Mask AI v1.2.0

Can I synthesize videos one by one

Hi.

You seem very focused on video editing. Mask AI is Not for video.

Look at this Topaz product instead:

If that is not your interest, research Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premier Elements or Premier Pro.

[quote=“Fotomaker, post:164, topic:14491”]
Mask AI
[/quote]The software is great, I like it very much, but I want to change the background of the video, is Mask AI feasible, or can I piece it together into a video?

You could use some other software to extract the individual frames (and put them back together afterwards - I think VEAI will do that), but you’d have to mask each frame individually. So, possible? Yes. Feasible? Almost certainly not.

1 Like

I agree about feasibility - 2000 frames of video equals 2000 frames in masking, and all manually!

Unless you are sure that from keyframe to keyframe that the background does not change - there may be a way to force that keyframe to be a reference for ensuing b frames and p frames so that the new bkg applied to that one keyframe can persist.

You’ll have to trial and error.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answers. I will try feasibility.

Thank you very much for your answers. I will try feasibility. Thank you

1 Like

For masking in video, a process known as rotoscoping, you might try something like Mocha Pro from BorisFX.

Mocha Pro: Advanced Roto Tools

1 Like

Pls post a tutorial after you work out the ‘feasibility’ of how to mask 1000’s of frames of video easily using Mask AI!

We’ll look forward to it

1 Like

Thank you very much, I feel that there are many powerful software.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I feel that there are many powerful software

Me too. on Windows.

Adobe Ps CC “dot update” June 2020 improved Select Subject (for masking & selection purposes). This is an image I regularly use to test masking features in Mask AI. In Mask AI there are always blue color tinges from the background that remain (post Mask AI use - even with the color selection brush tool used) especially in the open areas around this child’s hairs (eg, away from the edges of the hair).

This is how Ps CC 2020 (June update) worked to select the hairs as a test on this same image today. Original on blue background. Post Ps CC “Select Subject” on yellow background (I specifically picked a color the blue would show up on
).

I used the Ps Erase Tool on the flyaway hairs on top of his head b/c I didn’t like them. Other than that, no alterations and no further masking beyond what Ps CC Select Subject produced:

Original:

Post Ps CC 2020 - June Update’s “Select Subject”:

If anyone wants to try the blue background original in Mask AI, pls feel free to do so
 to replicate this test, be sure to place masked output on a white or light background that won’t blend with the original blue.

1 Like

Yeah I think Topaz needs to catch up with stability, ease of use, and in more and more cases results. Adobe has up their game, now the ball is in Topaz court. Current Mask AI version is way to buggy and crashes 50% of time when using it, even for simple tasks. Auto select subject or sky is worse than first version of Adobe feature, which is now in its second version. So Topaz has some work to do.

Can you provide information to validate this please. Also go to Help-> Graphics info, press copy and paste the info in this thread, using v1.2.4 of Mask AI.

After Adobe released their new updated for Subject selection I deleted Topaz Mask AI and waiting for new release to test. But I have other Topaz products so here is the info you asked.

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.0.0

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 451.48

CPU RAM: 16266 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 6198 Pixels

However, I can only talk from my experiance and memory. Things that would crash Topaz AI would be using brush 1px would always crash it. Every single time. 2px or larger is ok, but 1px brush crashes it.

Choosing subject select would crash it. Every time. I figured out that if I use blue color brush to paint on the image, anywhere and than choose subject select it would not crush. But if its just open image and choose subject select, same for sky select it would crash.

I set the Memory usage not to high, hoping not to have the crashes and there would be less random crashes but still would crash during longer sessions. I was not using Mask AI from Photoshop because it would crash even more so I used it as standalone which was semi usable but still unacceptable buggy for a release production. It felt more like pre-beta.

I would sometimes work on an image for 30 min and want to save the maps but it would not save them. Just won’t save. This would happen not always, but enough to feel unreliable. I also had and issue where it would save transparent and black and white mask, but not the composite version. It would crash during saving.

Bottom line it would more unstable than 1.2.2 version or which ever came before it. But ever since its first release Topaz Mask AI I think has great potential but way to buggy for serious work and most of all frustrating for casual work. So right now I’m using Photoshop and its tools. Hope you guys can catch up and at least make the program stable enough so that one can relay on it. This is unacceptable.

1 Like

Here’s my attempt with a white background.

Thx! Yes, it seems you got the same hazy blue residual background behind the interior hairs and around some of the flyaway hairs that I did using Mask AI. At least, it’s not a one-off result due to my lack of skill

It’s something I suspect a Transparency Brush would be needed to correct. Similar to what was in the “classic” Mask AI. It’s a tool that should also work on bridal veils and other semi-translucent objects in images. That functionality goes beyond and complements the Color Range Tool.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot Update Mask AI