Only 10 images transfer from LRC during Batch Processing

if I send more than 10 images to photo AI from LRC version 13.2 only 10 show in PhotoAI and are processed and returned to LRC.

sending 4 works with no issue
sending 8, works with no issue
sending 12, only 10 arrive in Photo AI

Topaz Photo AI [v2.4.2] on windows 11 Pro

LastSessionFiles.txt only shows 10 of the 12 sent.

This is a known issue where Lightroom Classic will break up large batches into smaller groups, usually of 10 images. We have a fix which should merge these into a larger batch, but it sometimes fails.

How often does this happen? Is it occasional or always?

Starting from Adobe Lightroom Classic (latest version), I adjust my raw files. I then call Topaz AI as an external editor using TIFF as the exchange medium. Before the latest update, I was able to process hundreds of files in a batch but now I’m limited to 15 regardless of how many are selected for editing. Please restore my ability to batch edit hundreds of files (or tell me what I’m doing wrong).

I am using Topaz Photo AI 2.4.2 on a Windows 11 machine (HP Envy Desktop PC)
Operating system: Windows 11 Home 64-bit Version: 22631.3374
Microprocessor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700K
System memory: 64 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 running three 4k monitors

Thanks!
DAvid

Please send me your full system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

Hi John–

File sent. All drivers should be up to date but sometimes things don’t happen as they should.

David

Thanks for sending in that system profile information.

Would you mind opening Topaz Photo AI, then going to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link above. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Hi John–

Sent as a ZIP file to the Dropbox link in your last e-mail–I couldn’t find it here.

David

Hi John–

I tried editing 129 photos in Topaz Photo AI from Lightroom Classic on my laptop. It opened two instances of Photo AI (I’m not sure my terminology is exactly right), but each had only 26 photos (total of 52 out of the 129 that should have opened).

The laptop is a little different from my desktop (as you’d expect): it runs an AMD Ryzen 7 (mobile version but I don’t remember for sure), Nvidia 3070 mobile version, and 32 GB of memory. I can get more detailed info if you need it.

David

I have uploaded close to a hundred in the past. I have 42 selected and only 10 were uploaded.

Hi Rodney–

Thanks for confirming that I’m not totally incompetent! :smiley:
I tried another batch on my laptop (the first batch was on my desktop machine) with similar results: 129 pictures selected and Topaz AI only opened 26 pictures each in two instances (52 pictures total). Until recently, I could–and did–batch process hundreds of photos at a time.

David

Just tried to send the remaining 32. Topaz took 10.

With the 2.4.2 update, I can only process 10 images even though I selected more than 10 in Lightroom library. I seem to remember being able to process more than 10 files at once before the update.

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

Request profile sent

Always now (and on two different computers but the numbers are different), but rarely–bordering on never–before.

This always happens for me.

Since the recent update I have had problems batch uploading files to Photo AI version 2.4.2
In Lightroom
I specify 20 plus files.
I go to File > Plugin Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI
Only about 8-10 files are transferred to Photo AI.
And when I process the files Photo AI often crashes.

This had occurred multiple times. The work around is to only specify 5-8 files at a time.
Previous to the recent update all specified files were transferred to Photo AI even if the number was 30+. And they processed with no problem.

Just updated to version 3.0.0–it now processes 14 photos at a time on the computer that was at 10 per batch before. I guess that’s better, but I really need full (large) batch processing.

Same over here, started after upgrade to the 2.4-version.
Today upgraded to 3.0 but the issue still exists.

Workaround is to bypass the plugin but start Topaz Photo AI separately, select all the files you want in Lightroom and drag them to Topaz.

After that you will have to import the files into Lightroom again.
Not very optimal, but it kind of works…

Hi Michael–Yes, I thought about it. I think a minor improvement over your approach (but I haven’t tried it yet) is to tell Photo AI not to add anything to the file name (TIF version) so as to replace them. Or to delete the old TIF versions and rename the new ones. I think you won’t have to re-import them if you do this.