seconds and in GPU mod, It takes about 14,61 seconds.

But as soon as I uncheck the “allow model downloding” button, it returns to its usual speed.

To the very disturbing point, I’ve already said it several times but it’s obviously still not solved. When will you fix this?

The problem has been there since 3.1.1. Impossible to use the “too soft” mode with the GPU. I have systematically this small popup saying that my driver is not up to date.
It’s very very annoying.

1 Like

New WQHL Game Ready driver out.

Maybe does include my feedback to nvidia.
Had big issues with the drivers after may.

471.96 WHQL

Fixed:
[CUDA][Turing/Volta GPUs]: Stability issues with Topaz Denoise AI. [200755368]

Maybe someone give it a try.

Maybe they adressed the whole problem with TL software

If 471.96 doesn’t solve your issue try reverting to 462.xx Studio driver from May and that should be OK.

Split preview does not work anymore?

My split preview is working okay. You have to be sure the Preview has finished processing before using the vertical divider or you won’t see any difference.

But, FYI Topaz Staff, “Suppress” is spelled wrong (it’s written 'Supress") in the ‘?’ Tool Tip pop-out for Suppress Noise

1 Like

Hi, Sharpen AI worked well until I installed version 3.2.2 and now it’s causing problems fixing “soft” mode. It will only work if preferences are set to cpu processing. I have the latest nvidia software driver and would prefer to be able to use it or at least use the auto processing mode. How can I fix this please?

Firstly please go to Help, Graphics Info., press Copy then paste the info here.

Cynthia, You might want to do a quick scan up through previous comments above to see what issues others using NVIDIA rptd they are having & what is needed from Nvidia’s development end

this version 3.2.2 is much slower as a plug-in. The Apply is not practical. Urgently correct this situation. Version 3.2.1 was much faster.

I have the 471.96 studio version. And I had already retested with the 462 and the result remains unchanged.

Thanks for replying. Here is the information you asked for:

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.2

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 471.68

CPU RAM: 32637 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 7931 Pixels

Just found this post. This is the exact same problem I’m having. I also updated the NVIDIA driver and it still happens. It only works if the processor is set to CPU which isn’t what I want. Sharpen worked fine until I updated to 3.2.2.

Revert to 462.xx, the May driver, and it should be ok.

1 Like

Hi. I’ve just upgraded Sharpen AI to 3.2.2 - Big mistake Literally about 5x longer to upload image and 3x longer to process. Please tel me how to revert to previous version.

Thanks

Paul

You should be posting in the correct thread, here not a DeNoise thread.

Please go to Help, Graphics info., press Copy and post the info here.

Check in preferences to see if it is set to GPU. Mine reverted to CPU with the update which runs much slower.

Testing the “471.96-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql” driver right now and it does work.

But its a gaming driver, not a Studio Driver - the Studio/Pro driver is still not out.

In the Case the Nvidia Control Panel was not installed:

Open Start > Run < wsreset.exe, right click open as admin.

This will reinstall the Windows store, the Nvidia Panel comes via the Windows Store not by the driver anymore, after this when you open the Control Panel it should be installed right.
__
__
The Halos are still there when i make use of the GPUs but when i use the CPU the quality is OK (No Halos).

4 Likes