Topaz Photo AI v2.3.0

G’day!

This week we have several new additions to the app and updates to existing tools as well. There are 2 new upscaling models - Standard v2 and High Fidelity v2, as well as update to the Remove model for Windows machines. Please see the notes below for more information about these models. Additionally, the Object Selection Brush is now available for use in the Remove tool. Finally, the Adobe Lightroom Classic plug-in will now add images back to their original Collections once exporting is done.

Standard v2 and High Fidelity v2:

• For Standard we’ve improved the deblur consistency (blurry patch issue)
  • For High Fidelity we’ve improved the grain preserving consistency for low denoise/remove jpeg sliders
    • For use cases requiring keeping original noise/grain, select this model and tune down the two sliders.
  • For High Fidelity we’ve fixed the tile blending artifacts
  • For both models we’ve fixed the tile artifacts on Apple Silicon Mac’s Neural Engine
    • There is an option to turn off Neural Engine but it will slow down processing
  • For quality in general, the models should be more generative

Remove Model:

1. Improved the speed of the tool via steps distillation
  2. Solved some quality issues via larger data augmentation

Note: If you are experiencing issues with the Remove tool on macOS Sonoma a potential fix is updating to the latest version of Sonoma

As always, a full change log is below.

Please give us any feedback or report issues with this release. We’ll be updating TPAI regularly to address those pieces of feedback and issue reports. If there’s a specific image you’d like us to see, you can send it us at this dropbox link.

v2.3.0
Released January 18th, 2024
Mac: Download
Windows: Download

Changes since 2.2.2

• Added 2 new upscaling models
  • Added Remove Tool model update
  • Added Object Selection Brush to Remove Tool
  • Added mask hover for Subtract mode with Object Selection Brush
  • LrC Plug-in Extras now adds image to original Collection
  • Improved Autopilot recommendation for Upscale sliders
  • Fixed Face Detection model crashing on Apple Silicon devices
  • Fixed application getting stuck or crashing after activating license
  • Fixed models re-downloading on every app restart
  • Fixed CLI for Adjust Lighting and Balance Color
  • Fixed placeholder image showing behind transparent images in Recent Files list
  • Fixed menu actions getting triggered twice
  • Fixed login error message when product is not owned
  • Fixed toasts overlapping with UI elements
  • Fixed Apply & Cancel hotkeys in Crop after changing aspect ratio
  • Fixed thumbnails of non-existent/invalid images appearing in Recent menu
  • Updated libraw
  • Automatic Lensfun Update
13 Likes

Great, just as my license expires. Any comparisons for Standard V2 and High Fidelity V2?

So the update was rolled out but the error npu_level_zero_backend.dll followed into the new release.

With so many of us experiencing this issue why wasn’t it resolved before the roll out of a new release?

1 Like

How do you pick High Fidelity v2 or Standard v2 as the default upscale AI?

THANK YOU for fixing the tiling artifacts! Happy new year it is!

After updating to PAI 2.3.0, the “Remove” tool is constantly crashing for me on pretty much all images. Anyone else?

I’ve tried installing PAI 2.3.0 from scratch instead of updating, installing the latest GPU drivers, using my CPU as an AI processor instead of the GPU. No change.

I’m using Nvidia RTX 3090 24GB, AMD Ryzen 7950x 16-cores, 64GB DDR5-6400 RAM, Windows 10 Pro x64 with the latest updates.

2 Likes

Still very surprising result after the remove tool !!

6 Likes

Make sure you choose the correct guidance, in this case you will need to choose “Erase Area”:

1 Like

You did not mask the water.

It want to put something on the reflection.

1 Like

Hi - thanks for the update to 2.30. I am happy that you seem to have removed the WB issue with the CaptureOne plugin and DNG files. There is still a problem with the checker pattern. I have also reported it to support now and really hope that you can solve this. Otherwise I have to return to 2.07 – at least for low light images and even surf

aces (water, sky).
Thanks

I have checked again – it comes from the Remove Noise tool – and can be seen in the interface at 100 % already…

I use Remove tool 7 times,crash 6 times. then remove 2.30

1 Like

me too

BUG:

Updating the program directly from the downloaded installer with the internal UPDATE button (I was coming from the last version 2.2.0), I get this error when finished:

What can it depend on?

1 Like

Thats not the only artifact i can spot.

I would use it with a tiff file, after C1, thats more save.

Sure - we have discussed it earlier. The TIFF however can have demosaicing artifacts. What I see is, that these checker patterns occur from the Noise removal – starting with v2.08 and further – and I would like to see them disappear…

1 Like

Thank you - now I can import my GH6 (.RW2) files. It works now. :smiley:

1 Like

No problem installing on M2 Mac Mini/Ventura after manually deleting the previous app.

My photos include lo-res AI renders being upscaled and 20-year-old lo-res digital portraits being rescued, upsampled and color corrected (shot my modeling light only with a silly little camera):

5 Likes

:smiley: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Any comparison samples between the v1 and v2s?

Need to know if its enough to renew my licence…

1 Like