Privacy issue…

So, now Photo  AI wants to send pictures that it works on to Topaz. There’s a setting to opt-out, but if you have that setting set, then every so often, Topaz asks to change the default to send these images.

Just a short while ago, I unintentionally clicked the wrong button, and changed the     Can Upload Images By Default” option to ON.

It is good to have the switch in the “Save … Images&rdquuo; so that I can enable this uploading for a specifc batch, but I •ALWAYS• want the default to be OFF, and I do not want Photo AI nagging me every so often to change that.

I mean to protect my privacy, except where I explicitly choose to allow my data to be sent, and I find.  It is very bad form, and ethically dubious, for a program to keep nagging me to give up my privacy, and to make it easy to accidentally give up my privacy.

I am some times willing to allow images on which I am working to be uploaded, but I set the   Can Upload Images By Default” setting to be off, and I do not want that to be changed unless I explicitly go into the settings and change it myself (which I would never do).  And I absolutely DO NOT WANT the program to keep nagging me about it, or making it easy to accidentally change that setting.

3 Likes

We are changing the nag popup to not appear repeatedly and for the share option to have a double confirmation.

The popup will also direct a user to the privacy tab so they can learn where the controls are and change it.

That is coming soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.