Sharpen AI v2.0.0

There is now an online and full installer due to someone recommending putting the full installer up there. Either one will install the current version if you got it from the updated post in this thread. The only difference is the full installer has all the components in the download itself so you could install it even when offline. The online installer downloads everything once you run the installer.

3 Likes

@adam.mains

Adam

Whichever installer a user chooses, what is the advised method of installing e.g. uninstall v2.0.3 for example and install v.2.0.5 or can you simply do an overlay installation? Note ~ I am talking here about the above installers and not the offered update within the program GUI :wink: Which I surmise is a type of overlay installation???

Running the online installer from the thread over top of a previous installation is the same as what the autoupdater does.

If you want to be thorough or experience issues with updating, then you can uninstall and reinstall using the installers at the top. However you shouldn’t need to uninstall if everything is working.

1 Like

I have updated from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 with the auto-updater and it still downloads 1.2 GB of data 

This should be alleviated in the next update after this one. 2.0.5 sets up some stuff to track what you currently have installed, so once you download the next version it should take that into account.

This tracking only happens if you’re online while you install since it downloads a file based on the version to compare against.

Version 2.0.5 still crashing on closing, when accessed as a plugin through PS CS x64 and also when just closing the window in stand alone mode by clicking to close window rather than cancel button. The actual processing of image layer in PS is actually completed, just still an issue with program closing properly.

Another bug in SharpenAI 2.0.5. I set the Default Save-As Prefix to “shAI”. SharpenAI generates xxx-shAI-sharpen.jpg. It connects “-sharpen” as well after the custom value.

Have you also got “Append processing mode as suffix” set to Yes? If so, that will be added after your shAI.

1 Like

Thanks Paul, was just about to tell that it’s a user error. Just saw this option. Sorry!

Sharpen 2 AI miss handling Raw Files Raw Files Getting Tinted Like DeNoise AI 1.

JS -
I filed a bug this morning about processing CR2 files.

In version 2.05 of Sharpen, a reproducible crash on completing processing an image, with a workaround.

Sometimes when I try to process an image by pressing ''save image", I note that no output dialog comes up. It then crashes when it is about to complete.

If the output dialog comes up, it doesn’t crash.

If I open a file via the file menu, the output dialog comes up and all is fine.

If I open via dropping a file on the topaz icon, no output dialog and that end of processing crash.

Arthur

Hi there,

I have just finished the following test using Sharpen AI 2.05 as a Lightroom plugin without any problems (my current Win 10 system comprises an i9940x, 64 GB RAM and a nvidia RTX 2080ti with 11 GB):

Lr had generated some ~ 120 MB TIFFs. Those were the input for the plugin:
GPU support on and switched to max. RAM. Everything including masks works (e.g. Auto Update during Sharpen, Stabilize and Focus mode, 50% to 400% previews, side by side mode, splitscreen with slider etc.) No problems during saving the sharpened images. No crashes after leaving the plugin and back in Lr.

I did not test the stand alone version or batch mode because these don’t fit into my wildlife workflow.

1 Like

Batch mode seems to have stopped working, I click on it an nothing happens

This is a known interaction. You should never drag and drop an image onto the executable, as that makes it open as if you were opening from Lightroom. This is due to how Lightroom works as a plugin making it indistinguishable from dragging and dropping an image on the executable.

Can you please give more detail about this? I would like to track down any bugs, but I don’t know what you mean here.

It will be good if the team could add a intensity function within Sharpen tool to allow users to control the intensity of the sharpening effect, beside manually adjusting the sharpen and noise level.

Sorry I can’t second that idea. Maybe I simply don’t understand it’s benefit: We’ve got 3 different sharpening models that can be switched to Auto. If I don’t like the Auto results I switch to manual and can fine trim via sharpen and noise level. There I need control over these parameters and not a mixture where a programmer decides what exactly has to happen to my pictures.

1 Like

I test the 2.0.5 and the problem that the processing time is same for a very small image part (maskimage can be complete black)and whole image is still in. when do you change this ?. process a whole 16 mp image need much time. often need only sharp hair or some small details in a picture. so it can speed up alot when only sharpen that is select in mask.

Please open Sharpen AI, go to Help-Graphics info then press Copy and paste the info here