This week we have several new additions to the app and updates to existing tools as well. There are 2 new upscaling models - Standard v2 and High Fidelity v2, as well as update to the Remove model for Windows machines. Please see the notes below for more information about these models. Additionally, the Object Selection Brush is now available for use in the Remove tool. Finally, the Adobe Lightroom Classic plug-in will now add images back to their original Collections once exporting is done.
Standard v2 and High Fidelity v2:
- For Standard we’ve improved the deblur consistency (blurry patch issue)
- For High Fidelity we’ve improved the grain preserving consistency for low denoise/remove jpeg sliders
- For use cases requiring keeping original noise/grain, select this model and tune down the two sliders.
- For High Fidelity we’ve fixed the tile blending artifacts
- For both models we’ve fixed the tile artifacts on Apple Silicon Mac’s Neural Engine
- There is an option to turn off Neural Engine but it will slow down processing
- For quality in general, the models should be more generative
- Improved the speed of the tool via steps distillation
- Solved some quality issues via larger data augmentation
Note: If you are experiencing issues with the Remove tool on macOS Sonoma a potential fix is updating to the latest version of Sonoma
As always, a full change log is below.
Please give us any feedback or report issues with this release. We’ll be updating TPAI regularly to address those pieces of feedback and issue reports. If there’s a specific image you’d like us to see, you can send it us at this dropbox link.
Changes since 2.2.2
- Added 2 new upscaling models
- Added Remove Tool model update
- Added Object Selection Brush to Remove Tool
- Added mask hover for Subtract mode with Object Selection Brush
- LrC Plug-in Extras now adds image to original Collection
- Improved Autopilot recommendation for Upscale sliders
- Fixed Face Detection model crashing on Apple Silicon devices
- Fixed application getting stuck or crashing after activating license
- Fixed models re-downloading on every app restart
- Fixed CLI for Adjust Lighting and Balance Color
- Fixed placeholder image showing behind transparent images in Recent Files list
- Fixed menu actions getting triggered twice
- Fixed login error message when product is not owned
- Fixed toasts overlapping with UI elements
- Fixed Apply & Cancel hotkeys in Crop after changing aspect ratio
- Fixed thumbnails of non-existent/invalid images appearing in Recent menu
- Updated libraw
- Automatic Lensfun Update