Sharpen AI v3.2

Open Sharpen AI and go to Help, Graphics info., press the Copy button and paste the info here please.

Here we go:

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.2.2

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 27.20.100.8854

CPU RAM: 16264 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

The performance problem occurs with GPU (understandably), but also with CPU, which is not the case with versions that allow OpenVino such as 2.2.2 I am using right now on the machine. Ih am not aware of if OpenVino ist being used with 3.2 because the switch that activates it is no longer present.

You are right, OpenVINO is no longer used as the AI engine is from Video Enhance AI.

It may be worth your whole to raise a support request and ask the question about OpenVINO in the future

1 Like

3.2 is painfully slow on my M1 Mac to the point that is nearly unusable.

Please raise a support request at the main website as this is a user to user forum.

Thanks. I will do that.

Has anyone tried Sharpen AI on any of the desktop AMD Ryzen APUs (e.g. 3400G, 4650G, 5600G)? Iā€™m thinking of updating my 3rd-gen i5 + GT1030, but with the shortage of graphics cards Iā€™ve been contemplating getting the 5600G and adding a better discrete GPU when they become available.

e-bay gets flooded with used Turing cards.

1 Like

SAI 3.2.1 on my 16gb M1 Mac mini is running without issues. This is with Native revs of LrC 10.4 and Ps 22.5, with over 380gb available on the M1 SSD.

1 Like

Hi All. Where can I download all optimized models to keep them locally (and in which folder?) so that the program does not go every time to the Internet? I know such links for Gigapixel and VEAI model download but did not see for Sharpen and Denoise. Thanks.

1 Like

I know this has been mentioned many, many, many times, but why does it still introduce Red/Green pixels where there were none before; even on Black and White images?

See attached results and original source image. If you can get a clean, sharp image, whatā€™s your setup?

Kitten-snapshot2

Use it as a photoshop plugin and set the sharpen ai layer to ā€œluminanceā€.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been going around in circles, so decided to start with a very simple image; a Windows 7 Desktop background.

Using the attached, see if you can produce a result that isnā€™t objectively worse than the original. Best viewed at 200% Preview to make sure you can see the details better.

I experienced colour shifts, extra noise, over-sharpened haloing along lines, and patches of different colours (purplish blotches in the blues). Only by turning down the Blur and Noise suppression sliders to very low levels could I remove the additional artifacts. The results were then hardly different to the original and nothing that looked much different to that produced with a standard Sharpen or Unsharp Mask.

Gigapixel AI produces noticeably sharper and cleaner results with magnification only set to x1.00, e.g. 100% same size output as input, effectively making SAI redundant in itā€™s current form.

Itā€™s been this way for the year or so that Iā€™ve been playing with both of them and SAI never seems to catch up. Perhaps SAI could take GAIā€™s results as a baseline and start from there, as there should be a great deal of overlap but they seem to be independently pursuing the same goal?

Iā€™m getting the same error. And I also have the Nvidia Studio drivers 471.68. And Sharpent AI 3.2.1 ā€œToo Softā€ will not run in GPU mode. Works fine in CPU mode.

If you have a RTX downgrade to the last stable Studio version 462.xx it is an issue NVIDIA is working on.

I am using the latest stable driver 471.68. I works fine with my other photo editing apps and other digital arts apps (Daz Studio / Iray, Moi3D, 3D Coat, Blender, ArtRage, Rebelle, Corel Painter and others) all work fine. Only Topaz Lab apps have an issue.

All I know is that NVIDIA are working on the issue, all those apps (if they use AI) wont be using the same engines using the same processing method.

1 Like

Do Denoise AI, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI run native M1 on Apple?

Firstly donā€™t cut, copy and paste the same question in multiple threads. Secondly, if you want answers to technical questions check the FAQs on the support website and if your question isnā€™t answered there raise a support request ā€¦ M1 support is answered here but itā€™s not a simple yes or no ā€¦

ā€œPlugins for DeNoise AI and Sharpen AI are M1 native and will work natively with Photoshop 22.3 and above, which are M1 native Photoshop versions. Our other plugins will not show up on Photoshop 22.3 or higher unless you run Photoshop through Rosetta 2.ā€

Okay, the plugins for 2 are M1 native, but the standalones are not. :frowning: I use the standalones.