Program was good now?

Talk about ruining a good program, with the new update the face detection spins in a never ending circle. Might be a good idea to check the ramifications of updates before releasing them .Program is now useless :frowning:

4 Likes

Did you turn Face Recovery off in the Settings? Note many donā€™t have issues, if you search the forum you will see it is mainly windows with AMD GPUs and, if yours is that, search the AMD forums for the hot fix to the latest drivers.

Hi no have a Nvidia graphics card, and yes have now turned off the face detection to resolve but kind of defeats the purpose, thanks
for the help though :slight_smile:

Oh the forum really is full of those reports (even if those are a bit ā€šhiddenā€˜ by packing multiple threads into one large) - so it definitely should read ā€žmany do have problems with thisā€œ and, no the majority also is not AMD users. Itā€™s not really clear though why with similar systems one has the bug and another one doesnā€™t?

The only system that really seems unaffected by this bug is MacOS - at least I donā€™t remember seeing someone with a Mac posting this.

1 Like

Thanks for your help , might have to spend a little time scrolling through the forums to see if I can get a fix. It is a bit annoying though that updates are released that effectively cripple the program and its left up to the consumer to try and resolve. Donā€™t think I will be purchasing product from this supplier again :frowning:

Well, just revert to 2.3.0 from here:

And youā€™ll be fine.
Itā€™s not that you lose much from not having 2.3.2 and hopefully the issue is resolved in the next release. :crossed_fingers:

Excellent will revert and see how that goes , again thank you for your help :slight_smile:

You can choose one of these two workarounds to resolve this issue:

Let me know how that goes for you and we will make sure to reach back out to you to let you know when this is resolved.

Have reverted back to 2.3.0 and now working fine thanks guys for the help :slight_smile:

2 computers.

New: Intel Core i5-12600K, 32 GB DDR5, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 (8 GB) nVIDIA ForceWare 536.23, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045.4046 (Win10 22H2 2022 Update).
All versions work.

Old: Intel Core i5-3570K, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB) nVIDIA ForceWare 536.23, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045.4046 (Win10 22H2 2022 Update).
The latest working version is 2.3.0. Starting from version 2.3.1 - ā€œautopilot get stuck on detecting faces phaseā€.

If I understand correctly, Topaz Photo Ai uses OpenVINO technology for facial recognition. Version 2.3.0 used 2023.1.0.12185, and version 2.3.1 already used 2023.2.0.13089. It is possible that the new version of OpenVINO (2023.2.0.13089) no longer supports outdated hardware (in my case, the processor). For the experiment, I installed version 2.3.0. Saved OpenVINO 2023.1.0.12185 libraries. Installed version 2.3.2. Overwrote old files over new ones. The autopilot recognized faces normally. I didnā€™t test further.

Perhaps there is not enough command set, some AVX2.
My processor (i5-3570K) theoretically should not have worked in version 2.3.0, based on the OpenVINO system requirements.
System Requirements for OpenVINO 2023.1
https://docs.openvino.ai/archive/2023.1/system_requirements.html
CPU - ā€œ6th - 13th generation IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ processorsā€.

For those who stopped working with version 2.3.1, what processors do you have?

1 Like

I just installed the new update. Why is it still have to activate a button like sharpen or face detect. Now it crashes and before the new installation it hangsā€¦ :unamused:

I have the same Issue with Photo AI 2.3.2 hanging on detecting faces - seems to be a common issue thats causing a lot of problems - Iā€™ve gone back to using AI Sharpen - not ideal.
FY Info its behaving like this on both my laptop and desktop PCs with i7 and i9 processors and Nvidia Graphics cards. Its a real PITA.

This topic was automatically closed after 59 days. New replies are no longer allowed.