Photo AI 1.2.10 crashing while denoising and sharpening a single picture

This had happened several times now but I had painstakingly spent a lot of time refining subjects before denoise and sharpening. It crashes after running for quite a while.

I tried searching for this issue however they didn’t seem like a match. This had been working just fine for a while now until recently and doesn’t do it every time.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. refine subjects
  2. denoise and sharpen
  3. crash

Topaz Photo AI [v1.2.10] on [Windows 10]
DxDiag.txt (87.7 KB)
2023-04-12-11-10-37.tzlog (4.7 MB)

Hi Paul, I don’t know if this helps but, I found this similar topic (Photo AI Crashing very quickly) and wondered if it applied to your case please find Link below

https://community.topazlabs.com/t/photo-ai-crashes-very-quick/41959

If not then I apologize

Thanks for the reply Andrew. Alas, my NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030 is already at the February driver level (2/2/2023 31.0.15.2849). I don’t dare refine the subjects in that photo again (took over an hour) to have it crash and lose all the work once again. I’m hoping support will let me know what’s up in the log so I can move on with my work.

1 Like

@paul.lambert thanks for sending the logs. It looks like Topaz Photo AI crashed when processing the sharpening.

Please follow the instructions in this video to send me the crashpad zip (Windows).

I should be able to determine what is happening and send next steps with this information.

crashpad.zip (2.1 MB)

Thanks for sending the crashpad. We are updating the AI Engine in the release next Thursday. It has a potential fix for this issue.

Please update to v1.3.2 when it is released.

Was there a previous version of Topaz Photo AI which was working for you? I would recommend rolling back for now if so.

You can find previous releases here: Releases - Topaz Community

Thanks Lingyu. I had upgraded to 1.3.0 after the crash and used both denoise and sharpen on an extensively refined subject (I was feeling lucky and foolish) and it ran well without crashing. Just now upgraded to 1.3.1. The speed in which these updates are coming show the commitment to excellence with the Topaz Photo AI product (and how much you are listening to your users!) Kudos.