Mask AI v1.2.0

Just adding to this discussion. Attempts to launch Mask AI V1.2.0 unsuccessful whether it was using the online installer or full installer. WIN10 Pro, 64 bit, AMD Driver 8700. I’m able to run Mask AI V 1.11 no issue. I prefer not to uninstall the old version in event, I can’t run that one.

I’m having the same problem. Just trying to do a basic mask and its crashed 3 times on me. I have a brand new macbook pro.

Does anyone know how to use the Color Range Tool in Mask AI 1.2 ?? I can’t find any tutorials on it.

The Color Range tools are quite simple they allow you to brush out the foreground or background area in your image, based on the color selected and the setting of the Color Range slider. The Color Range slider allows you to determine the shades affected within the image based on
the main color selection.

There is a blog on using the color range tools in ReMask, the predecessor, ans it is the same principal.

http://blog.topazlabs.com/understanding-remasks-color-range-slider/

1 Like

Hi -

I’m not sure how this fits in, but I’ve downloaded and “successfully” installed Topaz Mask AI about four or five times now. Then I go to launch it and it tells me there are updates available – I’m supposedly have v.1.1. and v.1.2 is available. WHAT? I’ve been told that I just “successfully” downloaded v.1.2.! Does anyone have suggestions?

1 Like

Faulty downloader … do not d/load and install new software milliseconds after updating to the latest edition without checking here first!

Firstly can you tell us what OS you are working on and how many versions are installed on your system. You will need to check the Topaz Labs and Topaz Labs LLC folders.

The current version is v1.2.3 and it should be downloaded from the downloads page on the main website … not from here.

I have 1.3.3 on my desktop FYI

I don’t …

1 Like

Sillly me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have only updated from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 to get rid of the update nag dialog, and immediately regretted.
I use Mask AI exclusively as a Photoshop plugin (W7), and the plugin has not been registered by the installer. Managed to plant the shortcut manually and that worked.

Then we come to the 2nd issue: the way the layers work with Mask AI seems to change randomly between versions, and I didn’t see it mentioned in the change log. What I mean is sometimes Mask AI creates a copy of the layer, and sometimes it edits the active layer directly. Perhaps it’s time to let the users decide?

1 Like

Try the Settings as the Auto Create Layer will duplicate the Layer and the Save to Layer Mask will use and update the mask in the duplicated layer.

1 Like

In 1.2.4 version have a Save bug when I use as standalone program:

• after save any result, I cannot save again different type (mask or trimap or cutted) Save button not responding.
  • Save not remember last save path, if I selected Custom path.
    In 1.2.3 version was perfect, please fix these!

Have a different bug with save: if I set a background (ex. color), and save Transparent image only, saved Composite with background.

Thanks for answering Don, but with 1.2.3 it doesn’t work for me.
The Auto Create Layer is on, but a new layer is not created.

I would raise a support request at the main website for this because using CS6/Win 10 it does create a layer if auto create layer is on.

A post was split to a new topic: Allow Save Tripam Mask in Plugin Mode

Mask AI。Can the software be used for video production?

A mask is fit around a unique frame … I suspect video changes frame by frame … so no I doubt that Mask AI could keep up in some kind of automasking without operator input.

But I could be wrong!

friend. I come from China. I can not speak English. Thank you for your answers.
Can I use the software to make videos?

Mask AI is NOT software for making videos. It is software to mask a single image.
?
Mask AI不是用于制作视频的软件。它是掩盖单个图像的软件