Sharpen AI v2.2.4

Thats exactly the issue I reported above. Opened a support ticket and supplied logs and a screen capture video but no word back yet.

I am currently working on this as a top priority and have a release candidate built and uploading at the moment. Hoping this can be resolved in a 2.2.1 release today or tomorrow.

1 Like

ā€œAutoā€ mode on ā€œSettingsā€ does NOT work.

Defaults to 50/50, auto update on. Move slider, Auto stays on. Expected behavior is it should turn off. Toggle Auto off, then toggle back on, manual setting stays the same.

Text on image bar, ā€œImage must be loaded to determine auto valuesā€. Image is loaded

No way to detect and use automatic settings.

Thereā€™s no way this was beta tested before release. Couldnā€™t have been.

Same goes for ā€œAI Modeā€. Change AI mode, ā€œAutoā€ toggle remains on. Expected behavior is it should turn off. Toggle ā€œAutoā€ off and back on, manually selected mode stays selected.

Text on image bar, ā€œImage must be loaded to determine auto valuesā€. Image is loaded.

Auto update is turned off. Update button can only be clicked once. Change settings, update button stays dimmed.

No way this was beta tested. Couldnā€™t have been.

Reverting to 2.1.8. I feel very badly for everyone who had their time wasted with this ā€œrelease.ā€

Hi Chase,
I am unable to replicate your issues (MacBook Pro running Big Sur, CPU mode, with OpenVino on)
For example, here are a couple of screen shots relating to your first post. Auto setting with auto update on selected Focus mode as the best option (correctly in my view)

I then moved the sharpness slider down to 45 and the Auto setting greyed out.

Regarding your second post, what do you mean by AI mode? And, again, re your third post, I was able to click the Update button more then once.
You need to give more details about your system and your graphics processor. Contributors who know about those things in the Windows world might then be able to offer a solution.

Auto Mode also works fine in Windows 10, just go to Help-> Graphics info., press Copy and paste the info here.

Also what are your processing settings, e.g. under Settings performance are you using GPU or OpenVINO?

Iā€™ve tried to replicate your issues on my Windows 10 PC but Iā€™m afraid they all work properly, i.e. exactly as you say you expect them to.

The three posts above mine also deal with the ā€œImage must be loaded to determine auto valuesā€ issue. Adam.mains replied and seems to acknowledge the issue and is working on a fix, so I canā€™t be the only one.

Using GPUless workstation with OpenVINO. Graphics driver is MESA. No issues with Sharpen AI 2.1.8.

graphics

Still in the process of setting up Win10 workstation. Itā€™s slow going. (Windows 10 is a nightmare OS, which tyrannically dominates the user and needs wrangled into submissionā€¦ but thatā€™s another topic. :wink: )

The other problem you have is that windows Server 2008 is no longer supported and being a cloud platform it does tend to complicate things. Have you tried migrating to Azure?

I am migrating to Windows 10 Pro.

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 = Windows 7 x64 SP1, at least in terms of running applications.

1 Like

Quick update:

We are moving our build servers to another location today, so I am unable to do a final build for 2.2.1 right now. We are taking today to test the previous build I had and patch up any issues we find, and then assuming our move goes as planned I can build and release tomorrow.

Right now the change log for 2.2.1 looks like this:

• Fixed frequent ā€œImage must be loadedā€ errors when using auto
  • Fixed a case where file list view would not match actual values when using auto
  • Fixed some crashes involving the file logger when exiting the program
  • Fixed installer including the beta plugin, and added code in the installer to delete the beta plugin if it exists in a non-beta version
  • When using last filter in Photoshop and opening into comparison view, it should now select the last used model

I apologize for any issues you run across in the mean time, and Iā€™m sorry we canā€™t deploy the fix faster.

I say take your time, I would rather it be released on Friday or even later and be fixed 100%, than tomorrow or tonight and still have some issues. Worst kind of development is rushed development. :smiley:

1 Like

Still donā€™t understand the difference between online and full installer? Is there any point to the autoupdate that is found in the topaz folder for each of the different programs you all have?

The autoupdate program in the install folder is from an older auto updater and is safe to delete. Our current auto updater utilizes the online installer directly. The main difference between the two is that the full installer is a large one time download that will always install everything, while the online installer is a small download that will pick and choose what needs to be updated to avoid downloading unnecessary things. One caveat though is that the list of things installed is only updated when running the online installer due to some weird requirements.

The issues I mentioned above are all fixed now in version 2.2.1.

1 Like

I almost forgot, but this version also fixes the vertical lines showing up in GPU mode. @TPX I think youā€™d be interested in that.

2 Likes

sounds great, thanks!

Yupp, and itā€™s gone! :+1:

1 Like

Comparison View gives bad quality focus picture preview
Just updated to 2.2.1 and make some test and found this:

Left comparison view right single view nothing changed between.

Noise is much worse in comparison view.

Problem occurs only in GPU mode, CPU mode preview is fine.

Here bigger previews

Graphics Info:
Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.2.1

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 457.30

CPU RAM: 65464 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 7987 Pixels

2 Likes