Sharpen AI v2.0.0

I have enable openvino. I remove my geforce 1030 because i need it not. i only test if it is faster. the info. i test also with gfx card, the processing time is always same with mask black and mask white display.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.0.5

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 26.20.100.7262

CPU RAM: 16165 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

I was notified of the product update for Sharpen AI v2.05 and immediately elected to upgrade/update. Then I’ve spent the rest of the day trying to make it work with TOPAZ STUDIO 2.2. Finally, in exasperation, I elected to delete every instance of Sharpen AI in any of the directories including the Contents/resource folder. Sharpen ONLY WORKS as a standalone app. No matter what I do I can’t get it to work as a plug-in. Even following the guidance provided to manually load the app as a plug-in proved totally useless. The icon shows up in the application but when I attempt to execute the app seems to open only to close not allowing any of the executable instructions. This is a mess and uncharacteristic of TOPAZ - there has to be a fix that doesn’t require I have SW degree. HELP!!

Alan:
Thank you for your post. You saved me a lot of time.

After I received notification that there was an update, I downloaded and installed it and it worked fine. I closed the program and reopened it, it requested that I install the update. So I did, a couple of times.

Similar to you, I had two installations of Sharpen. I deleted both and ran the 2.0.0 update I downloaded. It showed that I had 2.05 installed. For grins, I closed the program and it requested that I install the update. I checked and I had version 2.0.0 installed. I installed the update again and now have 2.0.5 installed.

Thank you again Alan.

I am sure Topaz will fix this. On a more positive note, this version is amazing!

Having a similar problem. Every time I think I am done, it goes and downloads files again. Taking forever!

Download the full installer from the first post in this thread and see if that helps.

On a lark I went to my account purchases and discovered that Topaz Studio had been updated to 2.3.1 my loaded version was (from memory) 2.2. I did the download and install then reloaded Sharpen AI to 2.05 and my problem went away. Now when I Open Studio 2.3.1 everything works as it should and across all platforms including Adobe CC - my problem is resolved. Still don’t know how I missed the update from 2.2 to 2.3.1 but now that it’s installed - I have to declare my issue closed AND NO THE FAULT OF THE TOPAZ TEAM

I really want to be able to try out Sharpen AI on my MacBook Pro 16" but every time I try to install it, I get a “cannot write to the directory” message. I have tried to change permissions to “read and write”, but it tells me I’m not authorized. What gives? If I can’t install the trial version, I won’t be able to use the registered version, I’m sure. Aren’t they one and the same? How do I make this work on the latest MacBook Pro hardware? This is frustrating!

Do you have studio installed by chance? There was one bad release of Studio (2.2.0?) that made some folders it touched owned by the root user, which makes any subsequent installs or modifications require root permissions as well. If you did, I would contact support and they can walk you through fixing that.

@adam.mains I don’t know what is happening but here are the contents of the External Editor written for LR:

s = {
id = “1410F8CD-C72A-4A82-8D40-F5E779AA14D9”,
internalName = “Topaz Sharpen AI”,
title = “Topaz Sharpen AI”,
type = “ExternalEditor”,
value = {
externalEditingFormat = “TIFF_None_16_ProPhotoRGB”,
externalEditingFormat_dpi = 300,
externalEditorFullPath = “D:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Program Files\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Topaz Labs LLC\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Topaz Sharpen AI\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Topaz Sharpen AI.exe”,
},
version = 0,
}

Needs to be corrected please.

I just installed the trial version of Sharpen AI this AM. It seems to process the images, but than gives me an error message: Failed to save file . I’ve tried it several times and get the same message. Is this a limitation in the trial version?

I too test the trail version. save should work. but remember if you have the windows defender ransomware protect on you need add topazsharpen to the whitelist or you get save errors

You hit the nail on the head. Works fine. Thank you so much.
Don

Hi The latest version is not taking .psd files. Only taking .jpg files. also need tutorial/help to use the new version of this upgraded versio,.
Thanks

Hi, Sharpen AI supports jpeg, tif, png and RAW image input. Note that PSD is a proprietary format of ADOBE and they do not publish it.

As for tutorial/help 
 there is a product tour available from the help menu and you can see videos in the youtube channel at:

1 Like

When will the errors be fixed so SharpenAI 2.0.5 is usable (i.e 50,50 values which will be the same values in auto mode). I sent a video with all issues some time ago to demonstrate it but so far nothing happens

I am not sure what you mean, I switched to AUTO from MANUAL (50, 50) and back again and these were the AUTO settings:

Hi Don, I recorded a screen video with log files for Eric. It demonstrates clearly when doing the following steps:

• SharpenAI starts with default values 50,50 (it was 15,15 in version 1.x)
  • hitting update to sharpen the image
  • when you then switch the mode to “Auto” and you hit update nothing happens as the values don’t change"
  • when you switch back to manual the values are still 50,50 and pressing update does nothing as no values change
  • if you set the values manualy and press update the process starts and the image is processed
  • if you then select Auto mode again you can clearly see that the sliders jump back to 50,50 and pressing update process the image again
  • if you then switch back to manual the sliders are also back to 50,50
  • if you then press update again no processing takes place as no values changed since auto processing.

My screen recording shows it clearly. I did the video a 2nd time to also create the log files for analysing.
Also with the 400% error (hitting update in 400% view distorts the preview and blows it up).

These issues are the same on two different machines (MacBook pro, iMac) running OSX Catalina.

So for me it’s not really working right now. Looking forward to an update.

My “update” preview button (it starts processing) because someone asked.

1 Like

OK it is a Mac specific issue on your PCs because on Windows it is fine and others on Macs don’t have that issue either, it usually is related to the OS version.

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with AI applications