Sharpen AI v3.0

You are lucky. By me ver.3.0.0. crashes after few seconds after the program appears on the screen

Don’t post in multiple categories.

I just installed the new AI Sharpen and I’m disappointed with the results. I used a close up a rose bud, but missed my focus; I was too lazy to use a tripod and the focus staking feature of my camera. So, I thought AI 3 could bring back a little of the detail. It could not. Rendering seemed slower that v.2 and actually made the image worse, in my opinion. I’m attaching the before and after screen grabs. I would be glad to send the RAW file, but the file type is not supported on this forum. Let me know how I can upload it to you.

Thanks, Jim

And now it crashes whilst batch processing!
How can I get a copy of 2.2.4 to re-install?

Sharpen AI 3 actually makes my images worse than the original when GPU processing is selected (Nvidia GT1030 with 2 GB RAM). Switching to CPU-only processing produces the expected improvement in sharpness but is slow. OpenVINO was available in 2.x but not in 3, and on my system OpenVINO was almost as fast as the GT1030.

I also prefer the old “stabilize”, “focus”, and “sharpen” modes instead of the new labels.

I will also be going back to version 2 for now. Pity.

4 Likes

Yo estoy igual, no funciona Sharpen ni Denoise 3.0.2.
MacOs 10.14.6 placa RADEON 570 4Gb procesador Intel Core i5 3.4GHz memoria 24GB

I downloaded and loaded Topaz Sharpen 3 . Seems to open and load an image but when it goes to sharpen it crashes. I wonder if this has got to with mac High Serria and mac book pro 2011. It din’t say what the requirements were for this update.
Cas

High Sierra should be OK, only macOS 10.12 Sierra and less do you need to revert to v2.1.8

Just check your preferences and let us know what your performance settings are.

it crashes with MacOS 10.14.6 … disappointed with this software

I have received an email to advise me that I have free Sharpen and de noise updates (free) but I cant download them as I get a message that my password is invalid. I correctly typed in my password which was used previously to get my free upgrade of Topaz video Enhance but it is not working for DeNoise or Sharpen. I cannot use help because I cant get past the "I have succesfully downloaded and restarted my computer " so I cannot respond to Topaz’ I purchased the complete suite of 8 programs in March this year and now I am unable to download my free updates. Does Topaz have a help chat line or what do I do. It would be great if you could actually talk to someone or at least get a help response without going through a bunch of questions asking for info you cannot give them.

If you cannot remember your password you can reset it from the login screen on the main website.

Note you do not need to login to download updates. They can be downloaded from the individual Product Release sections on this forum or directly from the Topaz Labs website.

ok, I don’ t know how it works. I was here to desperately find a help for making the Sharpen AI working again in my PC after the upgrade to ver. 3.0.0. Help that I haven’ t yet found therefore I suppose is not the right place to be.

You say it won’t start, is there any error? What is your technical environment?

I moved your post here because it is the right thread for the Sharpen AI v3 release. You had posted in 2 other threads.

Thanks for the info and help - but unfortunately there seems to be no Windows fullinstall of 2.x on the download pages - at least I couldn’t find them :frowning:

2.1.8 (as an example) is here:

You may have to scroll to the very top of the thread. Other versions should be available respectively.

Some additional information: the problem with the GT1030 output being much worse than the original file happens when I select “Motion blur” and “very blurry”. The preview when using the GT1030 is blurred even more than the original, but switching to CPU processing produces clean output but much slower. Using the GT1030 with “motion blur” and “normal” settings produces an image that is sharper than the original but not as clean as the CPU “very blurry” result.

The new version 3 is very disappointing.
Poor to use and poor in image results.
Instead of bringing new updates every week, it would be better to test the software.
This way you will only lose customers.

Hi thanks for your attention.
SYSTEM: windows 10 64bit.// AMD Radeon ™ R9 380 Series (Dedicated Memory: 4071 MB
Shared Memory: 8162 MB) // Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz// Memory: 16384MB RAM

Ver 3.0.0 crashes after few seconds the program tries to load a picture. No warnings/msgs. I disintalled and reinstalled the progr many times restarting the PC. No way. No log sending is possible, the program crashes before I can do anything. The former version worked super ok, also as Photoshop plug in. This last one is a disaster.

I wish I had looked here before upgrading, but I wasn’t expecting the upgrade to be a retro step. Previous updates have worked for me without any issues. It’s very disappointing to find that main benefits of the update are not working as stated.
I processed (from scratch) a couple of images that I previously processed in SAI ver 2 hoping the new engine would further improve them. The results are very poor, they look worse than the SAI ver 2, the images exhibited halos, as well as a lack of clarity. I also found that it is taking twice as long to process, both in building the previews and applying the final finish.
I’m using the same Win 10 20H2, 64bit, Nvida GeForce 610 GT environment as with SAI ver2. This version (SAI ver3) needs to be pulled and these fundamentals addressed!

2 Likes

I too downloaded SAI ver 3 without first checking this page. (Actually at that time I gave up on trying to find up-to-date comments.)

I did not have any crashes, and the processing was much faster than my previous copy of Ver 2. At that stage I was happy. However, I then took two images that I had recently processed in Ver 2 using auto settings, and ran them through Ver 3 using auto settings. The results were very disappointing in both cases - less detail and worse halos.

I uninstalled Ver 3 and reinstalled Ver 2.2.4, which fortunately still seems to work well.

2 Likes