Sharpen AI v2.0.0

Nope, I simply said “yes” to all the dialog boxes, and didn’t change target directories at all.

v2.0.2

Split screen non functional.

Both halves of the screen show NON-sharpened image.

I can move the target area, it recalculates and then shows me 2x before image.
I can adjust the scale to 50%, same.

If I revert to single pane, i see the post-sharpened image

Flip to split - back to 2x before image.

Is this a known bug?.

UI

Make sure that the preview is updated if Auto-update is not on, for me it is OK. Remember that split view changes when you move the bar from left to right over the viewing area:

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.0.2

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 441.45

CPU RAM: 16119 MB

Video RAM: 4096 MB

Preview Limit: 6532 Pixels

I like to know who’s designing this software us guinea pigs or topaz the big company LOL

It seems my earlier reply via e-mail did not go through… re-posting

Thanks for the quick answer. When I opened the settings panel, it was already set to use CPU/OpenVINO (GPU disabled). I went ahead and tried both GPU and CPU processing modes. Both resulted in a solid black image. So, that didn’t work. I do not have a second GPU on my system (Dell XPS 2-in-1) Serafin

Hi.

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the information that you requested.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.0.1

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 26.20.100.7263

CPU RAM: 16189 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

5568x3712 and yes I have activated the GPU on both computers.

Hello. I have updated to version 2.02 and as a standalone it seems to work just fine. However I can’t find an article or figure out how to get this version to replace version 1.46 (I think that is it) of Sharpen AI in both LR and Topaz Studio. Whenever I invoke Sharpen AI in one of those programs it loads 1.46 instead and keeps telling me an update is available and I can’t figure out how to replace it with the new version. I would have thought that when I updated it would automatically know but it doesn’t. I hate to sound ignorant but does anyone know how to get the plugin to work superseding the previous version? Grateful for any help. Thanks!

New version - no difference in split views

Previous version - definite difference in left and right

BTW - this is the identical source image - the same actual file in both cases.

Note the colour rendering difference - the old version is more accurate.
Has this been “improved” too in the v2 version??
Can users revert to the old rendering algorithm?
The new seems to want to warm everything up to a very noticeable (and annoying) degree.

1 Like

I have a i5 8600 and with CPU a 16 mp 4600 pixel width picture is sharpen in 34 sec. with GPU nvidia 1030 2 GB mem high, preview limit is 3750 show in graphic info . The time same image need over 1 min with GFX card. I enable boot to PCIe graphic in bios
so my onboard graphic is disable. and sharpen ai show nvidia 1030 in info. seem openvino is really fast. with disable openvino calc time is over 2 minutes. Then i try a 5 mp picture . with GFX card it need 15 sec. with openvino 12 sec. and without openvino 45 sec.
so can see it is important that the image is not larger as preview limit that is show in GFX card. maybe other can tell what speed results can get with faster GFX card ?.

the 1030 is not so very old and in benchmarks 2-3* faster as my CPU. Is it not possible with such a GFX card to be faster as the CPU ?

some bugs i see. the 2.02 when have single view and click on image with mouse to see original does not show rendered image when relase left mouse button.
also some pan in the image often do not recalc the image. in the 1.x versions this work. EDIT: Problem happen with 16 mp image. with the 5 MP image work ok.

when choose save as and auto mode was enable, then it switch to manual and save with manual 50 50 EDIT: sometimes it work ok. i look if i can reproduce to tell clear how this can reproduce

After updating Sharpen AI to version 2 and using the AUTO mode for adjustments, all the settings are hidden (sharpness, noise, grain).
The auto mode is often the start for me of the sharpening process. After that I tweak the settings in manual mode for the best results. It’s annoying you can’t see these auto-settings. I can’t think what the purpose is of this ‘feature’…

2 Likes

Hi,
I think I had the same problem. Installed Sharpen 2.0.2 but invoking the plugin from Affinity Photo just launched the old plugin version (1.4.x) - even after I uninstalled version 1.4.x.
Because I also updated to the new Studio 2.3.1 version I did an inspection of the program folders where I located the plugins folder e.g. c:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\PS_Plugins_x64\

In that folder are (at least in my installation) four plugin files (.8bf), one for each of the plugins Adjust AI, Denoise AI, Sharpen AI and Studio itself. Looking at the file dates I realized that the file tltopazsharpenaips_x64.8bf (the Sharpen AI plugin) had a date of 2019/10/08. So this can’t be the newest version. All I had to do was to replace this file with the one from the corresponding Sharpen AI installation’s plugin folder. That fixed it for me, at least I am now able to launch Sharpen AI 2.0.2 plugin from Affinity Photo and Topaz Studio 2.

This was the procedure to fix it:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\PS_Plugins_x64\
  2. Check if the file tltopazsharpenaips_x64.8bf has a timestamp from 2019
  3. If yes, rename that file to tltopazsharpenaips_x64.bak
  4. Copy C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Sharpen AI\PS_Plugins_x64\tltopazsharpenaips_x64.8bf to folder C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\PS_Plugins_x64\

I don’t know if that is helpful for the Lightroom issue but it should fix the problem launching the new version plugin from Studio.

Please uninstall the previous versions if you don’t need them. Any other hack workarounds to get the latest plugins to work will just cause problems in the end.

I would like to remind all of the system requirements for Sharpen AI as it is an intensive application:

2 Likes

Also if you come here it is because you are seeking help, make sure you install it correctly, make sure you do meet the minimum system requirements … AND … do not rant and rave in your posts.

Any abusive comments here will be deleted and, if you persist, moderators will take the appropriate action.

And, install on beta operating system software at your own risk … there is no need to be abusive because it won’t install on an UNSUPPORTED operating system.

2 Likes

Wrong Zoom factor

I am complaining since Topaz Denoise V2 and now with SharpenAI V2 of a bad Zoom Factor
I just discover the issue :

I Use PC Window10
What’s happening is my screen is a 4k one 3840*2160 pixels

To have readable text I apply a 200% scale factor in the Windows display setup menu and this is this scale factor that Topaz Sharpen AI and Denoise AI don’t like so my complaints about the wrong zoom factor

What’s drove me crazy is that with Topaz Studio 2 I am using a lot there is not the same issue and the Zoom is correct ??
So something different in the way the graphics are scaled by the programs.
Only the new versions are doing that Studio 2 and Adjust AI exhibit good Zoom factor on my system
That means Topaz change something in the way they scaled the graphics since Topaz Denoise 2
I am sure am not alone to suffer with this issue , my system is pretty standart
I didn’t discover a workaround so I am sure Topaz can do something to fix this issue
And please current Studio 2 and Adjust AI graphics are working well so don’t change it but
change Denoise AI and Sharpen Ai

This screen copy
Widows display scale factor 200%
Left : FastStone and Studio 2 Zoom OK
Right: SharpenAI V2 and Denoise AI V2 Wrong Zoom X2

I discovered the origin of the issue
Please refer to
https://community.topazlabs.com/t/sharpen-ai-v2-0-0/13863/103?u=lencludc

If my computer can run Lightroom classic and photoshop at the same time, it should be able to run AI sharpen, shouldn’t it?

V2 seems to produce image artefacts which V1 did not. Sharpening an image at Stabilize 70 in V1 and V2, the V2 produces vertical lines, echos of a vertical line in the image. I have screenshots but this forum is saying I can’t upload them (perhaps as I have not posted before?)

1 Like