Sharpen AI v3.0

You wrote:
“That line was added in the DeNoise release…”
May be, but I copied from the release notes for SharpenAI 3.0.0 - see above - first post in this thread.

I think the confusion comes from your use of ‘online’ and ‘log out’. They imply internet connection. Sounds like the initial ‘login’ (online) sets a local token showing ownership. And that token is reset to un-owned (locally?) should you (even inadvertently) ‘log out’. That logout will reset the token and reactivate watermarking until you leave the woods and re-join society. LOL (Can you even log out if you can’t get online?)

Semantics and confusion aside, it sounds like Topaz’s intent that we can continue to use the latest version of the apps for which we’ve paid (with no watermarking) for the duration of our ownership, even if we no longer pursue upgrades or decline the annual ‘support fee’. Is that correct?

BTW - thank you for your attempts to provide solid answers!

1 Like

hen I try to update the software, my Mac crashes. Never happened before. Tried updating directly from the software and using the software installer. Had the same issue updating from the software with DeNoiser, but could update it with the software installer.

Guess I am stuck on the prior version till this gets solved

I’ll work on fixing these issues in DeNoise and pass them over to Sharpen as well. Likely can’t get all of them as some are very tricky (e.g., manual proc mask issue).

Yes you can via the account menu. Logging in requires a connection, but logging out just clears the login info locally.

Yes this is correct. If you had an upgrade license when a version is released you will own all patch level updates to that program (3rd number in the version). These will never revert to a watermark state if you own them and are logged in.

Which installer are you using; online or full?

I have just downloaded the most recent Sharpen, everything works correctly, except when I click on Too Soft, then "Application Error Pops up… This is the same as when I tried the Beta version… I have a GeForce RTX 2070 with the latest drivers…

Yeah you’re right, was best to try both. I was using online which was crashing the Mac every time, but full was fine. Thanks for that. Glad to see the app processes much more quickly.

1 Like

I tried using the full installer, and it still crashes on preview.

Hmm, using Sharpen AI since months daily and even upgrade today to 3.0, but I need to post this - sorry. Thats the slowest Version I’ve ever had installed on my I7 32GB NVME SSD Windows 10 using the Default NVIDIA GPU I ever had installed. And when autodetecting the a bird during auto-update preview will never show the bird marked. When applying the changes Lightroom only finds a defect file - happend 3 times with about sharpening 10 pictures … I want my 2.x version back :frowning:

I’m now back to 2.2.4 - Topaz response is that there are now min requirements to run 3.0.0. Seems Mac high Sierra- 8g ram with graphics: Amd Radeon hd 512M is insufficient.

1 Like

Most previous versions are available as full installer on the thread introducing the respective version. It is a bonus point of TopazLabs version policy that a downgrade to an earlier version can be done any time without much hassle. Just uninstall 3.0 and install what you were happy with before.

1 Like

Hmm, not really crazy about this “update”. :frowning_face: Images appear much more harsh, even when dialing back the settings. Also not too crazy about the new naming of the settings. It was more intuitive before this release. Uninstalled and went back to version 2.2.4 and getting much better results. I for one will gladly wait a tad longer for better images. Here’s the bottom line, if I was getting the results from this version when I trialed the software back in November, I never would have purchased it. The same can be said of the latest release of Denoise.

6 Likes

As reported by others, version 3.0 does not work on my desktop. When I open it with an image from Photoshop, it immediately tries to generate a preview, then reports “Error processing image, please try again. If problem persists try updating your device drivers or switching to a different AI processor in preferences.” I tried rebooting, as well as switching from GPU to CPU and back again, but still no joy.

Haven’t tried on my laptop yet, but am not much inclined…

If This Uses DirectX will it take Advantage of Hardware DirectX ?

just bought the update 3.00 have not been able too use it just stops and i have too close …what a load of crap want my money back

1 Like

I’ll also go back to v2. I do not like the new algorithm and its result.
V2.2.4 gives a more accurate and fine result.

4 Likes

What’s happened to Open Vino? Worked great on my 2020 iMac with 10 Cores. Now it doesn’t seem to support hyper threading and using GPU has now doubled my processing time! Batch processing is now taking forever on a fully specced and very fast mac.

You are lucky. By me ver.3.0.0. crashes after few seconds after the program appears on the screen

Don’t post in multiple categories.

I just installed the new AI Sharpen and I’m disappointed with the results. I used a close up a rose bud, but missed my focus; I was too lazy to use a tripod and the focus staking feature of my camera. So, I thought AI 3 could bring back a little of the detail. It could not. Rendering seemed slower that v.2 and actually made the image worse, in my opinion. I’m attaching the before and after screen grabs. I would be glad to send the RAW file, but the file type is not supported on this forum. Let me know how I can upload it to you.

Thanks, Jim