Photo AI crashes very quick

Photo AI is crashing after processing 3 or 4 raw photos

Version: 1.2.7 Windows
DxDiag_03212023.txt (105.8 KB)
2023-03-21-14-02-17.tzlog (708 KB)

Hey Orlando,

Thanks for sending the files over. It looks like Topaz Photo AI is crashing when processing on the AMD integrated graphics card.

Please open Topaz Photo AI and go to the Edit > Preferences > AI Processor menu. In the dropdown menu, select NVIDIA and process an image like that.

Let me know if it’s still crashing after doing this.

Thanks for your replay … same problem … crashed after processing 5 or 6 photos.
2023-03-23-14-22-4.tzlog (674.4 KB)

I’m experiencing what appears to be the same problem using Photo AI v1.2.8. Photo AI closes while processing photos every time used.
Sometimes it is almost immediately, other times it is after processing several photos in the same session. Photos are .tif from Capture One 23 but no integration is used between Capture One & Topaz Photo AI.
Photo AI v1.2.8
Windows 10 Home v10.0.19045 Build 19045
DxDiag.txt (156.3 KB)
2023-03-28-11-27-8.tzlog (696.8 KB)
PhotoAI Pref

I’m running into the same problem since the last 10 updates
DxDiag.txt (119.8 KB)
2023-04-06-20-03-12.tzlog (10.1 KB)
So I edit pics one at a time and it works but sometimes when I open raw files, Tiff or a huge file size image all of a sudden it crashes and I have to restart my computer. Usually happens after the 5 to 10 edit. I have tried changing my processor from auto to my nvidia card and still crashes and I’ve updated my card too and still crashing.

@orlando.hernandez @daniel.sylvester

Please try rolling back to this NVIDIA driver from February and reboot your computer. Let me know if Topaz Photo AI still crashes after doing this.

@deejayka

Please try rolling back to this NVIDIA driver from February and reboot your computer. Let me know if Topaz Photo AI still crashes after doing this.

I just tried it, and it crashed 3 times after the 3rd to 6th photo I uploaded :frowning:

So far it is working for me. Thank you.

@Lingyu works perfect for me … I was able to process in a batch 500 photos without any problem … THANKS

Hey @deejayka, can you submit a support ticket for this on support.topazlabs.com? If changing the drivers did not work here we can try to check other areas :slight_smile: